Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sundar

Incoming MMS on LG 6130

Hello everybody

MMS from internet to reliance is stopped and they delivering only reliance to reliance phones and they stopped the net facility i asked the customer service (*333) they donot know anything about this. what funny answer is this.

Is anyone know about this?

What waste after spending 7oo to buy handset and they charged MMS and even not delivering it.

• Like 1

I am not able to recieve the MMS from email address which are addressed as 91xxxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com

The CC person told me that you get the version 15 for the s/w which I did but things are still the same. No incoming mms.

Please share if you are using LG6130 and facing the same problems. This has been for the last 10 days, or perhaps since R -World got paid???????????????????

Please share. IS reliance not letting us download wallpapers and tones via mms and is trying to force us to pay and download from itself and other content partner.

I tried sending email/MMS to my mobile 91xxxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com but it was not coming but by chance when you send en email in the form xxxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com MMS does come in the inbox of handset but when you connect it gives a message " MSG cannot be found on MMSC"

CC people say that its a technical snag and an upgradde will be needed after version 15.

Strange

Within 10 mins you have two different versions

1 CC persons says ending from email to phone is a trial service.

and the other CC person says its a techincal prob after sorting we will send you a message and you will need to have an software upgrade.

Funny

Are LG 6130 other users facing the same problem as well. Please share and help. :P :sad: :confused: :)B)B)

Did u'll try sending MMS from the MMS Website? It does go thru for me along wid Ringtone/Wallpaper. It might jus be charged, am not sure!

Did u'll try sending MMS from the MMS Website? It does go thru for me along wid Ringtone/Wallpaper. It might jus be charged, am not sure!

29807[/snapback]

Which MMS site Chirag??? :P:P:blink:

Pleaz elaborate!!!!!! :)

Oh dear this site is terribly slow even on a broadband connection

And what's the use chirag in sending the tones and wallpapers to your ownself and being charged

29807[/snapback]

Thanks chirag its working greta. But are we being charged in this case

I am not able to recieve the MMS from email address which are addressed as 91xxxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com

The CC person told me that you get the version 15 for the s/w  which I did but things are still the same. No incoming mms.

Please share if you are using LG6130 and facing the same problems. This has been for the last 10 days, or perhaps since R -World got paid???????????????????

Please share. IS reliance not letting us download wallpapers and tones via mms and is trying to force us to pay and download from itself and other content partner.

29723[/snapback]

i am too facing the same problem of not receiving mms on lg 6130 ??????????????????????????????????????????? can anyone pls help

If sending tones thru ur regular email clients or SMTP is not working then this RIM MMS Site is good enuf.

Dont ask me whether its getting charged. Am still awaiting my first R-World bill, its not even a month dudes!

Moreover 3 bucks for an MMS is much cheaper than those sick Indiatimes Ringtones which cost 10 bucks! So chill! :)

I have LG 6130, on which I am not able to receive MMS through EMail for last few days, do anybody know why the service not working, or its something wrong with my mbl only :) .

Amit B. Shah.

It seems u guys are able to receive mms on ur mobile when u send it through reliance web-mail. Sadly its not working for me..

when i try to send mms through that site it comes in my inbox itself as a new msg but it never comes in my mobile..

is there some kind of setting required or some preferences need to be changed?? reply asap

The CC person told me that you get the version 15 for the s/w  which I did but things are still the same. No incoming mms.

29723[/snapback]

i am too facing the same problem of not receiving mms on lg 6130 ??????????????????????????????????????????? can anyone pls help

29857[/snapback]

i have been facing the problem since april 7 th(bought the phone on 1st april and the mms facility worked for me for 2 days.)

i had posted in another thread but now it seems like everyone else too is facing the same problem. also the web based mms works but i'm sure it is charged and it s**ks!!.

any solutions plllllleeeeeeassee. :)

PS:I have a rd6000 so it is definetly not a problem with the handset

Edited by yamanjain

I am having RIM handset RD6130 of LG. Please refer to following link which states that a user can send multimedia messages not only phone to email but vice versa. http://rworld.relianceinfo.com/RWorld/html...saging_mms.html

However, while I can send multimedia messages to any email id from my phone, I am unable to receive multimedia messages from any email ID to my phone. What is the reason? On contacting Customer Care on Email, I received following reply:

With reference to your mail regarding inability to send Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) from e-mail to your Reliance IndiaMobile LG RD6130 handset, please find the procedure for the same below:

MMS is Multi media messaging where you can conveniently send a text, image and sound from one phone to another, provided the other phone is java enabled. You can send a MMS message to an e-mail address also and vice-versa. (Maximum size of MMS: 100KB)

E-mail address of Reliance MMS user: +91<MDN>@mms.ricmail.com

Sending MMS from handset to E-mail: Go to MMSSend greetings/PictureTop 10 PicSendE-mail ID<Type E-mail address>

Receiving MMS through E-mail: Sender should type the E-mail address of the Reliance MMS user (+91<MDN>@mms.ricmail.com)

We hope you find this information useful and we look forward to an opportunity to assist you again.

