Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Praveen sinha

Reliance launches its first CDMA smartphone ZTE V6700 with bundled offer

Hmm.. in think in order of quality Huawei > ZTE > Coolpad

This is the first time I have seen both coolpad and quality both coming in a single sentence...

This is the first time I have seen both coolpad and quality both coming in a single sentence...

Oh is it that bad. Have never used Coolpad myself, just have heard about bad reviews. And MTS is introducing Coolpad smartphones .. the patest Mtag 353 is rebranded Coolpad 5210.. God bless them!!

:depressed: kripya coolpad ke liye aise comments na karein.. i have 3 coolpads.. 2938, s100, 288.. all lying..

but still am loyal to coolpad.. :grinning:

• Like 1

I never used Coolpad, but as I tried MTS MTag 351 (Alcatel/TCL made) and MTag 352 (ZTE made), I find ZTE MTag 352 is quite good.

:depressed: kripya coolpad ke liye aise comments na karein.. i have 3 coolpads.. 2938, s100, 288.. all lying..

but still am loyal to coolpad.. :grinning:

Curious.. do you mean 'Lying' in drawer? ;)

I never used Coolpad, but as I tried MTS MTag 351 (Alcatel/TCL made) and MTag 352 (ZTE made), I find ZTE MTag 352 is quite good.

Is ZTE Mtag 352 unlocked/unlockable?

been visiting several Reliance outlets since last year to check if any good handset is available. All they had were 1-2 cheap ZTE handset of Rs. 800-1000

You will never get any good handset at reliance store. Look for deals in but sell thread.

Sent from my iPhone

Is the 6777/- price for this handset is DP or is this the MRP?

Is the 6777/- price for this handset is DP or is this the MRP?

It's MOP

Sent from my HTC One X

Visited a Reliance store today in Delhi. They are clueless about this phone.. as usual.

Hope this handset hits the stores and do not just remain on website like Huawei C8600 !!

Praveen Ji .. any clues when it would hit the stores?

Saw it today in Reliance outlet at Bangalore. Sales guy willing to sell at Rs 6500/-

Saw it today in Reliance outlet at Bangalore. Sales guy willing to sell at Rs 6500/-

Any comments on quality, handset feel etc.

Checked a Reliance web store in Noida today. They haven't got it still.

Bought it last week.. after comparing with Galaxy Y cdma and Ace Duos.. Comparison attached..

post-11472-0-36621400-1353231394_thumb.p

Edited by nshram

Bought it last week.. after comparing with Galaxy Y cdma and Ace Duos.. Comparison attached..

post-11472-0-36621400-1353231394_thumb.p

Thanks. You can add RAM comprison row.

Apart from specs, how does the phone feel in hand (build quality), signal reception, real world battery life, responsiveness, touch etc.

Just confirming again - it has to be taken with new number only. Can't it be taken without new number and benefits activated on old number?

Would check Reliance stores in Delhi next week. Not avaialable in West UP and the web world guys ar clueless.

Edited by mcwintek

RAM: ZTE-V6700 has 401 MB.. Haven't got that info for the Samsung models.. yet!

Feel: good,i think.. had been using smaller phones earlier(with keypad) where i could fully grip in one hand and operate with thumb.. here, need some practice! But those already using similar phones with a "wider" form factor would feel comfortable..

Look: Quite stylish.. Makes a distinctive impression among the crowd of Samsung Galaxies.. The burnished metal border gives a "professional" look..

Signals: Able to get strong EVDO signal.. data speed quite good.. in excess of 1 Mbps..

Battery life: lasts average 1 to 1.5 days.. currently, i'm trying out various features continuously, so life may improve later!

Benefits: not clear whether applicable to old connections.. I got the 4GB SD card.. it is in the box anyhow..

Accessories: matching scratch guards and covers not yet available in the spares market.. USB/charger cable looks similar to some other models..

Thanks @nshram

401 MB RAM. Strange. The phone spec sheet attached by Praveen on first post list it as 512 MB.

So u took a new number with the phone. Hmmm...

Why not they include one screen cover & pouch in the box itself :P

>>401 MB RAM. Strange. The phone spec sheet attached by Praveen on first post list it as 512 MB.

512 MB is theinternal storage size, not RAM. I got the RAM figure by running a system info app.

>>So u took a new number with the phone. Hmmm...

No.. Continued with my existing number only.. It was a non OMH sim.. Brought OMH sim and got my number transferred to it..

>>Why not they include one screen cover & pouch in the box itself

Some other models do it.. Sony.. Motorola.. for some of their high profile/cost models.. But this is a "budget" smartphone..

@nshram , so what about the bundled benefits like 5 GB/month EVDO etc. that comes with this Phone. Does these benefits got transfered to your old existing number or are they attached to the new number only that comes bundled with the phone?

after seeing initial post here, i assumed 5GB/month was not available for existing connections.. so subscribed to the 94mobilenet plan..

later when i contacted cc to check, they said 5GB offer was valid.. so i asked them to cancel 94mobilenet plan..

but i still am uncertain about what plan i am really subscribed to.. have to wait till 1st month bill to confirm..

one new behaviour observed today: handset suddenly got heated up when i was in a different location

Edited by nshram

:previous:

Thanks. So it means that when you purchased the handset there was no new number (OMH SIM) that came bundled with it. Strange. The first post says that phone comes bundled ONLY with a new connection. Even a banner on Reliance website says so.

I am yet to find any Reliance store in Noida that stocks this phone so can't confirm myself if it does comes bundled with new number or we have option to transfer the bundled data offer to existing number.

Got this phone.

Initial impressions not good - Weak signal reception (at same place where other reliance 5 year old LG hanset getting 100% signal, this handset shows 50% many times), huge signal fluctuations (just after calling it gets to 0% and then fluctuates widely), getting heated up very very quickly (in 5-6 minutes of talk only one can feel heat in ear. SAR mentioned is .707), weak speaker due to which the ringtone is very low, plastic build quality (the battery door is very very hard to take out, and it gets loose after 2-3 open-close and looks prone to cracking soon:( )

Would give detailed feedback after more use. So current advise - not recommended.

And yes, RAM size is 401 MB only as reported by @nshram. Don't know how it was mentioned as 512MB in the phone pamphlet uploaded by Preveen in first post. The internal memory available for user is 148 MB while the phone comes with 4 GB class 4 micro SD card.

• Like 1

More info on the great 5GB bundled offer:

apparently it is applicable only for "mobile internet".. i.e browsing through handset.. :nerves:

i assumed it was applicable to use of "mobile as modem" and got charged heavily under netconnect usage - 60p/30p per minute.. :ko2:

am still talking to ccare about this.. :bash:

another strange thing ccare said was that mobilenet94 is also applicable only to "mobile internet" and NOT use of "mobile as modem".. :mad44:

(have they changed anything recently?? :confuse: )

when i pointed out that it clearly says otherwise on rcom website, they said they had been "advised to say so" by their "superiors".. :Silbando:

well.. i suppose all this is "par for the course" as far as interaction with reliance ccare is concerned.. :hypocrite:

Edited by nshram

What about data carry forward? Is the left over data limit in a month gets carried over to next month or does it lapse at month end? Please let us know whenever it's more than a month for your phone.