Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mroy

Please suggest Best CDMA Data plan for HTC Desire VC

I recently upgraded my phone to HTC Desire VC.

I am a CDMA post paid user with Simple 99 voice plan.

I went to the nearest Reliance centre and asked them to activate EVDo for me on Pay-as-you-go basis. On my mobile, in network settings, it is connected to rcomnet, with my phone no. as username and password.

I should be asking this at the Reliance centre but they were not at all interested in giving me any details. Even the data plan on my phone was activated with much reluctance. They were more interested in selling GSM 3g.

So could you please help me out.

What sort of service am I connected to : EVDO or 1x? I think my area (Ambernath, Maharashtra) does not have EVDO but I use the net on mobile while roaming, so would like to have EVDO. Will it switch automatically to EVDO wherever it is available. In the mobile the CDMA network option is set to 1x/EVDO.

What are the other data plans available for this type of internet connection? I would like a 1 GB monthly plan or if not possible 500 MB. How would I have to activate the same.

I would like to have post paid plans, but if pre-paid has better plans, I don't mind that also. Will it be possible to have post-paid voice plan and pre-paid data plan?

Thanks and sorry for such novice questions.

Madhabi

Activate MOBILENET94 plan. It gives you 1gb data per month at 94 Rs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by phonegeek

Activate MOBILENET94 plan. It gives you 1gb data per month at 94 Rs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

How do I activate it? I am in Delhi now, and when I call *222 and select 'speak to customer care' option, the phone disconnects.

Is evdo 3g ? Also, even in delhi, I am getting 1x connection. Who do I speak with to activate evdo and the plan?

The Rworld person who configured my phone for EVDO put the following settings

Name : reliance

APN : rcomnet

Username : Mobile no. (is this MDN?)

password : as above

Server : Not set

MMSC : Not set

(All others seem to be default value)

Are these settings correct for EVDO?

After going through this forum I tried changing username and password to HSD, but still it shows 1x network.

I changed my handset from Nokia 6275 to this HTC Desire VC - is my UIM OMH?

Sorry for all these questions but I cannot get this answer from anywhere - *222, 198 etc. Also the Rworld person did not know. I am getting most frustrated. I asked the 198 person to activate MOBILENET 94 and she took a request, but was unable to help me with settings. She kept saying I need to purchase a OMH card.

Edited by mroy