Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
akhileshril

Google Play Store not working on EVDO

Guys need help. I was using my photon with Reliance Cdma. Recently EVDO started having issues with respect the the speed of download. Now the speed issue is resolved but i am not able to download any Apps from google play store.I have again Flashed 198_7 using RSD lite (Now completely stock with locked bootloader and rooted). But still no luck. When ever i try to download any apps it shows as downloading but without any actual download happening. It works for sometime when i try to do a factory reset but stops working after few mins. Google play store download happens perfectly on Wifi or1X but with EVDO it fails ? After seraching a bit in net I have tried clearing the cache for google play store and google service framework but it did not help. even tried with other google account also with the same issue I tried running logcat and found only few observations given below

12-17 07:30:06.708 W/NetworkStateTracker( 1626): net.tcp.buffersize.evdo not found in system properties. Using defaults 12-17 07:30:06.708 V/NetworkStateTracker( 1626): Setting TCP values: [65536,131072,262144,65536,131072,262144] which comes from [net.tcp.buffersize.default] 12-17 07:30:06.708 D/NetUtils( 1626): failed to add 220.224.141.145 as default route for ppp0: File exists 12-17 07:30:06.768 I/PollingManager( 2097): connectivity_action: NetworkInfo: type: mobile[CDMA - EvDo rev. A], state: CONNECTED/CONNECTED, reason: apnSwitched, extra: cinet.spcs, roaming: false, failover: false, isAvailable: true 12-17 07:30:06.858 E/SYS_MPP ( 2134): ProxySettingHandler Can not get preferred APN id 12-17 07:30:12.498 W/PackageManager( 1626): Unknown permission android.permission.READ_OWNER_DATA in package com.motorola.blur.socialmessaging 12-17 07:30:12.518 W/PackageManager( 1626): Unknown permission com.android.email.permission.READ_ATTACHMENT in package com.motorola.certificatemanager

Any configuration issues or is there any issues with my handset Please help... I even tried posting the same somewhere else also but no use. Had Also taken help from matrix but still issue is not solved. I know there are some issues with room evdo. But my in my case evdo works except for few applications that's why I created new topic

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

try using marketunlocker may or may not solve your issue, worth a try, there was a similar issue with youtube with EVDO @parin gave a solution to somebody.

The solution with YouTube was to remove the RSTP address and port in data (##3282) configuration.

i felt similar solution might be available

Now For the past 3 days I am not able to install any app from the play store using evdo. its get stucks showing downloading loop

try using marketunlocker may or may not solve your issue, worth a try, there was a similar issue with youtube with EVDO @parin gave a solution to somebody.

Tried using the same man, Google play download worked only for the first time after i change Market unlock and reboot. Subsequently the same old issue props up..

The solution with YouTube was to remove the RSTP address and port in data (##3282) configuration.

Have tried removing RSTP address already but no use Rajan ji...

Even tried using ##3282# and clearing the DSS that also did not help...

Clear cache and data through Application Manager for Google Play Store and check. If it doesn't make any difference then try re-installing Play Store using a direct .apk file.

Clear cache and data through Application Manager for Google Play Store and check. If it doesn't make any difference then try re-installing Play Store using a direct .apk file.

Re-installed Google play store using direct apk file but still same issue is there.

Is there any setting in ##DATA# to be changed like DSS / NAB (i have left these two as old sprint values) .

Even youtube is also working for me... but not Google play store... Will try to do a factory reset again today night...

If any other options are there please let me know.. I had the old NV dump given to me by seller which i have used after SBF to stock

Hard Reset is the only option left I guess. Was it working fine earlier? Is it stock or custom ROM?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Have you tried downloading large files??? Not from play store...but from browser..

Let me know the result

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G via Reliance

Hard Reset is the only option left I guess. Was it working fine earlier? Is it stock or custom ROM?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It was working before the EVDO issue started with RCOM..

Was earlier on Custom RoM ,, after the issue now in stock RoM..

After factory reset also the issue is not resolved.

Have you tried downloading large files??? Not from play store...but from browser..

Let me know the result

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G via Reliance

Yes man the downloads are not happening from browser also... But speed test shows good speed (around 1 mbps at office and around 200-300 kbps at home)...

But gmail and face book apps work... (Is it because they use very less BW ?)

At office even youtube was working but had not tried any download from browser

Totally confused now...

After few more testing following are the observations.

Status in settings - about phone shows as connected to EVDO

*#*#4636#*#* also shows as connected to EVDO.

Speed test app shows a download speed of 1 mbps with ping time of around 120 ms

Except speed test none of the other app (including browsers)are able to access the EVDO BW i believe.

Even i tried connecting my laptop to mobile by making mobile as hot spot that time also the speed i am getting is only around few kbps..

Yesterday night again tried few factory reset without any help.

Issue resolved.

I think there was some problem in backend configuration..

Had to call CC thrice to make them understand that i had issue..

And the issue resolved within three hours of complaint..

Thanks for all the suggestions by forum members...