Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Revised Buy-Sell Guideline Suggestions

Guideline values for the phones can be displayed under a topic separately - just like Land deals.

Whichever is the lowest price for a particular model can be highlighted so that buyers will clearly know whether it is a 'genuine sale' or 'Tempting' Sale.

What if we make seller category like this:-

Reputed Seller----> as it is

Genuine Seller

New Seller

• Like 1

I have been meaning to post this for a long time...

I recommend Rajan Mehta for immediate promotion to moderatorship. He is active on the forum, highly respected and trusted. Plus he has common sense which is must for a mod. :)

He is very right in saying there are only 2 maybe 3 active mods on the website and it is not possible for anyone to go through every post.

• Like 5

Excellent thread. Excellent suggestions.

I recommend Rajan Mehta for immediate promotion to moderatorship. He is active on the forum, highly respected and trusted. Plus he has common sense which is must for a mod. :)

+1. My vote too. :)

• Like 1

I have been meaning to post this for a long time...

He is very right in saying there are only 2 maybe 3 active mods on the website and it is not possible for anyone to go through every post.

Yes, it was in my mind for long time but I didn't post thinking that there may be some number of posts criteria and that is why he might not be eligible.

Didn't know if this kind of criteria is there or not.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The new / updated buy-sell guidelines have become necessary simply because of one incident which has revealed certain limitations which can be exploited as of now. In a way, we should all be glad it happened. Unfortunately, more and more people are joining this forum merely to sell handsets and sharing of knowledge has become a premium.

I have a suggestion which may or may not sound practical. Why not restrict the number of sellers at any point of time to a fixed number? It can be any number 10, 15, 20.... whatever as deemed fit. But no one else can be allowed to sell unless someone drops out of the seller list. This can ensure that people who join this forum do not do so merely to become a seller but rather to share/increase their knowledge. I happened to read the discussion in the previous post where someone had objected to the idea of stopping more members from being sellers since this might restrict the available options available to the valuable members from benefiting the option of better handsets at reasonable rates. IMHO, that is something which most members would be willing to give a miss if they are assured that handsets available here are genuine as are the sellers. There could be a waiting list available for others who want to start selling here which could be moderated so that as soon as one present seller drops out, the first person in the queue is permitted to join in and so on. Sounds quite complicated but then that would lead to better command and control. It would also ensure that people who are genuinely in love with technology remain and the remaining are filtered out.

Having said that, am surprised that Rajan Mehta is not a moderator in this forum. Considering the amount of help he has been providing to everyone out here (which is completely voluntary and unpaid), he certainly deserves to be upgraded (unless of course he personally is against the elevation).

These are merely my observations in response to the request by OP. More points as and when I am able to think up more :)

Regards

Rahul

I would also suggest DL, RM and aalok in moderator list

1. My vote for Rajan Ji & also Dr. Vinay for moderator. Both are well known, helping,highly trusted and most of the time active on forum.

2. I think criteria of number of post for selling should be divided in 2 group :

A. Bulk sellers:

AA. Minimum number of post 200 (Also Buy sell posts/queries should not be counted same as general chat)

AB. Minimum 6 months membership.

AC. Valid address proof and ID proof.

AD. First 10 selling post one by one only. Once a buyer gives feedback than only next selling post should be allowed.

Now days if we look many people are coming for selling only. I think members should refrain buying from such sellers by their own. Its like Chinese phones No investment in R&D only business. Technology is growing due to brands who are investing a large part of money in R&D. Same applies to Rimweb sellers vs new sellers also.

B. Regular Members selling one or two piece for upgrades or for community: For this category criteria should be decided by moderators. In my opinion current buy/sell guidelines are enough for this category.

A buyer guidelines also required now such as posting feedback within prescribed timing for each transaction should be mandatory.

Above all are my personal opinion and no intention to hurt anyone. Keep surfing Rimweb, where u will find such community/people in this world :smartass:

• Like 1

As usual Rajan's ideas are pretty sensible & sufficient for addressing this issue:-

a.) Increase minimum post requirement to 25 / 100 posts for single / multiple open sell threads (or maybe even higher; newbie sales isn't a priority here)
b.) Have 2 months / 12 months membership requirement for single / multiple open sell threads

c.) Have 1 additional category of sellers with more than 1-2 years membership - as suggested by Shreesh.

Additionally, we could have a big red disclaimer on sell posts of members less than 1-2 years that Rimweb recommends that "newbie buyers" should only buy from the other 2 categories OR they should ask seller to put item on ebay and buy through paisapay.

Since its only 1 incident I don't think we should do much beyond this. That post with so many phones was anyway not looking serious at all.

