Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Revised Buy-Sell Guideline Suggestions

^^^

Our forum is not a buy and sale forum. From buyer point of view check reputation of seller before purchasing.

i hv been follwing this post as a concerned rimwebian.

sellers are in two categories

one is amateur (amateur means who does ocassional transactions like selling his personal used/new items/phones).

another is professional (a professional is doing this as hobby / or otherwise)

we need to closely monitor professional sellers,

buy /sale guidelines are good enough in our forum. and also the ratings / feedback provision given to seller is very good.

however, i suggest 'a new professional seller' must be known to any of the mods personally, to avoid situations like this.

i must advice buyers to take caution in dealing with new sellers, and should only deal with sellers who have posted information according to buy/sale guidelines.

a buyer can also check the credentials of new seller from mods before taking his decision.

and we must trust our mods judgement (like reputed seller, rim addict, etc) in dealing with members.

regards

I liked the postpaid number idea.. This would help us to know the address in case of a situation.. But can't that be faked too? According to what I've heard..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by astrokidvaibhav

A phone number verification can be added. And make owning a Reliance Postpaid number a requisite for all sellers.

i dont think its a good idea, it may work for frequent sellers but what about the people who sell less often/or people who only do it to upgrade their devices ? i dont think they will be ready to take up a postpaid number just to sell one of their device ? it is not practically applicable

A phone number verification can be added. And make owning a Reliance Postpaid number a requisite for all sellers.

i dont think its a good idea, it may work for frequent sellers but what about the people who sell less often/or people who only do it to upgrade their devices ? i dont think they will be ready to take up a postpaid number just to sell one of their device ? it is not practically applicable

One off fly-by-night operators like AP are as it is NOT required on the forum. Only regulars should be allowed for sell transactions and this phone number verification, though not fool-proof, will be a step in the right direction.

Edited by dkaile

Isn't this getting TOO Complicated ?

Maybe we should just ask newbie sellers to transfer a deposit to a RIMWEB account which will be returned back once buyer feedback is OK.

There is no revenue or tax implication to the transaction for RIMWEB. Later if required some small fee could also be deducted.

The deposit condition could be waived once the seller has 2-3 good transactions or feedbacks or once he is few years old member on rimweb Or if any reputed/old member vouches/guarantees for him etc.

All the other things like ID etc will actually be of NO USE to us if the seller is fradulent (he will just photoshop any ID or change address etc). BUT it will keep adding to hassles for normal members - just like most govt regulations!

Just my 2 cents....

• Like 2

All the other things like ID etc will actually be of NO USE to us if the seller is fradulent (he will just photoshop any ID or change address etc). BUT it will keep adding to hassles for normal members - just like most govt regulations

A Reliance Postpaid number can be tracked and checked anywhere at any webworld/through any reputed seller on rimweb so as to authenticate the seller's name and address.

I really liked the idea of the seller depositing money with the mods..and getting it back only after the buyer confirms receipt and satisfaction..

The mods may charge some amount as service fee..

Coz every seller would not necessarily have a reliance postpaid connection and would not want to take it just for being able to sell once in a while.

Also, having the address of a fraudulent seller still serves only so much purpose practically - it will still take months of visits and threats to get him to cough up the amount.

On the other hand, genuine guys will anyway refund even if a few members put in their negative comments on the topic. So this may only increase the paperwork here and not really get any one's money back.

I can mention a few older cases where despite knowing the address of the seller, buyers had been running around for months.

Apart from keeping a deposit, I can only reiterate pushing new sellers/buyers both to the paisapay route for their first 2-3 transactions. Then they can sell here directly.

Otherwise, a lot of effort of moderators will go towards this system rather than in better activities in the forum and you will then have an implied responsibility & buyers will pester you for address proofs and to follow up etc.

