Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Revised Buy-Sell Guideline Suggestions

^ Rajan, when i go to Sell Bazaar Forum it says "You cannot start a new topic".

Is that a problem only with me or am I correct in assuming posts are disabled there ?

My few cents

I had sold few, but with constructive inputs from senior members e.g. I first one I had posted without a picture having initial/date. In My personal experience is that every time I felt sell/buy was going on with lots of trust and encouragement... In fact had trouble in first shipment wherein no courier in Chennai accepted cell phone and I had openly posted in the forum (got few suggestions as well, and to which courier I should go for), never the less I couldn't sent it and burnt more than 1000Rs petrol on my car... And buyer was very patient and accepted full return.

After this I posted for local pick up or sending personally to city where I have some friend's movement. This worked and I delivered and then got paid.

May I suggest some relaxation for member who want to opt for local pickup or personal delivery option

Either way, I read thru the other post and felt really bad that people entering with ill intention to make quick money.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Lets Start

280912095477943037_fb8TmEF6_b.jpg

Firstly this is a Techno forum not a sales forum - so ANY one who Sells / Buys should consider a probability of risk, if there is a slightest doubt in any thing please don't buy / sell

Secondly there is a separate group of Trusted seller which can not more classified - in to somewhat trusted - more trusted and most trusted and so on - its this or nothing if some one who buys from other should deal with them at their risk.

Thirdly any seller should also move in caution and should not sell to any one (this if for point raised by parin)

draft_lens19784413module161822111photo_1

Fourthly I agree to increase the number of active mods and i vote for CID saheb (daddu ab nati pote wale ho gaye hai)

Fifth we already have good enough guidelines in the first place - those who have bought recently and made deal have done so in incomplete half done post and profile which was not made as per the guidelines

Sixth i dont know how but cant we have a bank account of our won to transfer funds - who pays to seller after complete deal and a nominal 200 - 500 is taken from them

draft_lens19784413module161822109photo_1

Seventh i liked the idea of getting a valid ID and other details of both buyer and seller exchanged before any deal is done, a reputed seller should deposit same with mods / admin

Bahut go gaya - friends i was busy as i am getting expansion done in my lab so couldn't reply faster

288d64340f5d4913a10a05ec9bf7809f.jpg

• Like 8

As always mindblowing presentation n also nice suggestions Vinayji... :rockon:

Listing on ebay is a very good idea since ebay fees for CDMA phones is only 1% of final sale price. And it would also give the buyers a sense of security.
It is 12.5% not 1% . Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

What you people are talking about is the listing fee, the fee to list the item. The charges are here http://pages.ebay.in/help/account/fees.html It will be 1%+15% on top of that which makes it 1.15%

Seller also pay a paisapay fee, the fee for the use of paisapay, an ebay.in service for buyer security which is roughly equal to 4.5% and 15% on top of that means 5.175%.

So for one CDMA phone(in this case sold) a seller pays 6.325% tax. I hope I was helpful.

25 posts and 2 months? Guess I will just have to wait.

• Like 1

Listing on ebay is a very good idea since ebay fees for CDMA phones is only 1% of final sale price. And it would also give the buyers a sense of security.

It is 12.5% not 1% . Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

What you people are talking about is the listing fee, the fee to list the item. The charges are here http://pages.ebay.in/help/account/fees.html It will be 1%+15% on top of that which makes it 1.15%

Seller also pay a paisapay fee, the fee for the use of paisapay, an ebay.in service for buyer security which is roughly equal to 4.5% and 15% on top of that means 5.175%.

So for one CDMA phone(in this case sold) a seller pays 6.325% tax. I hope I was helpful.

25 posts and 2 months? Guess I will just have to wait.

Thanks dude.. I didn't know even paisapay was charged.. That clears a lot of things..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I think, to avoid paisapay charges, one can list the product with cheque drop or DD option..

triggered from tappa-talk 2...