And Rajan should definitely be a moderator to help ease the load on others. (I always assumed he is - devotes an exceptionally large amount of time here helping everyone).

Edited by ami1
  • Like 1

Listing on ebay is a very good idea since ebay fees for CDMA phones is only 1% of final sale price. And it would also give the buyers a sense of security.

Listing on ebay is a very good idea since ebay fees for CDMA phones is only 1% of final sale price. And it would also give the buyers a sense of security.

is it correct? 1% ebay fee. Wow!!!

It is 12.5% not 1% .

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Limiting the number of sellers is not a good idea.If it is implemented buyers will miss many good options and genuine buyers.

For new sellers listing on ebay is one good option and can be made mandatory.Cost of listing is not deterrent as it is very low.Also buyers can use credit card and discount vouchers.

For reputed sellers ebay listing can be optional.

Edited by ramtech

I am extremely sorry.. I must have seen an old tariff card or something..

Limiting the number of sellers is not a good idea.It it is implemented buyers will miss many good options and genuine buyers.

For new sellers listing on ebay is one good option and can be made mandatory.Cost of listing is not deterrent as it is very low.Also buyers can use credit card and discount vouchers.

For reputed sellers ebay listing can be optional.

Yup there is always some or other coupon available from ebay.. That could be of good use to the buyers and the sellers..

i read some where -" A crisis always leads to a game changing revolution ! " im seeing it live ,+1 for rajan ji to be a mod,

i liked parin's way of taking courier fees via ebay. This is an added security since no one would want to be black listed at ebay/paypal and lose his potential earnings in the long run. new sellers could be made to follow this practice to cover a few % of their earnings.

• Like 4

Dear Friends

I believe Ebay Charges can be managed with Seller Margins at least for new Sellers. There is no control over newbies coming, writing comments on regular topics and reaching 10 post or 50 post mark. It will also help moderator to control unwanted traffic.

IMHO , A seller selling in Ebay has a larger audience and him being here will give us the option to buy Classy Phones vide credit cards and EMIs.. I understand this puts a burden on New "Entry-Pruners" (Pun intended) but it saves some of the new ones from getting duped. I began here with buying Phones from Sadikk and at one point he was the Best , but then he became commercial and less forum minded which thrives on trust and help. Now he is not selling here, Ditto for Hitesh......See these were great guys and they went away.

And of course : I too recommend Rajan Bhai and Aalok as Moderators.

Additionally Some of us can be active Volunteers as to notify any suspicious activity or out of the line content specifically for Market Like Kapil /Parin/

Even Myself I wouldnt Mind being a volunteer just for reporting any such thing to Mods. (I m not a seller per se and I have no commercial Interest)

It is a joint forum and a great one. We have relations being created here. Let us conserve our family and our group and control fly by night operators.

Cheers.......

• Like 3

discussion ho hi raha hai...

toh i was wondering if we can have discussion abt seller protection as well.......

At times, i felt need for that as well... :doh:

• Like 4

discussion ho hi raha hai...

toh i was wondering if we can have discussion abt seller protection as well.......

At times, i felt need for that as well... :doh:

Can you elaborate more on this please.

As this community is increasing day by day, so we do need more active Moderators for sure.....Long ago, I recommended Mr. Rajan Mehta's name as Moderator on the forum to the Admin Team.....I hope his name as Moderator is already under consideration. :)

Good in a way that Mr. Rajan Mehta as Mods is under Consideration - since all his sharable time is 100% required for searching best Discounts for us :)

Edited by admirer2000
  • Like 1

Kamal Bhai, please decide rules and re-open selling section quickly as I have to urgently sell one home theater BEFORE my wife comes back from Lucknow next week ! :)

Have ended up buying 3 different models for use in one single bedroom :( - since none of them were perfect in terms of some finicky requirements i had (must fit bedroom shelf, have at least 100 watt rms & browse USB folders without TV display, and wireless subwoofer so that wires can be minimized - for the all important cleaning rituals of wife)

Either re-open the thread before she's back OR i'll shift to your or Arun's house with the 3 music systems for a permanent party. ;)

And also have to sell Nexus 7 as daughter is reading ebooks 2-3 hours every day and it may affect her eyes etc. will replace with kindle/nook

Edited by ami1
  • Like 4

^^^

Haha.. Sell threads are open to be posted and you fulfill all the eligibility criteria!

But your post is meant more as a black humour!

Which was really enjoyable!! :Riendo:

mly0313l.jpg
  • Like 2

Sorry for input here as a Member title..

#May be helpful one suggestion to forum:

* Each post-end should be with last 5 digits of IMEI / MEID Number, with that buyers can identify the phone with said / mentioned points.

+1 for Rajanji. :)