Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
tomemmanuel

Jtag - Bring Back Hard Bricked Boot Dead Phones

Hi,

Have anyone tried using JTAG devies for Android phones.I have one HD Nitro and Galaxy Nexus and HTC boot dead.I have read in some forums you can flash boot files using MEDUSA BOX and other JTAG Devices...

There are a whole bunch of people who provide JTAG service in Gaffar Market, Delhi. I don't know about other areas though.

They normally charge 1,500 for a phone and time taken varies from device to device.

Thank you for reply..As I am from a remote place that is not a choice.Do you have any idea about the success rate???

Hello all is there any jtag centre in Mumbai ?

sent from beast

Will try to search in Mumbai..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Think there are a few guys in Manish market first floor. I have seen when i went to buy accessories but never had any work done there so check first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the heads up.. My brother knows a guy who owns a shop in Manish Market.. Will ask him..

Actually I know about JTAG service availability in Manish Market even though I live in NCR. Couple of months ago I bricked my handset and was looking for a fix over the internet. At that time I found a person who got his bricked handset revived at Manish Market. They took Rs 800 for it and gave the handset back to him in one hour. Now this is an old news and I don't know if they do same thing now or not. Localites can try it out. Don't forget to post your experience here just for the sake of awareness.

@tomemmanuel : Success rate is 100% as far as I have heard.

Update: I would like to update my last post. The success rate isn't 100%. My friend recently bricked his handest and went to a local repair shop to get it fixed. But according to the local fellow JTAG failed on the device. Here is the ebay lisitng for the same : http://www.ebay.in/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Epic-4G-SPH-D710-16GB-Black-Smartphone-/190777464488?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item2c6b3916a8

Not trying to advertise, just updating my post so that no one suffer because of it. Better safe than sorry.

Hi guys.. Got the information about JTAG.. I asked the dealer and he said it could cost anything between 1500-2000 depending on your phone.. @tomemmanuel: I asked about Nexus and Nitro HD.. He said ki Nexus confirm thik ho jayega but LG Nitro HD ka puchna padega..

Price seem reasonable. Similar to Gaffar Maket people. I suggest the owner to watch the whole process if possible. Sometimes these people take out original parts and remove them with cheap chinese parts.

nobody, offering these kind of services, let you (customer) in to their shop/workbay to see..

Ya that is right.. Nobody will let you see what they do.. The guy told me that JTAG procedure supposedly uses a JTAG Box which he is planning to get but doesnt have as of now as it is costly and bricked phones seldom come for JTAG.. And the procedure is complex so there is also a chance that your device can get fried..

Hello Guys !!!

I stupidly hard bricked my One S by updating over OTA with Supercid applied few days back.

I searched and found that the only way to revive phone back to life is the Jtag unbrick service. I searched online and found that mobiletechvideos.com provide that service from US , but for that I'd have to ship my phone there.

Then I searched on local sites for someone offering this service here in India and found couple guys but all of them are in Delhi . I stay in Pune , so would really appreciate if those are nearby in Pune or Mumbai. I also found few guys on a forum mentioning shops at Manish Market,mumbai providing this service but there were no contact details.

Does someone here know any good/reliable person who can provide Jtag service preferably in Pune, but even Mumbai will do.If yes, what would be the service charges. Guys I talked in Delhi are asking for 1200-1500 bucks for this, but I saw that shops in Mumbai do this for 800 bucks.

Thanks... really appreciate any help !!!

For Nitro HD a local guy having medusa box is asking 3K+.But he is sure that it can be unbricked.He said the rate depends on how hard to connect the wires.He charges from 1.5 to 2 k to 8 k for a Galaxy note

^ it depends person to person and model to model.. there is no specific charges for these kind of services..

@dev Josh from mobile tech videos is a reliable person and he will unbrick the phone, before sending the phone contact him and he will guide you, you can give him my reference he unbricked my hero CDMA.

Sent while mobile.

@dev Josh from mobile tech videos is a reliable person and he will unbrick the phone, before sending the phone contact him and he will guide you, you can give him my reference he unbricked my hero CDMA. Sent while mobile.

Thanks for the suggestion mate !!

Yes I've seen reviews that Josh can do it , but I'm little apprehensive about sending the phone to US when I can get the same service in Delhi (confirmed and reliable) . I wanted to have this serviced in my presence so, only Mumbai and Pune can be possible. Also sending phone to US and back + service is gonna cost me atleast 70-80$ while can have it unbricked in Delhi for 1200-1500.

Any reliable Jtag unbrick provider in Mumbai ?

• Like 1

I offer jtag service including shipping back of the phone. LG nitro is unsupported and will take some time to resurrect. @funky_ace supposed to aware of me? Josh is a very talented person. He is in regular contact with riff team and many other and so do I. Unbricked an unsupported phone I.e. the EVO 4g LTE of a friend which was bricked due to Hboot downgrade. Took some time but in the end was happy and its now officially supported phone in Thr list. Time depends on the nature of work beind done on the phone including soldering/exploration of jtag etc. Also the gaffar guys doesn't bother about the physical condition of the phone while opening it :P

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Please check with this local pune person, He may do it or guide you where to do it.

his phone No. 9970040821

• Like 2

I offer jtag service including shipping back of the phone. LG nitro is unsupported and will take some time to resurrect. @funky_ace supposed to aware of me? Josh is a very talented person. He is in regular contact with riff team and many other and so do I. Unbricked an unsupported phone I.e. the EVO 4g LTE of a friend which was bricked due to Hboot downgrade. Took some time but in the end was happy and its now officially supported phone in Thr list. Time depends on the nature of work beind done on the phone including soldering/exploration of jtag etc. Also the gaffar guys doesn't bother about the physical condition of the phone while opening it :P Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Ofcourse I am aware of you. I am supposed to get my Charge unbricked from you as soon as I can get time.

@all: Kanishk is one the dependable people considering the JTAG services. He is much better than those Manish Market people who are known to rob the phone of their genuine parts. If you have a bricked phone then do try his service.

Even I know Kanishk from another forum.. Haven't had any dealings with him but he surely came off as a nice guy from all the helpful posts that he does.. You can get the phone unbricked by him.. I can get it done from Manish Market but I am dealer or anything and I'll just be the handler.. You will have to pay the shipping and repair charges.. But since Kanishk does it himself I think he will be the better option for unbricking your phones..

I offer jtag service including shipping back of the phone. LG nitro is unsupported and will take some time to resurrect. @funky_ace supposed to aware of me? Josh is a very talented person. He is in regular contact with riff team and many other and so do I. Unbricked an unsupported phone I.e. the EVO 4g LTE of a friend which was bricked due to Hboot downgrade. Took some time but in the end was happy and its now officially supported phone in Thr list. Time depends on the nature of work beind done on the phone including soldering/exploration of jtag etc. Also the gaffar guys doesn't bother about the physical condition of the phone while opening it :P Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I have a HTC evo 4G LTE which is dead because I connected a fused charger to it.

I showed it to local cell phone technicians, however w/o any success. Will you be able to bring it back to life? or any suggestions pls?

I have a HTC evo 4G LTE which is dead because I connected a fused charger to it.

I showed it to local cell phone technicians, however w/o any success. Will you be able to bring it back to life? or any suggestions pls?

I dont think the problem you are having here will be resolved bi jtag, it looks like a hardware fault instead.

1 more achievement here, finally repaired the latest LG Sprint Optimus G(Worlds First, isnt even supported by any JTAG group yet) after a week of work. But its working now :D, m posting this because the members can understand that it takes alot of time for messing around with unsupported phones.

• Like 2