Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Pulkit Gupta

Buying a new Bike? Discuss here!

Hi guys

I want to gift a bike to my lil bro and need suggestion for the same.. You all have always helped me and luking for the same again..

I have shortlisted these four bikes..

1. Pulsar 200ns

2. Yamaha R15 V2

3. Honda CBR150

4. KTM Duke

I have listed them in the order i prefer...

the main suggestion i need is between Pulsar 200ns and Yamaha R15 as these two are my first preference..

now need your valuable suggestion for finalizing one... his usage( daily driving) is not high 10-20kms daily for classes and all.. my budget around 1.20l..

Please guys help as u always do.. need to final this before sunday...

Thanks...

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Title Updated >>

KTM Duke is the BEST 200cc bike in India as on date at it's price. Next - Pulsar 200NS,then CBR 250 (which you missed), then R15 and lastly CBR 150

• Like 3

Hi guys

I want to gift a bike to my lil bro

Sirf ek hi bhai ko gift karoge ? Thoda iss chote bhai ki taraf bhi nazarein inaayat kijiye pulkit bhai. Mehangai ke iss daur mein mujhe ghode (horse) se kaam chalana padh raha hai, magar ye kambakht ghoda roz mujhse ek batli RUM kee maangta hai. Rum se sasta toh Petrol padega. Toh agli bike mujhe he gift karna. Lolz.... :P j/k

Pulsar could be a good choice for your little brother.

• Like 7

KTM DUKE anyway its good bike especially your little bro will like it

But as compared to pulsar its not economical .....

But still I would suggest duke

evo lte rocks!!!!

Edited by shreesh
  • Like 1

Dheeraj ji was waiting for your suggestion desperately... didn't missed CBR250, it was above my budget it is price around 1.75l... read a lot of reviews about ktm duke and pulsar.. ktm duke better in pickup and styling but still will it be worth spending 30k more on it? i have read in a review KTM is not a bike for every one but pulsar is... and being a pulsar fan i have kept it on my first preference..

@ honest ji

Chota bhai to main hun... now hoping for my my next gift from u... aap to dadu ho aapko mujhe gift karna chahiye... chalo bike nahi to car sahi... even nano bhi chalegi...

Edited by Pulkit Gupta
  • Like 1

Would suggest either Pulsar 200NS or KTM Duke 200, however will recommend Pulsar 200NS reasoning cost saving, comfort & little better economy.

Both have similar engine. KTM is proven refined with performance and aesthetics.

Pulsar 200NS is made by learning technology from KTM & beyond and is for sure better product in terms of comfort and daily riding.

If you've time before taking final call, might you wanna check following links to gain more knowledge about both bikes.

http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcycle-ownership-experiences/22741-pulsar-200-ns.html

http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcycle-ownership-experiences/21737-ktm-200-duke.html

http://www.google.co.in/search?q=pulsar+200ns+vs+ktm+duke+200

• Like 1

Pulkit bhai Sorry to hack into your thread...

My elder bro is also planning to buy a FAMILY Bike.. (hope you know what it means)

Flat seat for bhabi and my nephew ;) Jyada mileage, kam dikhawa :)

Is Kamartod mehengai me which bike would be good ?

Usage will be heavy, so good economy is the 1st preference.

60000 is the budget.

Please Suggest.

Thank you all :hypocrite:

Pulsar 200NS is based on the baby Duke. Bajaj copied lots of tech from it as a bargain to launch KTM in india. But as they say original is original. and KTM is the original Austrian Bike. 30K is a very very small extra cost to get the KTM. My 2 friends have recently got it and already traveled to Yamnotri on it. It is a fantastic bike.

Underbelly Water Exhaust Test of KTM Duke (similar capability also exists in 200NS)

@sujit_k - look no further than the Honda dream Yuga and save some moolah too.

I BTW am planning a Ninja 650.

2012-kawasaki-ninja-650-3_560x420.jpg

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 6

Pulkit bhai Sorry to hack into your thread...

My elder bro is also planning to buy a FAMILY Bike.. (hope you know what it means)

Flat seat for bhabi and my nephew ;) Jyada mileage, kam dikhawa :)

Is Kamartod mehengai me which bike would be good ?

Usage will be heavy, so good economy is the 1st preference.

60000 is the budget.

Please Suggest.

Thank you all :hypocrite:

I would suggest bajaj discover as it will meet your requirements having good mileage good seating arrangement having good technology than Honda

Bajaj has launched too many models of discover....so check it

evo lte rocks!!!!

