Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Praveen sinha

Reliance launches its first CDMA smartphone ZTE V6700 with bundled offer

I think it lapses. But even with only 5GB, how many can consume that much with only mobile browsing?

I think it lapses. But even with only 5GB, how many can consume that much with only mobile browsing?

ok. You can confirm it by messaging MBAL to 55333 to get remaininig dtat balance.

Edited by mcwintek

Did that.. got reply "No Default configured"..

btw.. please note that i am on postpaid!

>>> ok. You can confirm it by messaging MBNAL to 55333 to get remaininig dtat balance.

sorry typo, it is MBAL to 55333

this time:

"Dear Subscriber, Your request could not be processed as you are not a valid user.." :ko2:

From FAQ on ZTE website:

For android handset, when you check the handset memory via task manager, you will find that the usable memory is only about 400M while the standard memory is 512M, which caused many users can’t understand. In fact, one reason for this problem is that the operating system of android has occupied 100M space of RAM. According to the version difference of operating system, the actual occupation is also different. For preset software in handset, the running of programs occupies the used space part, which is different according to actual situation.

The above description is the main cause for RAM is not corresponded with standard, which make the users confused.

And yes, RAM size is 401 MB only as reported by @nshram. Don't know how it was mentioned as 512MB in the phone pamphlet uploaded by Preveen in first post.

Strange.
I still cannot believe on this claim. I checked the actual installed memory using several system info apps but it is showing 401 MB every time. I don't think that the system info apps report the available RAM (actual RAM - consumed by Android OS) rather than actual one.

Bad hardware quality.

4 weeks to the handset and already facing following issues:

1.) Charging/data micro USB slot on phone seems to be getting loose :( . Have to keep an object on the slot after connecting cable for uninterrupted charging. Don't want to get the handset opened at service station this soon. Don't know how long would be able to continue like this :(

2.) Handset getting very hot near the camera on back if data (especially if on 1x on low signal) is ON. Due to this if data is ON and phone is being charged simultaneously, then getting battery over- heated warnings even in winters. Don't know what would happen in summers on using phone under the sun in open.

3.) Handset corrupting (damaging?) 8 GB Micro SD card. The phone does not support micro-SD capacity greater than 4 GB. I used a perfect SanDisk 8 GB micro SD (which was working in my HTC GSM) only to find that the phone corrupted it in 2 days saying 'SD card damaged'. Even after multiple formats from same phone, it did not work in this phone again (yet to try it back on HTC to confirm if it is permanent damage or just soft issue). Had to factory reset the phone loosing all settings :( Inserted 4 GB micro SD and it is working fine now.

4.) Surprisingly one fine day the phone starts taking 5 seconds to wake after pressing the power button. The issue did not resolved even after several restarts. Had to factory reset the phone.

5.) Bad camera. Above all no way to turn off the ugly click sound with camera click even with third party apps! Also, no torch application is working with the flash. One app worked but with continuous clicks sound!!

Other general feedback on phone:

1.) Phone has just 140MB internal user memory. Updating the stock apps only leaves 80MB. These inbuilt apps use internal memory for cache & data so say 20 MB more is used by them. Now several apps for 2.3 compatibility are still supported only on phone memory. Also even if a apps is movable to SD card, it uses 1-10 MB on internal memory. So on just installing 3-4 apps memory is finished and you get a warning. So this phone absolutely does not leave chance to install apps !! now what are we using Android for if not apps. Somebody ask these chinese craps. They should have at least 1 GB internal memory.

2.) Reported battery level is inaccurate all time (seems this is more to do with Android as my HTC also has this issue).

3.) Signal reception is weak and fluctuating.

4.) Secured WiFI connection leads to frequent phone crash/restart (known Android 2.3 issue)

Battery life very unpredictable. Without data and normal phone usage (45-60 min talk a day) sometimes it goes on for 2 days while sometimes it goes out in a day. With data, of course it depends on screen ON time and apps running using the data.

On an all, a very average phone. Not value for money compared to what one can get in same amount for GSM. It can best serve as basic phone or first Android phone for someone who has never used Android phones earlier. If someone has used Samsung, HTC Android phones then it would be a very big big let down. Also, if someone has used Android 4.x phones then also it would be a disappointment.

Edited by mcwintek

@mcwintek: check this too - after switching on airplane mode and returning back to normal mode, not able to send messages! Though able to receive them.. Works ok after restart.. Don't know if this is an issue only with me..

@mcwintek: check this too - after switching on airplane mode and returning back to normal mode, not able to send messages! Though able to receive them.. Works ok after restart.. Don't know if this is an issue only with me..

Must be.. I don't send messages too often hence didn't observed this.

Actually there are several bugs in the phone both in Android 2.3 and ZTE custom layer. The phone is just serving a purpose of basic touch phone that's it. And since I have used HTC Desired HD and Samsung S3, this phone comes nowhere close to them both in hardware and capabilities.

I wanted to use CDMA data on Android and thats why took this phone. It is a big let down. Several times my phone connect in 1x mode engaging my number. Even with EVDO connection, many times it sounds engaged. It is my primary number which I don't wish to sound engage. Data on CDMA does not make sense. I don't know how can people designing standards can overlook such a must requirement that phone should never be engaged if Data is ON. Look at GSM, Even GPRS connection does not engage your phone ever. No wonder now I know why further development in CDMA was discontinued by the very company who invented it (Qualcomm). CDMA is a dead as phones moved towards data for which it was not designed. But yes, CDMA is superior standard if only voice is considered. No doubt about it.

I checked ZTE made MTag 352 - that was quite good. But this one seems to be messed up!

now works ok without needing restart.. seems to have resolved itself.. :confuse:

I checked ZTE made MTag 352 - that was quite good. But this one seems to be messed up!

ZTE made Mtag 352 almost looks like this. I think it is same as Releiance V6700. Even on Google play this phone is identified as "MTS ZTE ZXY-ZTE_V6700" (those people forgot to change the identification string ;). Even this phone looks good from looks and is pretty average in use. I am sure there must be same issues with MTS Mtag 352 as well.

Reliance smart V6700 is now available for Rs 4999 at Reliance web world

:( such a deep price cut. Bad for early buyers like me.

And add to it the paint on back panel of my phone has started to peel off :mad44: just 6 months old phone.

What's about old member. After 6 month. No such data plan.....

huaweitrick@gmail.com ☆★☆★(samsung s3 )★☆★
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
★☆★☆★☆★
★☆★☆★
★☆★

ekxy.jpg

Edited by huaweitrick

What's about old member. After 6 month. No such data plan.....

huaweitrick@gmail.com ☆★☆★(samsung s3 )★☆★

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

★☆★☆★☆★

★☆★☆★

★☆★

ekxy.jpg

Thats the main issue with EVDO (CDMA tech). No good data plans. Add to it the shaky EVDO coverage & issues like phone engage sometimes even on EVDO that even all operators are discarding CDMA tech!!