Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
panku_etc

Reliance EVDO/1X Data Issue

Even my data is totally off for the last 3 days. All of a sudden, data fully stopped - not even 1x leave alone EvDo.

I complained at 198 and got a call from RCOM, Mumbai - they told me that all data settings are active on my account and there should be no problem. He told me to switch off and then after 2 minutes, switch on again. All should be fine. I did the same but to no avail. And like sumitnda, I too did not install any new apps, and all other services like calls, texts is working flawlessly. One thing I have noticed is that the signal bars are now constant at 6 bars and previously, they were fluctuating wildly anywhere from 0 to 4 and sometimes rarely at 6.

I called up GOD-RW and he advised me to do a fac reset, I did, but still no data. Today he will reconfigure my phone. lets see what happens next.

I think RCOM is upto something sinister nowadays. My data usage according to ZDBOX shows about 1.2 GB and my RCDMA bill shows 2.35GB. Till last month it was more or less equal give or take some 200 to 300 MBs, which is normal.

While complaining at 198, I was also informed that there is some problem All India with 1x services, the next day, the Mumbai man did not agree on this. Just for info.

Edited by KumaarShah

It a issue with reliance data servers.they are trying to resolve the issue.;)

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

I have the same issues from Last Saturday too.. Not sure what's happening with them.

I am also facing same problem in my VZ Galaxy s3. 3g was working like a charm upto 24th night. On 25th morning it stopped working, no 3g now only 1x possible. Please help gurus.

Edited by jabir

I think it's a problem from network side because so many people are facing similar problem.

I'm on evdo but not getting speed...

So we should wait for a while.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G via Reliance

Mods.

After so many posts for different phones, won't it be good to rename topic title to something like "Reliance EVDO/1X Data Issue" and shift topic from techinical/programming to Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ HSD (EVDO) / Netconnect CDMA 1x ( R Connect ) Sub Forum.

Thanks.

• Like 1

^ thats for GSM users who face issues with 3G. The problem being discussed here is CDMA related.

I am talking about cdma itself. I am working at reliance,I have got mail from backhaul team regarding the mentioned issue...:angry:

I am working at reliance,I have got mail from backhaul team regarding the mentioned issue...:angry:

good to know that you're working with reliance, but why :angry: ??

may I have your lotus id through PM :P

triggered from tappa-talk 2...

It's actually a typo error....:P

On my epic CM 10 stock kernel I have stopped getting even 1x symbol. No 3G symbol no 1x symbol. No data period.

My issue is different from the others who are at least getting 1x.

What is wrong?

So whoever is having the issue, can check what their network type is showing? This can be seen by going in settings>about?network type.

@digitalnirvana: my issue is similar to yours... there's no network conenctivity at all. But I'm getting the 3G symbol in my notification bar...

I had similar issues about a month back when my data completely stopped all of a sudden. It finally turned out to be a back end issue and took over 2 weeks to fix despite of GOD looking at it himself. I was told as i had a very old number ( DAPO) era they were having issues fixing it.

Link to my post post on S3 forum:

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/34215-samsung-galaxy-s3/page__st__210#entry276760

So whoever is having the issue, can check what their network type is showing? This can be seen by going in settings>about?network type.

CDMA Revdo-A : 6

I had similar issues about a month back when my data completely stopped all of a sudden. It finally turned out to be a back end issue and took over 2 weeks to fix despite of GOD looking at it himself. I was told as i had a very old number ( DAPO) era they were having issues fixing it.

Link to my post post on S3 forum:

http://www.rimweb.in...210#entry276760

I have informed God about the issue, let's see what RCOM people do...

@digitalnirvana: my issue is similar to yours... there's no network conenctivity at all. But I'm getting the 3G symbol in my notification bar...

I am getting the icon now too...

There is some problem with data . It is nothing to do with instrument. I have Official Samsung Galaxy Pop (Post Paid - EVDO)and Prepaid with 1x . Both were working till 24 Evening. Night onwards stopped downloading data. I was in Kerala (Trichur & Calicut) and the moment I landed in Mumbai on 26 everything became fine again. Of course inbetween data transfer is not working although connection exits.

But the question is why is it happening only to few customers and not all. I have a Motorola photon and i have the same evdo issue, but one of my colleague who is also having the same handset does not have the EVDO issues. Both of us are having the same plan and using in service in bangalore itself.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

But the question is why is it happening only to few customers and not all. I have a Motorola photon and i have the same evdo issue, but one of my colleague who is also having the same handset does not have the EVDO issues. Both of us are having the same plan and using in service in bangalore itself.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I think it's a problem related to old numbers... Something at back end messing with it. Maybe reliance is updating or upgrading something from their side...

Btw I think services are up again...

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G via Reliance

Edited by matriX1218

My data services have started again. I guess it was problem from reliance end, not any handset setting issue.

There was an activity on 24 th night that they are migrating their servers from Chennai to Mumbai.may be some issues with that activity.I will let u know any update comes from their side..:D

Got the solution process to fix the 3g issue. Need to try today

Thank U, parin for the detailed guide.

the services is still not up in Malappuram (near to Calicut). I am still facing the problem. I called Cc today morning they confirmed there is a problem and will be solved immediately but not given any time span. I think that with only with Old numbers becoz my two bros are using evdo flawlessly, in their SGS2,SGS3 without any problem. waiting for to service to up again....

Now i am getting the services again. I think evdo service has been restored. Now i am getting flawless connection for the past 1 hour...thanks all for the suggestions and discussions.

In palai, near kottayam kerala also we are facing same issue...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

My EvDo services are restored now, speeds are very good also. I am getting abt 1.71 Mbps d/l, 0.79 Mbps u/l and ping of 81ms. This is far better than the 0.2 to 0.4 Mbps d/l speeds I was getting over the last 5 to 6 months. Hope RCOM does not read this and mess it up again.

It is indeed very nice to see the Blue coloured signal bars and the 3G signs. The signal bars are also remaining at full strength now (all 6 bars)

Although GOD could not proceed with the reconfiguration of my Photon because when he was free, I was busy and vice versa, I thank him for his commitment to atleast address the problem and try to set it right. It is a year since I bought the mobile from him.

Edited by KumaarShah
  • Like 2