• Like 1

KTM will be the first choice then Honda and Yamaha..

Pulsar seems to have a problem with stability at high speeds...i.e. braking at high speeds..the vehicle can not control self.

@Dhiraj Bhai

@shreesh Bhai

Discover 100 is the latest one claiming 87kmpl but 100cc bike :P Feels like YUKKK for me :( Have read a couple of reviews where it says that the bike doesnt go above 60kmpl :P

Honda dream yuga seems good... Will check on the internet right now and will visit the dealer tomorrow.. BTW Whats its on road price ?

@Dhiraj Bhai

@shreesh Bhai

Discover 100 is the latest one claiming 87kmpl but 100cc bike :P Feels like YUKKK for me :( Have read a couple of reviews where it says that the bike doesnt go above 60kmpl :P

Honda dream yuga seems good... Will check on the internet right now and will visit the dealer tomorrow.. BTW Whats its on road price ?

there are many variants in discover i.e. 100cc,125cc, 150cc also the one new launched 125st!!!

Edited by shreesh

So now final call is to be between KTM duke and Pulsar 200NS...

i have dropped R15 and Honda from my wish list...

Dheeraj ji i have read a lot of reviews about both ktm duke and pulsar 200.. And they both are going almost equal...

so still not sure which one to go for... some votes to duke and some to pulsar... Planning to take a test ride again before making the final call..

and Ninja 650 Hot choice as always.. You always go for the beast.. i wish if i could get one in gift :P loll..

@ sujit_k every company claims mileage of 80+kmpl but they hardly give 60-70kmpl.. i will suggest u to go and test drive a few like dream yugga, discover or hayate.. and choose the one you feel is better in driving and handling...

Edited by Pulkit Gupta
  • Like 1

KTM and Pulsar engines are made in same plant by Bajaj...

@ Sujit - Go for Bajaj Discover 125ST.

@Pulkit. Duke and 200NS both are good choice. I prefer 200NS over Duke for few reasons. First - The difference in price, similar technology. Second - Pan India service support of Bajaj, also every mechanic on roadside is familiar with Pulsar series. Third - In your condition, its for daily commute for your bro. Not for serious pro biking I guess.

Also invest in good riding gears like Helmet and gloves. For more user experience go to xbhp.com

I think you can consider Hero Karizma ZMR too.

My friend bought his 200NS three months earlier. Done with second service, returns 35kmpl after daily commute of 40-50 Km. Bike is good, stable, enjoyable only above 60km/h, Weak Horn.

Edited by abhishekky
  • Like 2

@ sujit you can try for Honda Shine big brother of Yuga and 125cc also.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by kalpeshaparmar
  • Like 1

<< Topic Title Updated >>

Just updated and made this thread exclusively for Bike purchasing discussions for all. Anyone needing advice / suggestions regarding the purchase of new / old bike can discuss here. :)

On Saturday went to bajaj showroom hadd a test ride of both bikes i felt pulsar more comfortable that duke... and also the price difference was 50k so duke went above my budget still i took my lil bro there and made him choose one as i felt both of them are almost equal and both worth there prices... and the final call was made for Pulsar 200NS...

So finally bought Pulsar 200NS for my lil bro...

Thanks all for help and suggestions... :)

Thinking of either of these two BSA bikes for re-starting bicycling?

Hercules Atom http://www.bsahercules.com/product-features.asp?pid=377 for 5K

BSA Mach City http://www.bsahercules.com/product-features.asp?pid=421 for 3.8K

or any other suggestion...

Thinking of either of these two BSA bikes for re-starting bicycling?

Hercules Atom http://www.bsahercules.com/product-features.asp?pid=377 for 5K

BSA Mach City http://www.bsahercules.com/product-features.asp?pid=421 for 3.8K

or any other suggestion...

Sir how about Firefox?

Sir how about Firefox?

In the cost of 1 Firefox we could get 2 to 3 BSA's, so I don't find that viable. The quality of BSA is world class.

• Like 3

Dhiraj Sir,

need advice. I am planning to buy a bike about 2 lacs budget.

though will book in 2014 . ( 18 yrs tab complete honge)

any suggestion?

^

The Cafe Racer 500cc from Bullet is coming...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/134672-royal-enfield-cafe-racer-spotted-testing-now-called-continental-gt-6.html#post3235135

Loved the ad - Find your Cafe... We have built the Racer...

• Like 3

Any idea of launch date

Already booked a RE350cc classic but now skeptical about taking the delivery after seeing this. By the way still nothing beats my old 1980 Bullet will miss the thump.