Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
n_iceman

How to stop SMS spam?

I get to many unsolicited SMS ..mostly with a senders name which start with 2 capital letters like 'LM' ... How do I block these generically? Can I block only from 'LM?????' Etc ...is there any app to do it?

My number is on the DND list already but I still get these SMS. Is everyone else also getting?

6eruvage.jpg

__

Sent from my mobile

You can report them using "India against SPAM" FREE app from PlayStore...

It will be blocked for all DND customers later...

Link HERE

• Like 2

If your number is registered with DND, please call up your service provider within 72 hours of getting the SMS and register a complaint. The service provider is required to give you a docket number indicating receipt of the complaint and forward the same to TRAI. You can check up status of the complaint on TRAI website after 72 hours which will indicate whether your complaint has been registered or not.

Regards

Rahul

• Like 1

This wont work, because the app will only block SMS from particular numbers

The spam I am receiving is from 'LMxxxxxx" or "DMxxxxxx" or similar. They dont have any number and we cant even reply SMS to these senders.

Sorry, I didnt understand this part.

Simply Activate DND & U Wont Receive Any such SMS

• Like 1

Did you even read what the OP posted?

He's on DND.

BTW, even i face the same issue.

you can complaint in the following format

send SMS "COMP TEL NO XXXXXXXXXX;dd/mm/yy;Time in hh:mm; short description of Unsolicited Commercial Communication" to 1909.

Eg. Comp TEL NO LM-01234;21/10/12;23:56;CALL ABOUT LOTTERY

YoU WILL get a call back and unique complaint id.

Thanks, I just reactivated my DND.

I sent an SMS with the message START 0 to 1909

But the website does not talk about SMS, is it only about calls or SMS also?

check the new website

www.nccptrai.gov.in

It is for both SMS and calls. In fact, it is easier for you that you are getting messages from LM, DM etc since these are "registered" marketeers who have been allotted that status by TRAI. In case of any violation, they will immediately lose their deposit.

http://www.nccptrai.gov.in/nccpregistry/

http://www.nccptrai.gov.in/nccpregistry/Guidelines%20for%20Customer.pdf

http://www.nccptrai.gov.in/nccpregistry/How%20to%20Register%20complaint.pdf

Check out this for further info.

Regards

Rahul

Thanks, I just reactivated my DND.

I sent an SMS with the message START 0 to 1909

But the website does not talk about SMS, is it only about calls or SMS also?

DND Means Do Not Disturb

So be it SMS or Calls

This wont work, because the app will only block SMS from particular numbers

The spam I am receiving is from 'LMxxxxxx" or "DMxxxxxx" or similar. They dont have any number and we cant even reply SMS to these senders.

Sorry, I didnt understand this part.

This app, afaik sends the COMPLAINT SMS to your operator (it has SMS format and number to send for all Indian operators of all circles and gets updated for changes made in any one's system) instead of you in the format specified by SUJIT KUMAR specified above..

After that, the sender will be blocked under SPAM by all operators especially to DND customers... I have done for 2 such cases..

^ ^ ^

This app is bit of a problem for people using imported CDMA handsets.

To use play store for indian apps, i had Vodafone MCC Code in Market Unlocker app.

This app detects your operator through MCC MNC code & wanted to send the complaint to Vodafone for SPAM SMS received through Reliance CDMA network. :P

So take care that you have the right Operator Code.

This app, afaik sends the COMPLAINT SMS to your operator (it has SMS format and number to send for all Indian operators of all circles and gets updated for changes made in any one's system) instead of you in the format specified by SUJIT KUMAR specified above..

After that, the sender will be blocked under SPAM by all operators especially to DND customers... I have done for 2 such cases..

Yes you are right. But somehow the above app is not showing on my EPIC TOUCH. Maybe I have to try Market enabler or something.

Thanks buddy. :signthankspin:

^ ^ ^

This app is bit of a problem for people using imported CDMA handsets.