Is that a problem only with me or am I correct in assuming posts are disabled there ?

Looks like it is disabled for ALL.

Looks like it is disabled for ALL.

And I bought the 3 home theater models one by one telling myself that "I'll put the other ones on Rimweb - no problem they'll sell off in a few days and wife will never know"

Chalo, I'll start couriering the stuff to Arun/Kamalbhai from Monday. In fact, I've got a great idea - Maybe I should do it by VPP.

• Like 2

BTW, I must clarify that I am NOT afraid of wifey at all ! :hypocrite:

But, just to be safe I have taken 2 units to Office today - Don't want to take chances when she's coming back after almost two weeks - because she'll probably never get in the mood if she sees 3 music systems lying around the house. :cheer:

Anyway, I have just been joking - there's no hurry.

@ digitalnirvana / kalpeshaparmar : will PM you details. Though I feel bad making Rajan's serious buy-sell-guideline topic into my own sell topic. & cracking jokes in every other post.

Now, let me make up by a serious suggestion for buy-sell intermediary / escrow system for payments:

I volunteer for the following - (without any fees or charges, unlike PaisePay )

• All buyers should send their payments to me along with the NEFT/IFSC details of seller to whom payment has to be forwarded later.
  • Then, All sellers should send their Mobile Phones or other Stuff to me with address details of buyer to whom it has to be forwarded later.
  • I will thoroughly check the phones/items and verify the payment/count the cash - This can take up to a week as I am usually very busy
  • Once I find both parties have carried out their obligations, I will run away with all the mobiles & cash.
  • This should solve everyone's problems. Arun can sit back and relax no need for any more buy-sell guidelines again once this RimWeb PaisePhenk service is operational.
  • Like 6

Wow.. That was one hilarious post.. I like the imagination and the sense of humor.. And I appreciate the trouble that he went through to write such a long post..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

BTW, I must clarify that I am NOT afraid of wifey at all ! :hypocrite:

But, just to be safe I have taken 2 units to Office today - Don't want to take chances when she's coming back after almost two weeks - because she'll probably never get in the mood if she sees 3 music systems lying around the house. :cheer:

WOW Amitabh - thats brave enough hope you have taken permission before posting this

any way whats the music system like?

382002_136634233158112_1976205436_n.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, it would take time for the seller's topic to appear (as it need to be verified first) and more work for the moderator (hope the moderators & would-be moderators won't run away now :P), but I would prefer quality than quantity in the Sell topics.

That's some great suggestions dear Arun.

Making the selling system fool-proof will be the best we can do for the benefit of the community. And I will be more than happy to Moderate (more) buy / sell threads...as you know I already keep an eagle's eye on Buy / Sell topics. :)

• Like 2

My 2 bits,

New members selling should get vouched by at least 2 reputed members and they should stand guarantee in case something goes wrong.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

any way whats the music system like?

Nothing audiophile grade Doc, just bookshelf systems or micro hifi type of things for bedroom.

I have posted details here asking for advice , rather than hijack this thread again (yesterday was different as i had too many beers)

Good practical observations from Arun as always.

AP's case is indeed a "rarest of the rare" case, so the above changes will surely work for 99% of the transactions (and so it will be amended), but didn't we start the discussion about revising the guidelines to totally avoid a case like AP?

As you rightly said, it was a "rarest of the rare" case and i do feel that any/all of the proposed changes under consideration should surely work for 99% of the transactions. Even Ebay with all its systems/control in place and being a commercial organisation has certain number of fraud cases. We being a non commercial community can't ever have something which can totally avoid cases like AP. We started the discussion just to improve/modify things in light of past experience gained.

Our past experience suggests that even with the current guidelines, majority of the transactions have been trouble free. So the changes can make it only better.

