Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
avishekghosh

Different types of SIM cards

Here I am attaching a picture of different types of sim cards. i.e normal sim, micro sim n nano sim.. apape6e6.jpg

Tapatalking from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 on MTS

post-63922-135200798205_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Also i believe the normal sim is also known as "mini-sim"

N ppl (including me initially) think f it as micro sim..

correct me if m wrong...

I did not know that even SIM cards are of different type. Pls. someone elaborate what are the differences among these three types of SIM card. Are these SIM cards are compatible to each other ? I mean if a nano SIM card can be replaced by a normal or micro SIM card or one need a nano SIM card to replace the same ?

Nice

This is something , I would have googled, but Thanks for the info man +1 for u..

i too believe that. in the begenning we had phones where we had to insert the whole card into the phone and the card was of the size of a business card.

Is there any difference in capacities or whatever in these sims. I think in India we use only one type of sim. Pls shed more info.

only difference is size even you can cut your normal sim and make it micro or nano sim.

For iPhone or pantech burst people use to cut the sim manually but now some of them are using sim cutter which are easily available

some happiness to come !!!!

For people, who require micro SIM and do not want to invest in Micro SIM Cutter (because of only one time usage), attached herewith a 1:1 template, i found while googling..

Micro SIM Template.pdf

• Like 1

I bought a micro-SIM cutter from ebay to cut my MTS RUIM for my S3 and three Moto Razr handsets of my friends. When iPhone5 started to infiltrate through Parin, I thought how people will have a nano SIM for the handsets. But my confusion was cleared when I saw a nano-SIM cutter at Parin's place that day.

Avishek's Pantech Burst also uses micro-SIM. He doesn't want to use a cut SIM on his handset. So he contacted the AirTel guys for an official micro-SIM. Now the AirTel played the spoilsport by sending a nano-SIM instead of a micro-SIM.

This story began from there :doh:

AirTel appears to be over-prepared for iPhone5 :hypocrite:

Edited by sougatadc

I did not know that even SIM cards are of different type. Pls. someone elaborate what are the differences among these three types of SIM card. Are these SIM cards are compatible to each other ? I mean if a nano SIM card can be replaced by a normal or micro SIM card or one need a nano SIM card to replace the same ?

do not know much abuot nano SIM, but there are Micro SIM adapters available in market, using those adapters micro SIMs can be used on phones or data cards which uses normal or MINI SIMs.

i too believe that. in the begenning we had phones where we had to insert the whole card into the phone and the card was of the size of a business card.

reminds me of the days when i had Siemens S3 Com (Essar) or Nokia 1610 (Ushafone) or Motorola StarTac (Imported).. :rolleyes:

Parin sir has listed sim cutter on ebay !!!!

some happiness to come !!!!

Hello friends,

I need an airtel postpaid connection with nano sim in Delhi.

Can some one in Delhi pls confirm where can it be available in south delhi?

thank you all..

one month ago I could get a nano sim for my friend from the Lajpat Nagar ARC

I plan to purchase the HTC Desire 816 DS once it is released in India.

I have a Reliance CDMA connection.

Are Nano sim available for Reliance CDMA? I understand that you cannot cut up a regular sim card to make a nano-sim, since nano sims are thinner?

Regards

Madhabi

Nano cutter is also available in OM(OPEN MARKET).

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Nano cutter is also available in OM(OPEN MARKET).

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Vodafone Delhi is now selling 3G ready smart sims as shown in the picture below. You dont need a sim cutter or adapter anymore. These smart SIM can be used as a normal sim or micro sim. For nano sims a cutter can be purchased from Ebay etc or local shops and vodafone/airtel stores can help in cutting them. They are better equipped in cutting SIMs.

post-20372-0-06801400-1401007195_thumb.j

post-20372-0-23197300-1401007222_thumb.j

reliance cdma is providing this kind of RUIM cards since past 6 months or so..

• Like 1

This type of sim cards available with all operators since last year.... I took one of Vodafone when my sim card lost...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This type of sim cards available with all operators since last year.... I took one of Vodafone when my sim card lost...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

In Delhi I could see only Vodafone selling these type of SIMS. I recently bought airtel SIM. I have IDEA sim as well but no body is selling such SIMs. Meanwhile, I personally I don't like these SIMs and feel there should be a separate micro SIM. The companies are migrating to these SIMs to do cost cutting.

Are Nano sim available for Reliance CDMA? I understand that you cannot cut up a regular sim card to make a nano-sim, since nano sims are thinner?

Regards

Madhabi

is reliance cdma mumbai NANO sim available???

Regards

Madhabi

No Cut it with Cutter at any Mobile shop or Buy one Sim cutter

Nano reliance cdma is available for officially launch of htc E8.

Check your nearly web store.

Sent from my AUXUS CoreX8 3G using Tapatalk 2

Regards

Madhabi

No Cut it with Cutter at any Mobile shop or Buy one Sim cutter
Actually i already having cutter but nano sim thickness also matter in some devices.

Some device require proper nano sim.

Nano reliance cdma is available for officially launch of htc E8.

Check your nearly web store.

Sent from my AUXUS CoreX8 3G using Tapatalk 2

Nano reliance sim are available in webstores in Kerala, but I am looking for RGERUC series nano sim....is it available anywhere?