Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashoksoft

RIMweb Meet - V - Mumbai - 6th Jan, Joggers Park 1630 hrs onwards

Hi

This is with regard to the RIMWEB meet. Yes, it would be certainly good to meet up since most of us out here know each other only "virtually". Being able to fix a face to a name certainly will increase the level of interaction of members for sure. Having said that, I had a certain basic query. You talk of - for techies, by techies, and from techies. What about certain non-techies like us out here? Do I understand that this meet is only for people who are into programming/selling etc? Or would access be permitted for all? What are the requirements of being able to attend this meet? I would prefer if the meet can be held on a weekend (which I am sure most of us too would prefer) since it would enable a lot of people to attend. And if there is a specific agenda, then would prefer if the same can be provided in advance along with the damages to be paid.

Regards

Rahul

• Like 2

Its a very nice idea indeed as i have never met anybody of you all bigwigs....

And it would be much of a learning experience...

But as expressed not sort of techies and all....

anytime anywhere i am ready to meet!

I would certainly like to join big time techies and interact to learn their tricks. Just hope i get adequate time so that i can organize from my dating with courts.>_>

• Like 1

Joggers park Bandar - mark it as a place definitely hot place with interest of all

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

new in mumbai but eagerly waiting for updates!

How about simultaneously plan in other cities as well ....?

• Like 2

I am also eager to meet you all, though my technical knowledge about programming is zero, but I like rimweb platform & its members very much.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Well I stand corrected :) it's a meet for all ... Not just techies :) Lemme retitle that right away

It will be over a weekend.

Food / Beverages if consumed would be borne individually :) simple ... No fees / No damages otherwise ... its putting a face to a name.

If the same can be arranged in other cities too - I'd request volunteers to sync with me, and we could possibly plan this as a multi city meet like ted talks etc :)

• Like 3

Karki I am in, any place works well with me. However, Vashi will be the best as it is quite near to my place. :w00t:

• Like 1

good idea,

Idea to organise citywise is a good idea.I want to add my idea to this

We can organise citywise( major cities) Still all from all cities can interact with other city event by interconnecting through simple web conference without incurring much expenditure.

First we can have count city wise

Me from

Hyderabad- 1

• Like 1

its a nice idea.... hope our sadikk bhai and all other team comes... pls do let me know when and where you are fixing the meet

• Like 1

I am very very eager to attend and meet fellow RimWebians. The problem is time. Can this be planned for Jan or later?

I think I have even shared this same thought in some thread 2 years back, that the gap between planning date to meeting date should be minimum 2 months, so that most people can alter their schedule, dedicate time, even get confirmed train/flight ticket to Mumbai. So that people from far away places can meet, else it will be beneficial for mostly people nearby Mumbai/Maharastra only imho. Also I feel one month is small time for deciding, planning and organizing such once/twice a decade meeting.

P.S. :-

Multi-City meet will be even more complicated, confusing and difficult to organize esp for DECEMBER meet, imho. For Mumbai event atleast car pooling and some help from friends is possible (from above posts) and reasonable good number of members may attend, but thats not possible for multi-city, imho. If web conference is the idea, that can be done even from the comfort of our home. But the main idea here is meeting many people who we know in Rimweb world in real and exchanging idea, contacts, etc.

Just my two cents paise...

• Like 2

Wonderful thoughts :) I was thinking about the logistics. Rimweb as we know it has grown leaps and bounds. And today we have far many members than in 2007, it would be wise to organize it at a central location. Someplace like town (Churchgate and CST are equidistant from such a location) and all lines - Harbour, Central and western culminate there :)

I could check if there's any couchsurfer who can allow a congression at his / her home as well - since that way all logistics are taken care of.

@KanagaDeepan : I think its a good idea to keep it in Jan too ... will give enough time to get the logistics in place :). Follow the details here :

https://www.facebook.com/events/113987638763560/?context=create

• Like 1

Just thought I would add a few questions so that people can answer them and also provide inputs for everyone else, so that we all are on the same plane.

Is it just people meeting up over a cup of coffee (?) or is it more formalised with presentations etc? To be more specific, what is the agenda?

