Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mukrpat

No incoming calls/SMS on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi.. I've just bought sprint galaxy s3 which is programmed for reliance. But from the first day I'm not getting incoming calls Or SMS. I can make the outgoing calls. when I make the call, the SMS which are pending start to receive. I don't understand the reason. it's definitely not the network problem because in the same house my sister uses evo lte for reliance and she doesn't have such problem. please help.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

sir, I found that the min no was incorrect.then I edited it in phone itself. it worked but data connection lost with error message: register failed, your data connection usernameand/or password may be incorrect. in data service username its not .......@hrpd.rcom.co.in writing the nv dump file with cdma workshop will work?

Write the dump file again. BTW, how the MIN got changed?

the incoming calls problem persists again..

Edited by mukrpat

the data works but no incoming calls. please its annoying somebody help me.

I have only one number and im losing so much stuff as the incoming calls are not working.

Why don't u contact ur seller to sort it out . It may be a programming issue. Did u by mistake activate ur handset because that will change ur min plus other parameters.

the seller is out of station that's why I'm posting the issue here. I think I have tried to activate the phone as you said sir. if that has changed the parameters what to do now? I have loaded the prl, nam and nv again.

sir, I found that the min no was incorrect.then I edited it in phone itself. it worked but data connection lost with error message: register failed, your data connection usernameand/or password may be incorrect. in data service username its not .......@hrpd.rcom.co.in writing the nv dump file with cdma workshop will work?

if MIN no is incorrect your phone will not work at all - not even sms

the min no is corrected sir. the problem is there after that too.

Problem resolved. The issue occured due pressing 'Activate this device' in settings by mistake. Additionally i was on custom rom. I flashed the stock ICS firmware (4.0). Then written prl, nam and nv dump again. And the phone is working fine with no issues.

What can be the possible reasons that a impoted cdma phone doesn't receive incoming calls?

Is it necessary that a phone must have its spc changed to 000000.

:previous:

SPC doesn't have anything to do with that. Isn't it working fine after you entered the parameters again as mentioned in your previous reply?

No calls and sms are being received only when I make a call.

It says the mobile is switched off.

Probably the MIN is still wrong. Re-write all parameters again; follow the steps in the flashing topic: http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/33225-tutorial-flashing-your-cdma-handset-after-meidesn-registration/

Now the problem of incoming calls on my S3 is completely solved. Courtesy of Mr.phonegeek. He helped me even during his hectic schedule. I was expecting delays in his responses but he was replying very soon. That was very kind of him. He first let me explain the complete problem and just a one reply from him as a final verdict!!

"1.Reset the phone by ##786#.

2. Then write prl, nv and nam."

That's it. And it worked like magic. Many many thanks to phonegeek(Saurabh Singhavi).

Thanks for your appreciation...

• Like 1