Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KAPILKDEV

TRAI ordered MTS to inform their subscribers about the closure of service

I heard this from a franchisee manager. But did not bother to clarify as am already on Reliance

MTS is Clearing its Datacard stock

• Like 1

Supreme Court May Hear Sistema's Curative Petition On Thursday

NEW DELHI: India's apex court is likely to hear the curative petition filed by the local unit of Russia's Sistema challenging the cancellation of its mobile permits on Thursday, executives familiar with the developments told ET.

The curative petition is vital for Sistema as the company is required to shut down its networks by January 18 since it did not bid in the last round of auctions and obtain new permits.

The telecoms department had earlier indicated that it would support Sistema's curative petition in the apex court.

ET has learnt that the telecom department may seek an extension for Sistema's permits that expire on January 18, and ask the apex court to allow it to continue operations until the conclusion of the next round of spectrum auctions that are scheduled to begin on March 11.

The Department of Telecom has filed an affidavit in the Supreme Court to allow operators including MTS whose licences have been quashed, to continue services till the next round of auction.
The Telecom Department has told the court that it has put in place an action plan to conduct another round of spectrum sale in March and hence the operators may not bid if their services are shut down on January 18.
“It is respectfully submitted that existing operators whose licences stand quashed may or may not evince interest in such an auction if they are not allowed to offer their services pending conduct of such an auction and this may impact the discovery of an optimal price for spectrum,” the DoT said in its affidavit.

What about its curative petition which was to be heard yesterday? Has it been delayed?

:previous: There was a news that curative petition will be heard on 10th January (yesterday), but till this time no news about the progress of the hearing came out.

OOps! I guess that's why no update on that.

What I found that 10th Jan- Petition hearing news was flooded by Economics Times! :P

Anybody can check with above link by selecting above wp no and get all the orders of Supreme Court in the case from time to time.

thanks gurugopal.

looks like mts is heading towards a downfall as local vendors are seriously getting rid of datacards as ordered by company..

More likely outcome,

• Supreme Court will not restore MTS License,

• But will allow extension till next auction in March 2013 as per DOT's affidavit.

• MTS participates in that auction, wins spectrum & pays market rate.

With operators like uninor, videocon who have bid for selected circles and possibly MTS also in future auction, how are they going to implement free roaming if these operators dont have pan India spectrum?

Same way as 5 free withdrawal per month from other bank ATM is presently implemented. The customer is not charged anything but the service providers settle charges among themselves.

I agree with RM ji.

In a way MTS is in an advantageous position as it is possibly the only operator interested in additional CDMA spectrum. Reliance and TATA already have their spectum and no other operator is interested. So MTS would use its Russian Govt link to reduce the price of the spectrum.

• Like 1

outcome :

License extended,

NOT extended, TRAI plans to offer temporary license to MTS as CDMA auction in March.

In March MTS won pan India or top circles' spectrum on 800MHz band!

Supreme court allowed MTS to continue till 4th February 2013. Source

• Like 1

As I mentioned before in most possibilities MTS will not go as Russian government wants it to be here.

Seems that Indian authorities became blind by the thirst of money and standing to loot poor man's money.

Sorry I'm not able to get your sir @ kapil

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Overpriced spectrum and allowing service providers to act as they like. Resulting new entrants shuttling down, old existing service providers joined to a mafia. http://telecomtalk.info/tariff-hike-other-policies-why-regulators-silent/103853/ The government should instead give the spectrum to a nominal charge and bring strong regulations in call, sms and data charges.

There has been a spate of extra TT offers from MTS ranging from 30% to 50% recently. What does that imply?

:previous: MTS users became panic by the news that MTS service is likely going to shut down soon and tried to port out, to retain their customers they are giving offers.

:previous:

I am not. I am going stay with MTS till the end :hypocrite: . Or when I am asked to port whichever is earlier :Sorprendido:

:previous: Me too. Best tariff and very good network not leaving till the last day.