How will the venue be? If it is a public place, then there would not involve any kind of rentals etc but places like CCD or pubs etc may not appreciate the idea of so many people lingering on for so long with limited business. Better would be if a hall or some location could be hired and the expenses shared. Again my two cents.

If it is going to be a formalised affair including introducing people to business models, then would buying/selling be involved/allowed?

Is the entire affair going to be moderated or would it be a free-for-all?

Logistics will play an important role in any meet and this is going to be no exception either. How many people would mind shelling out some money so that both hall charges (if any) and refreshments are covered? And what would be the upper limit for such "cover charges"?

:hypocrite: Any sponsors? :Sorprendido:

Regards

Rahul

Plus: The idea of two months notice sounds sensible since people would get a definite time to re-organise their lives just to be able to attend. It would be sad that just the short notice prevents someone from meeting up.

• Like 3

I think we should have max 2 probable dates so that everyone can plan accordingly. This way we also know how many will be attending and can finalised the venue as per number of attendees. CCD or such cafes are feasible only if attendees are less than 12 or so.

• Like 1

WOW. Nice count me in. TTMM policy shld be applied. (Tu Tera Mein Mera). Churchgate, CST would be best i guess. Venue......?? leopord cafe ???

• Like 1

Karki I am in for Any Saturday on December

will be traveling from Mulund to the venue.

any one wanting to Car pool I can pickup you ppl. Car size Hatch back 1+4

Im/ Mail Me (vy.nirajdesai@gmail) , sms/call Me after 1 Dec 9324089656 before 30th Nov* 00971529235230 * Interantional Callind texting Rates Aply

Regards

Niraj

• Like 2

eager to be a part of the meet.. :(

but too far & no plans of travelling as of now..

triggered from tappa-talk 2...

• Like 2

Good points brought up by RahulSid. We've organized such events in the past with CCDs and Orphanages and then a short visit to Pizza hut nearby for a meet. Guess an open air area - considering its a winter evening - would be ideal.

Is it just people meeting up over a cup of coffee (?) or is it more formalised with presentations etc? To be more specific, what is the agenda?

Its a place where people who discuss things with daily online get to meet others in flesh. Keeping the bon homie of this forum alive.

This time we would have a small session called TekTalk - which might have a presentation - lasting about 20-25 mins tops :) @Sadikk with his gadget bunch would be able to show some crazy stuff there :)

Agenda : It's a free meeting - come, meet, get to know people whom you have known only online :)

How will the venue be? If it is a public place, then there would not involve any kind of rentals etc but places like CCD or pubs etc may not appreciate the idea of so many people lingering on for so long with limited business. Better would be if a hall or some location could be hired and the expenses shared. Again my two cents.

True that :) If the congression is anywhere close to the number of people we are expecting (the last meet having 14 people if i remember right) - any of the places rock. I've been organizing events based on agenda and specifics for the major part of the last couple of months :) ... this time - its a little disorganized :) get your chips ;) snacks if its a public place or garden (as long as no litter is thrown about) or a cafe.

If it is going to be a formalised affair including introducing people to business models, then would buying/selling be involved/allowed?

No :) But the buy sell rules would be exactly the same as on the forum. The platform just be helping people know their sellers :) better.

Barely anything formal mate :)

Is the entire affair going to be moderated or would it be a free-for-all?

Yes, There would be standard meeting rules mentioned. The previous meets can be viewed here :

Rimweb Mumbai Meet 4

Rimweb Mumbai Meet 2

Rimweb 3rd Anniversary Meet

Rimweb turns 3

Rimweb Meet 1 - Report

Rimweb Meet Trivandrum

Contributions for the event is something I have not thought about much. If people wish to sponsor something - I'd request them to sync with me. We'll discuss with Arun / other admins and mods to take the final call to see if we need a sponsored event.

The tentative date is marked as 6th Jan, Sunday - and I hope that covers for a month and a half of planning :)

cheers

Karki

• Like 2

Count me in

will be traveling from Lalbaug to the venue.

any one wanting to Car pool I can pickup you ppl. Car size MUV 1+6

Mail Me (ankurshm@gmail.com) or sms me 9320066990

Regards

Ankur

• Like 1