• Like 1

One off fly-by-night operators like AP are as it is NOT required on the forum. Only regulars should be allowed for sell transactions and this phone number verification, though not fool-proof, will be a step in the right direction.

but i see all saying , this is not ebay or only "for sale" forum then why only regular sellers ? what if i want to sell my phone to upgrade , do u think its feasible for me to take a postpaid number for that ? wont i look stupid ? its better if we make all transactions either by hand if local or through ebay if non local ! by this burden will be removed from forum and mods !

one question , im pre-assuming that you own a postpaid reliance number, what if the rule is to have a compulsory airtel or vodafone number ? will you do so ?

Also, having the address of a fraudulent seller still serves only so much purpose practically - it will still take months of visits and threats to get him to cough up the amount.

On the other hand, genuine guys will anyway refund even if a few members put in their negative comments on the topic. So this may only increase the paperwork here and not really get any one's money back.

I can mention a few older cases where despite knowing the address of the seller, buyers had been running around for months.

Apart from keeping a deposit, I can only reiterate pushing new sellers/buyers both to the paisapay route for their first 2-3 transactions. Then they can sell here directly.

Otherwise, a lot of effort of moderators will go towards this system rather than in better activities in the forum and you will then have an implied responsibility & buyers will pester you for address proofs and to follow up etc.

I agree totally.

We are spending much time discussing and trying to work out just one of the many key activities of the forum.Adopting all the above discussed methods results in eating away of most of the valuable time of the moderators and key people on the forum.Their most of the time will be spent on just monitoring and processing just selling activity.Their focus will be shifted to solve the sellers and buyers issues.Because what ever precaution we take fraudster will find a new way to cheat( like politians use our laws to their advantage).It is very difficult to design a 100% foolproof system.And for the past few months If we observe that most of the threads visible on home page of rimweb are selling and buying unlike a year back where we used see threads of MNP, 3G , telecom developments,DTH and other technical threads.Forum is slowing shifting towards selling and buying based from technical side.

For the few days i have observed that there are some members joined just looking at attractive prices for handset and with intention of buying, I dont know whether they will continue to discuss technical issues or vanish after purcasing the desired handset or may involve in just selling and buying.

Some buyers are closing the deals through PM's only or outside the forum again which involves high risk.Infact buyers are in hurry to purchase the handset.There is nothing wrong in grabbing the great offers(If the offer is from reputed sellers there is very minimum risk)But buyers should check the credibility of sellers and should put their conversation in thread and let it visible to other members.

Let all the buyers be aware that Rimweb forum just provides support and guidance to buyers and nowhere involved commercially.All the buyers are buying the products on their own risk( I believe it can be any seller from reputed sellers or new sellers).

Rimweb forum will just try to help and provide the best possible support to the buyers in case any thing goes wrong. And that too is not guaranteed. I think the rimweb forum should be confined to the above.

As far as present problem is concerned or solution

1.Let the new seller post his product in the rimweb forum but it should be listed on ebay and should be sold through ebay only.

2.Once the transaction is completed he should ask the buyer(should be rimweb member) to give his feedback and reference

ebay transaction should be mentioned as a screenshot .

3.Once he completes certain number of transactions and acquires reputation of certain acceptable level he should be allowed to sell on the forum directly

I dont think it is reasonable to waste valuable time of moderators and other members to waste their time in unrelated services which can be completed otherwise

My one more observation in sellers posts.

Pics should be posted in the thread itself no reference links should be allowed, because after some time link may not work and we may miss evidence to prove and solve the issues.

Model numbers should be mentioned clearly avoid confusion to the normal people.

Technical specifiactions should be mentioned clearly or a link to GSM ARENA can be provided to exact model.If the version is different it should be mentioned clearly.

I request the mods and other experienced members to consider above before deciding further

one question , im pre-assuming that you own a postpaid reliance number, what if the rule is to have a compulsory airtel or vodafone number ? will you do so ?

