Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KAPILKDEV

TRAI ordered MTS to inform their subscribers about the closure of service

Friends, reports says that TRAI ordered MTS to inform their subscribers about the closure of their service except Rajastan circle. MTS officials in Kerala is not responding to this news. I am using MTS as my prime number and also using MTS data card. I know many of the rimweb members are using MTS service. Please share latest happening in this issue and whether any MTS user got port out SMS in any circle. If porting out to other network which network you are choosing. Please share your information here.

:previous:

Any source of that news kapii ji? We didn't heard anything like this in wb. I think mts will not quit from India n their service will be available in pan India in future..

Let's wait... I will surely post if i get any update...

Tapatalking from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 on MTS

no such news in UP circle too..

triggered from tappa-talk 2...

I don't think MTS will inform to customers about the service closure till 24th Dec, when Putin will be visiting India.

There are lots of stuffs boiling inside.

TRAI did this not for MTS only, the direction goes to Videocon, Tata, Uninor and MTS.

• Like 1

@ avishekghosh & aalok, news is true, rajanmehta is sharing the copy of TRAI order before I am seeing your posts.

@ rajanmehta thank you very much

Friends, reports says that TRAI ordered MTS to inform their subscribers about the closure of their service except Rajastan circle. MTS officials in Kerala is not responding to this news. I am using MTS as my prime number and also using MTS data card. I know many of the rimweb members are using MTS service. Please share latest happening in this issue and whether any MTS user got port out SMS in any circle. If porting out to other network which network you are choosing. Please share your information here.

MTS has already filed a curative petition in supreme court I guess and besides this there were no takers for CDMA spectrum so possibly MTS get a chance to take that spectrum.

the letter (clause 7) refers to "1800 Mhz auction".

MTS CDMA 800 Mhz and as per reports there was no takers for this auction and the Govt is proposed to re-auction. so technically the auction process for 800 Mhz is not yet complete.

Clause 8 directs "in case it is going to discontinue services"

so the onus of discontinuing service is on SSTL and there is no direction from TRAI to discontinue the service

Well I dont know how MTS will handle the situation but it need not follow any order or direction from TRAI. It has nothing to be afraid from these small directions if its just there for 1 month.( its like if a person is convicted of murder and is awaiting the biggest punishment will he really care about small offences like drink and drive etc.)

There is a mistake in letter, I think they just copy and pasted 1800 from all Letter, in fact there was 800 mha spectrum for one operator this time also but there was no taker for it.

I have not seen a unethical operator like MTS, they are not letting their customers port out, I had sent message on 14.12.2012 to generate UPC but did not receive any reply so i had raised a complaint on the same day via email, i was assured that within 48 hours my complaint would be resolved and i would get the upc via sms on my handset. Till date i.e 19.12.2012 no upc is generated.

The copy of the aforesaid mail was also markedto trai but no action. What is the right of the customer????

what will happen if MTS shuts off its service?

I also have an MTS no and using it in kerala.I tried to port out and as it was not generating Port code ditched the connection and no..

They are advertising for their USB stick on TV and too quite aggressively. No idea what is going to happen. But one thing is sure, they will not loose their money because of bilateral treaty with Russian govt.

They are advertising for their USB stick on TV and too quite aggressively. No idea what is going to happen. But one thing is sure, they will not loose their money because of bilateral treaty with Russian govt.

Surely they will not loose money the end purchaser will loose money

• Like 1

maybe for clearing up stocks.. :P

triggered from tappa-talk 2...

They also have buying Aircel as one of the options... In that case, it is understandable to sell off all the LOCKED stuff to users in a hurry. Later MTS users who have bought locked phones like MTag can use it as a really nice looking paper weight and MTS MBlaze will be very much useful as a microSD card-reader. (Very few users [incl. me] can unlock it and use TataCDMA or RCdma in it.)

Edited by KanagaDeepan

besides, yesterday, Putin has raised MTS issue with our beloved PM and was satisfied with his reply. now whats going on.. so surely there is more to it

The issue is not in the hand of the government whether Putin/XYZ or anybody raises it at whatever level. Unless the supreme court admits MTS's curative petition & grants any relief, nothing can be done. MTS filed curative petition in April 2012 after it's review petition was dismissed & till date nothing has been heard. For reasons mentioned earlier in another topic , i don't believe it will be allowed.

Thank you friends for the valuable replies, I am eagerly watching the future of MTS. As the last date is January 18, picture will be clear within a few days.

Jan 8th is the hearing of the curative petition and am sure after that there would be clarity...from 27th onwards all circles except Rajasthan has to send communication to Customers about disconnection of services...am sure there will be a paper advertisement and also a SMS trigger to Customers

With the current situation, am sure the curative petition will be succesful for MTS and would continue operations...but the concern would be after sending the communication there will be a major impact in number of Customers porting out (Voice) but again to regain this market share will be a tough task

There are quite a lot of Customers using Voice as people know the quality of Voice and Data is much better than GSM (May be people would not agree here)

I have been using a CDMA connection from atleast 2003 onwards and also GSM connection of BPL (Hutch / Voda) / Airtel from 1998 onwards have seen the difference in CDMA

Friends, MTS informed me today through SMS that they will continue after January 18. The SMS is as follows "in ref to TRAI Direction, MTS intends to continue its service beyond 18th Jan'2013, has filed Curative & Extension petition for the same in Hon'ble SC" This information is a big relief for all MTS users, no need to port out now.

Heard MTS & Uninor customers being migrated to Relaince

Source ? And which circles ?

Is it by default, that means MTS & Uninor customers have no other choice of operators??

Also then Reliance will allow port-in to GSM only and not CDMA as usual as per their so called policy.