I was looking to force at-least the new sellers to use eBay for the transactions. I thought it would cost the seller around 5% (i.e. 1% for CDMA phones listing + 4.5% for PaisaPay) only which can be recovered by the buyer using coupons. I see that someone has mentioned few posts above that is exactly 6.325% which I still think is not bad when you can get 5% or above coupons from various offers, right?

This can be done but i doubt whether it will work in practice. Majority of the people may finish the transaction through pm & such thing. As we had seen in AP's case, even some of the older members rushed & bought. The motivation was purely because the items looked cheaper, nobody considered the safety aspect. Human nature is like that, saving a few bucks. We may consider Ebay listing as optional upon the buyer's choice. Those who like the safety can request the item to be listed on Ebay. Those who are OK can go ahead with the transaction as it is. As we have observed, majority of the past transactions here have been trouble free.

Handling money between 2 parties is something that needs to be done professionally and an individual cannot ALWAYS be depended to do that; as an individual will have their own other priorities, family, work, etc. God forbid if something happens to the individual then I would end up getting the flak from the seller/buyer and I would have no options whatsoever to resolve the issue as it wasn't a professional agreement with a company. If there is a professional company that does a third party escrow service then it would be worth taking a look.

Completely agree. Escrow service is a non starter.

Asking for scan of ID card/address proof is a good idea, but I don't think one can ask and keep another person's ID proof without having permission to do that from the authorities?

Don't think there is any express legal provision OR privacy law in india which makes it illegal for us to demand ID/address proof. User's IP addresses are alreadymonitored/recorded to identify the persons for any troublesome posts OR for complying with any request/direction from the authorities. All Users consents to this when they agree to our "Terms of Service". The "Terms of Service" may be suitably modified to mention that the user consents to provide ID/address proof for availing additional member facilities like Buy-Sell.

Other than the eBay (or any other) escrow arrangement and the proposed changes mentioned by RM in the first post, I am also looking at implementing a form based submission system for the Sell forum (at-least for new members) so that the details mentioned in the Sell topics will have more clarity and proper information with pictures that shows fine details of the item. Some members continue to copy-paste the format from other's topic and wouldn't even care to make necessary changes in the item details. The form submission will be verified by a moderator and if the content submitted is acceptable (if not then the member would be informed to make changed or update) then the member can post the topic. Yes, it would take time for the seller's topic to appear (as it need to be verified first) and more work for the moderator (hope the moderators & would-be moderators won't run away now ), but I would prefer quality than quantity in the Sell topics.

Good idea worth trying.

• Like 2

Arun good post as always. Can I also suggest that members strictly use the feedback system? At the moment there are feedback threads agreed but I was suggesting feedback through the system with 1) telling whether individual is buyer or seller 2) link to the sale thread 3) feedback comments. This is what xda used to follow. The market place is an integral part of the forum and we don't want it to close like the xda mp did because of scams.

Sent while mobile.

• Like 3

A phone number verification can be added. And make owning a Reliance Postpaid number a requisite for all sellers.

• Like 1

Exciting changes coming up..

while AP episode should not have happened... glad we are ensuring such case surely be seen ever

Minimum posts, form based entries and sharing ID proofs (Pan Card - can be used to locate buyer) are great ideas

Look forward for changes being implemented soon and sell forum to open up soon

Would want to be the first to post with new guidelines..

• Like 1

Dear moderators/admin,

Why don't we add payment gateway to rimweb itself, hardly there will be 2% for online gateway charges.

Admin can link his/her bank account, upon confirmation from buyer, admin can transfer the amount to seller.

Admin also can charge 1 or 2 percentage as service charge...

2%? Which payment gateway offers that? A good payment gateway like CCavenue charges 7%+tax for Credit Cards and 4%+tax for Net Banking in addition to annual maintenance fee of Rs.1200. Even if the charges are fine, the payments would come to my bank account and then I have to transfer to the seller which means IT hassles for those transactions.

• Like 2

It's time we shud have our own version of PayPal. That will help all of us in cases like these.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2