Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sundar

Incoming MMS on LG 6130

also we can convert mmf files to wav files and send them to your phone....

Hey the MMS through internet is not working for me....

How come Neo is bale to do that? Hey Neo are you actually getting it or are you Pulling a Fast one on all of us.

If you can ...please give us all details as to what is to be done?

Though at times the mms is going but I am not able to retrieve it..

I have tried this mail address and it did go but i could not retrieve it

+91XXXXXXXXXX@mms.ricmail.com

I have tried other ids too

91XXXXXXXXXX@mms.ricmail.com

XXXXXXXXXX@mms.ricmail.com

91XXXXXXXXXX@rmms.ricmail.com

+91XXXXXXXXXX@rmms.ricmail.com

none worked through Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo, Rediff... Any help????

How do u send it through SMTP?

i followed code's method and have sent it with the following format...

9193********@rmms.ricmail.com

here is the link for code's method\

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2030

i am still able to send mms via the above method but its become a little slow now takes abt 5 mins to reach my cell otherwise it was instant earlier...

anyways i am not using rediff, hotmail or any other mail provider i am just doing wat code has mentioned in his post.

create new mail account in outlook using fake id and then use smtp server to send ur mms...

cheers

Edited by neo

Got his Returned Mail NEO:

Sent through mail: Pastmaster returned with following Error Message:

Unknown user: 91xxxxxxxxxx@rmms.ricmail.com

RCPT TO generated following response:

550 relaying mail to rmms.ricmail.com is not allowed

hmm...... still not working ??? u tried the code method too??? itz workin wid me....... jus try sending to 93xxxxxxxx@rmms.ricmail.com .... dont append ur number wid 91.... jus try......

well its working for me both ways with and without 91 i dunno why its not working for the others...

u can pm me ur cell no. and i will try to send u an mms from my end...

also i dunno if this makes a diff or not but i have not upgraded my software in the phone to the latest version 15.

also i hope i dont get charged for recieving mms...

cheers

Edited by neo

Hai Every Body....I am sorry.... how many people suffering with RIM MMS.... :D

I am one of them...I am very :( to join with U...any way....

I went for my first try at http://bill.relianceinfo.com/webapp/portal/servlet/MMSLogin

But i could not even login......What's my password....... :)

I asked *333, they don't know anything about this...customer care replied "YOUR NUMBER only your pasword"

I tried like this:

Reliance Phone no:09390XXXXXX

password:9390XXXXXX

It's not working and also not showing any message....What happens

What's my password...How to know my MMS Login password???.

Your bill password is the password. If you are having Post paid the password is the one you use to log in to the billing site. I am not very sure what the scene is with the prepaid

you can check if u are not registered get registered on the home page of RIM ie

http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Rim/rim_homepage.html

click new user under LOG IN to my rim

Could U please tell me What's the best way to send SMS successfully

By email or RIM MMS login?

Is it compulsary to use SMTP(outlook) ...to send mms through email... is it not possible directly from yahoo mail service or others....

If I want to send mms through email... to my mobile...in what format i have to compose the message... :grin:

Thanx in Advance...

It is working Chirag but I guess we shall be charged for it as we are using our RIM Account to log in and send the MMS. But better then receiving ringtones through Indiatimes.

But MMS is not going through email.. I have tried all permutaion and combination.... IN one it did go but the message could not be retrieved....

Also the MMS Tool is not working for me .... though the Reliance MMS portal shows message in my Inbox but I am not actually receiving the message(MMS) on my mobile... any Answers?

It is working Chirag but I guess we shall be charged for it as we are using our RIM Account to log in and send the MMS.

31314[/snapback]

As far as that Cust Care Exec has said that MMS sent to your own number shall currently not be charged. Now she said its an official answer and we can rely on that !! Now how much we can rely on Reliance is a big question!! :)

hi there ppl....

good news....... i got my bill for the month of april... and there is no sign of MMS charges on my bill... i had sent arnd 20-25 mms to my cell thru outlook express/smtp server........

byee

Hey Guys Just Joined the LG 6130 Club!!!

Cool Phone!!!!

Problem with MMS..... i sent a MMS to my phone...got it .... but when i say "connect" it tries to connect and says "message not found on MMSC"... some dude posted this on page 8 but no one replied to him....

Also afterwards i get a SMS saying "RELIANCE MMS URL : http://mms.relianceinfo.com/mms/do/legacy/ From :******@hotmail.com ( the email id from where i sent the midi file) Password : ********* ( not my password but i din feel like giving out the password ) sender 900000000000 (plenty of zeros din bother to count..... )

I dont care abt the sms as long as i can download the midi...but i cannot... due to the dumb "message not found on MMSC"

What Do i DO

I have posted the same msg at a diff place...i think this is the correct place to post this....

Neways just a thing i wudlike to mention isi am sending a midi file...which is of7 odd k...... so no problem with compatibility with cell

Vijay

Hey Vijay.... I got the same problem... anyone there to help..

I had sent message through Outlook Express to this Email id

91xxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com

I got the same error as Vijay and also a Text mesage from 9000000

any help?

Hi,

I am unable to download ringtones through emAil. I have downloaded some ringtones from RIMweb to my PC but everytime i attach and send the same to LG6130 via MMS I do not get any MMS.

Please help. :blink:

Also email me on vishal1412@rediffmail.com

Thanks.

Please read the MMS topic carefully and then try sending. If it still doesn't work, just try later.

Please read the MMS topic carefully and then try sending. If it still doesn't work, just try later.

31870[/snapback]

Two helpful tips to those not able to send mms to themselves:

1. Use format 91<MDN.No.>@mms.ricmail.com only. MDN No. is 93XXX XXXXX. If u use MDNNo. or 093XXX XXXXX, then u will get the error messages while downloading.

2. Very importantly Check settings on site under preferences for Secondary devices retrieval. Enable it if it is disabled.

One Good news: MMS portal was used by me also extensively last month i.e., in April 2005 and there are no charges in my Bill, received yesterday, for the same. So unlike R world where Reliance charges Rs. 3 for sending every MMS and that too limited pics and ringtones, here the choice is unlimited for FREE!! And unlike indiatimes u don't have to pay for every ringtone downloaded. So all you techies and lovers of MMS, go ahead and make hay while the sun shines.

CAUTION: Today it is free, tomorrow no one can predict!!!

Site address is

http://bill.relianceinfo.com/webapp/portal/servlet/MMSLogin

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Hi

Cud anyone help me clarify

Is it that LR RD6130 handset cud play Mid files only as ringtones or files in any other format. If yes then in what other formats.

Reg

S. Anand

Hi

Cud anyone help me clarify

Is it that LR RD6130 handset cud play Mid files only as ringtones or files in any other format. If yes then in what other formats.

Reg

S. Anand

33418[/snapback]

6130 plays .wav also...

so u can send a voice ringer also...

hey guys

this mms through the mms portal of reliance is again flop. when i sned a midi file it sait "An internal error has occurred. The operation could not be completed."

hell

can anyone throw some light?

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

hey guys

this mms through the mms portal of reliance is again flop. when i sned a midi file it sait "An internal error has occurred. The operation could not be completed."

hell

can anyone throw some light?

37010[/snapback]

From Yesterday, I am also getting the same error. I think could be bcos of heavy rain in Mumbai. It worked perfact on 29th July, and from 31st error message is coming. You may ask this, which I already mentioned in All about 6130 thread.