To use play store for indian apps, i had Vodafone MCC Code in Market Unlocker app.

This app detects your operator through MCC MNC code & wanted to send the complaint to Vodafone for SPAM SMS received through Reliance CDMA network. :P

So take care that you have the right Operator Code.

Yes..Thanks Rajan Bhai ... I used 40501 which is the correct code for Reliance CDMA users in Andhra Pradesh.

I successfully installed the app and tried to send the complaint.

The complaint SMS is going ... but everytime I am getting the error message 'No Default configured' as a return SMS.

Have you tried using Mr. Number app? Maybe it will work, try it out. I had installed it once as some ICICI calls were irritating me no end, After some time, I uninstalled the app as there was no further use. Hope it helps.

When I was using the same, I tried to block some similar numbers, but the problem was that these numbers starting with LM etc were also sending me bank account and credit card details and I could not afford to lose out on these SMS', so eventually I uninstalled the app.

Maybe you can give it a try.

Link HERE

guyz

First up

it doesnt even matter if you have registered in DND ,

ask me registered like ages ago

and still get spammed for freakin all kinds of crap , especially property :P

But this app above is the ANSWER

i instaleld it this noon ,

and opened it as soon as i received a spam sms

hit send

and got confirmation from DND and after like half an hour vodafone also sent me a sms confirming receipt.

so now i am gonna screw them crapheads real nice ;)

• Like 3

I have not registered for DND on my vodafone number :Sorprendido: ,and also don't recieve any call/sms from any advt companies. :Sorprendido:

Edited by ashish_1985

i get 2-3 sms daily on my nokia with vodafone despite getting dnd last year

any fix for that handset / sim?

i get 2-3 sms daily on my nokia with vodafone despite getting dnd last year

any fix for that handset / sim?

call on 1909 and complain them providing the sms sender name...they will definetely take action.

Some good news in the future?

http://m.timesofindia.com/tech/tech-news/telecom/Harassed-Kapil-Sibal-promises-action-against-pesky-calls/articleshow/17019166.cms?intenttarget=no

NEW DELHI: Pesky calls and messages are a menace not only for common people but also for Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal, who said that he too is a victim of the unsolicited communications and has discussed these issues with telecom regulator.

"Trai is taking it up (pesky calls/SMSes issue). I also face lot of problem. Every two minutes I get such SMS," Sibal told reporters at the Worldwide Cybersecurity Summit here.

"People...used international servers (to send such SMSes), but that also has been stopped. I met Trai Chairman. He will ensure that this is not going to happen anymore," he said.

__

Sent from my mobile

sibal gets those messages every 2 minutes :P

faster than any other person...

Guess he has registered his number everywhere for offers and discounts ;)

otherwise these vvip's numbers are generally cli restricted

I have an issue with UCC and SMS

My number is registered under DND Fully blocked Category.

Yesterday I got the following SMS

TEL NO LM-HOLYHT

02/01/13;

14:12:00

CHEVROLET RELEASES HELP DESK Ref No.( Q7543ABP ) FOR 33500000 INR. For Getting MONEY Send Inquiry with number on (chevpro2@chef.net)

Lodged a complaint with Airtel and got the following reply today

Namaste! Update Ref.no. CDRGP30102475631: No action has been taken as the call/SMS reported by you was found to be of service/non-promotional in nature.

My question:

This is neither a transaction sms nor any service related sms. Clearly this is an SMS Scam. So cant we complaint against it ?

Earlier the companies used to pay the service provider for advertise sms.. Now that DND is in the service provider can't message you on behalf of its listed advertisers.. But that doesn't stop anyone from messaging you an ad from a private number..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Also.. To add.. Many of these people get our numbers from the competitions and forms that we enter while shopping in a Mall.. Whenever you give your contact details on a form.. There is a very high chance that the form collector will advertise his products or sell the information. Database to another company..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2