Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

i have bought one from rediff yesterday:

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/apple-tv-hd-md199-ll-a-3rd-latest-gen-1080p/11400030

is this a good deal?

does this work in india?

i know i should have asked these before buying but anyways!

It is 90$ on amazon and 99$ on apple store. Count the shipping charges and customs duty. It works in India except netflex and boxee. If you want use netflex and boxee etc there is way. You have to get strong VPN or hidemyass services with comparable router.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

there are better options available today than Apple TV like WD LIVE TV HUB its much better to apple tv....

i think u should have considered that too....

• Like 1

my concern was that apple requires min 8 mbps wifi speed while i only have 2 mbps

has anyone installed this yet?

if so what speed is your wifi?

I had read in some forum about speed of 2mbps being sufficient enough for normal tv but may give some error in case of netflix only

I have 2 mbps and apple tv .... its very sluggish ....

I have 25 MBPS speed and I never experienced any buffering problem in viewing the apple tv even HD movies. I have 4mbps vpn and hence there is no buffering in viewing the net flex also. But in so far as using airplay with ios devices for accessing the content downloaded on your iTunes (video or songs) through wifi, the internet speed does not count it is depends on only the speed of your router (preferably N router is good). But my friends who is having 2 mbps line on bsnl, or you broadband, they are not getting problem buffering with apple tv. But they are getting problem with roku. I want to say one more word about net flex and Hulu is concern if you donot have strongvpn or hidemy ***, even if you use 25mbps speed you would suffer with buffering while viewing the Netflex etc. The cheap VPN doesnot give more than 1mbps speed on vpn usage so I advice to confirm how much speed they allow on VPN before purchasing VPN plan.

given that streaming media is going to be slow for video on 2mb/s, is there anyway to download content before viewing?

given that streaming media is going to be slow for video on 2mb/s, is there anyway to download content before viewing?

no dear there is not hdd in this so we cant download....

in so far as apple tv first gen is concern it is possible.

ok, i ordered 3rd gen

ps: i noticed the price went up by rs. 1 k a few days after i ordered...