The forum's name is RIMweb, it is primarily a Reliance Phone owners/CDMA owners forum. That is how it was started and has gradually matured over the years. I also sell my phone to upgrade, but then I have a reliable history of selling gradually made over the years. WE DO NOT REQUIRE FLY BY NIGHT operators, whether he's just here to sell 1 phone. If that hampers some very infrequent genuine sellers, then so be it. The name of the forum should not be dragged in even a single non-honest transaction and strict measures are needed for it. Either become a reputed seller with your deeds or just quit coming here.

• Like 2

Why not make it mandatory for everyone to do the transaction part through eBay PaisaPay system ?

That way we would not have to worry about setting up payment gateways and maintaining that.

Buyer will get paisapay and eBay guarantee as well.

Transactions will go fine as it will work as escrow system.

Win-Win situation for all.

Here everybody talking about Buyer protection. But what about Seller Problems. If Paisapay is opted it will cut the pocket of seller. Of course ultimately it will be burden to the buyer only. If opted 50% before and 50% after; there is no guarantee of going away after receipt of item, or some body may go back if there a fall in price. Any change in guide lines has to be looked from the seller angle also.

Can we try and keep specific amount as security deposit from a new seller before he starts selling on this forum(with mods, i guess thats the safest). The security can be refunded once the seller reaches to a point with enough reputation that he needs not be kept under monitoring. Also, the number of sales that can be done at a time can be restricted to may one or specific amount till that period. Once the feedback is received, the new seller can put another product for sale.

In this case specifically we saw the user kept on mounting posts untill he reached the level of posting a new topic and then...everyone knows the rest....

• Like 1

arent we making this topic too complex ? like safe deposits, compulsory postpaid, etc etc !

why not make simple amendments like inclusion of pan no/adhaar card no, which should be verified by moderators

hand-hand transaction if local /possible

or via ebay if non local and if the seller is new until he moves to reputed sellers group,

reputed sellers can enjoy direct deposits

Can we try and keep specific amount as security deposit from a new seller before he starts selling on this forum(with mods, i guess thats the safest).

God forbid, if something happens to that MOD. then who will be responsible ?

I think buyer should be careful while buying from such newbie with casual listings.

On the forum, Reputed Sellers too were Newbie at some time.

• Like 2

I agree with What dkaile has told. There are guys who just join only for trade. But for those guys there should be some moderation.

And the people who contributed to the forum they should not be affected badly.

I cant suggest any ideas newly, but just like all other forums, we have to be careful while trading.

Even in ebay, you can get cheated. I had lost 5000 rupees, just for trading with a guy who send me a dead mobile.

So it happens everywhere.

Friends, we are thankful to everyone who are suggesting for the new Buy / Sell Guidelines.

Please suggest what you think could be helpful for the forum and do not indulge in unnecessary arguments with each other.....As a member, senior or junior, everyone has the "right" to suggest....but please do not indulge in any arguments and leave it to the Rimweb Staff (Admin / Mods. / Super Mods.) on the final decision for the New Buy / Sell Guidelines.

In the meantime keep suggesting the best advice.....so that we can pick the most useful suggestions provided here by the members. :)

And please, no name calling etc....we all are like a family here....so treat this community as a FAMILY. :)

Chill !!!!

• Like 6

my suggestion :

new sellers who have not less than 100/200 posts(as general chat dont count, only real contributors will be able to sell)

and atleast 3-5 positive sales should be done through by hand-hand if local(if possible) or only through ebay

after which , they should be to moved " trusted sellers" group - allowed for direct bank deposits if he has a very high positive feedback or trust from mods and members

and from mods discretion reputed sellers group- who will allowed direct deposits like we have now,

inclusion of id like pan no or adhaar no should be included and are to verified by mods

No way any user can be shared their Pan No. or Adhar Details.

If they have any postpaid number, it will be useful since the most Veterans here can track the address of postpaid number. If postpaid number is not available, then Home LandLine is also ok.

Its not advised to share the personal details.

• Like 1

pan no , adhaar no etc are only given to super moderators and admin as they can be trusted , and they verify and are not to be made public

as another member pointed out that even postpaid numbers are also not fool proof, but can be used if the seller has a connection but should not be made a compulsory thing