For further details, you can visit our web-site www.relianceinfo.com or write to us at customercare@relianceinfo.com or fax us at 3033 6565. You can also call Reliance Customer Care at 3033 6969 or by dialling *369 from your Reliance IndiaMobile.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Care

Reliance Infocomm

However, I am still not able to receive Emails as MMS on my phone.

Below is a copy of the paragraph which explains about multimedia messaging on Reliance website:

Phone to Phone & Phone to Email MMS technology offers more than just broadening of message content. With MMS it is not only possible to send your multimedia messages from one phone to another (RIM to RIM), but also from phone to email, and vice versa. This feature dramatically increases the possibilities of mobile communication both for private and commercial use. Please see FAQs and User Guide to know more about MMS service and how to use it.

Edited by Chirag

Before anything else, have u guys upgraded the phone software to Version 15?

Well I haven't updated my software version to 15 but the BIG QUESTION IS will that be of any use??

If it is working for u then pls post chirag, i mean if it is working from yahoo and not from the site where we might be getting charged. Moreover if reliance can promise something on their website how the hell can they simply discontinue it. Moreover it was working perfectly not too long back, in fact i had got it working till the 5th of april

Edited by yamanjain

It works for me atleast... Obv cant gurantee for some1 else. And rem, i have an upgraded s/w. So its upto u to decide what to go for!

SURPRISE Chirag , BY GOD's grace, is the free thing really working for you. I mean are u really able to receive mms from email addresses like yahoo, rediff now(please do check it right now cause it was of course working previously and is not working as of now). If yes please share, I'm sure all ppl in this thread would love to know how u are able to recieve mms. Is this simply because of the software upgrade or do we need to do something else. please elaborate. all will be thankful!!

Hello Every1,

Yes YEs Yes!!!!! this was the post i vuz searchin for!!! sam is PERFECTLY RIGHT. he found out the xact problem. 91xxxxxxxx@mms..... does not even reach the msg to handset. only MDN@mms...... sends the msg BUT THEN error is displayed, MSG NOT FOUND ON MMSC SERVER. i too faced the same thing. and the *******s on 333 give contradictin replies. 2day was just checkin the reliance mms composer and it worked fine for me. was able to send. BUT THE SITE IS ****IN SLOW YAAR!!!!! i have 6130 wid version 15. so version doesnt affect as even on my version 9, i cud send mms 40-45 days ago.

CONCLUSION: the reliance mms composer works well

lets wait 2 see any technical flaws r removed.

bieeeeeee.

I was talking abt the MMS Server developed by RIM. Yeh, it might be chargeable! Yahoo/Rediff is not working for me as well.

I was talking abt the MMS Server developed by RIM. Yeh, it might be chargeable! Yahoo/Rediff is not working for me as well.

30095[/snapback]

Well, after cursing Reliance and my timing of purchase(6th April) I was finally able to get thing going thru MMS server of Reliance. But, the whole thing s**ks. Except probably the guys who developed the server, nobody else knows about its existence in Reliance Customer Care. Further, I am pretty sure, even 100% sure, sending messages from the server will cost same as sending mms from phone, i.e., Rs.3 So, all you guys using the place for sending mms to urself( talk about JANUS!!!) be careful before ur mobile burns a big hole in ur pockets!!!(and I am not talking about radiation here:-) )

I would like to thank all u guys(are there some girls also???) here for posting ur helpful tips. Next , I am thinking of using the bitpim or some other software mentioned in technical section for uploading ringtones and wallpapers direct from my PC without using reliance site. Shall be thankful if some user of 6130 can confirm it can be done!!! Will help me proceed with a lot more confidence.

Two helpful tips to those not able to send mms to themselves:

1. Use format 91<MDNNo.>@mms.ricmail.com only. If u use MDNNo. only then u will get the error message while downloading.

2. Check settings on site for Secondary devices retrieval. Enable it if it is disabled.

Site address is http://bill.relianceinfo.com/webapp/portal/servlet/MMSLogin

ok friends...i tried this after manytimes it works for me...

go to this link

http://bill.relianceinfo.com/webapp/portal/servlet/MMSLogin

login with u r RIM no and password...

go to composer

Select an image, video or audio file, then enter a text message. Click Add Slide to add it to the timeline. Click Play to preview the sequence of slides in your MMS. Continue to add slides until you are finished, then click Address and Send.

in the "to" editbox enter u r mobile no...9193xxxxxxxx

and in priority select high

click send...

u will receive it...