Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Revised Buy-Sell Guideline Suggestions

Can we try and keep specific amount as security deposit from a new seller before he starts selling on this forum(with mods, i guess thats the safest).

God forbid, if something happens to that MOD. then who will be responsible ?

I think buyer should be careful while buying from such newbie with casual listings.

On the forum, Reputed Sellers too were Newbie at some time.

What I meant was new sellers with CASUAL listings..buyers need to be extra careful..e.g. personal pick up.

Friends, we are thankful to everyone who are suggesting for the new Buy / Sell Guidelines.

In the meantime keep suggesting the best advice.....so that we can pick the most useful suggestions provided here by the members. :)

!

For a moment I thought the final guidelines are ready.. and Honest would share the details..

alas not..

Is there a time frame that we set for all suggestions to come?

By when do we plan to consolidate and roll out new guidelines?

<< Unnecessary immature posts removed >>

What I expect in this topic are suggestions from members; and not childish personal fights which you can do elsewhere, not in the topic please.

Ok..What i feel is Sharing the Adhar or Pan details is not advisable.

And then only one solution coming to mind is Breaking the head of Moderators/ Admin / Super Mods.

1. Buyer transfer money to mod / admin / super mods. Once Buyer confirms shipping received transfer the money to seller.

2. For Trusted Sellers, direct transfer to bank account is possible.

3. There are people who are not in reputed seller list but got a good reputation in selling and sells sometimes ( updating handsets), For those guys moderator needs to decide if they falls in first category or second.

• Like 2

:previous:

Totally agreed

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

The Sell Bazaar forum in now re-opened while the revised guidelines are being formulated. As a first step, the minimum number of posts required to open a new Sell topic has been bumped to 25 posts in addition to a wait period of 1 month after registration for opening a new Sell topic. The guidelines page has been updated to reflect this updated guideline. The remaining guidelines will be added for the Sell Bazaar forum soon to increase buyer protection. eBay listing for new sellers is being implemented on a trial basis for now.

• Like 6

The change is most welcomed

Let the deals pour in...

I am confused :(

Whenever I am clicking on the revised sell topic format mentioned on this page is taking me to this page! but I am unable to find the latest format...

Help!

May I suggest a tad addition in statutory declaration in the sell posts?

Software is as important as the hardware. So, I opine there should be a point for OS description of the handsets (mostly mobile phones are offered for sale I presume). The seller must describe which OS the handset is currently in; whether in stock or any modifications have brought into it.

Whether any other software modifications have been carried out e.g. rooting and custom ROM in android.

And there may be a subsection which will cover software lacunae, if any.

• Like 3

May I suggest a tad addition in statutory declaration in the sell posts?

Software is as important as the hardware. So, I opine there should be a point for OS description of the handsets (mostly mobile phones are offered for sale I presume). The seller must describe which OS the handset is currently in; whether in stock or any modifications have brought into it.

Whether any other software modifications have been carried out e.g. rooting and custom ROM in android.

And there may be a subsection which will cover software lacunae, if any.

Idea to mention software version and modifications is excellent. Infact many of our sellers do mention this. So making it mandatory is a good step. But I am not so sure about having a software section. Xda forum is more than enough for software and rooting issues.

The Sell Bazaar forum in now re-opened while the revised guidelines are being formulated. As a first step, the minimum number of posts required to open a new Sell topic has been bumped to 25 posts in addition to a wait period of 1 month after registration for opening a new Sell topic. The guidelines page has been updated to reflect this updated guideline. The remaining guidelines will be added for the Sell Bazaar forum soon to increase buyer protection. eBay listing for new sellers is being implemented on a trial basis for now.

Just an suggestion to make Buy/Sell little harder

Seller should have started new topic in last 15 days, must be a use full topic not in buy sell.

also in same week, minimum 10 posts in other topics [not in buy sell]

Removing post count from buy sell just like chat forum.

I am thinking this as seeing only Selling topics in our forum.... its very sad to see a gr8 forum turning into selling forum.

• Like 3

:previous:

That is the reason why new sell topic restriction is enabled from time to time when there are more sell topics in a time frame.

• Like 2

^^^

+100

Ok, I always wanted to suggest or to have an escrow system for this forum(from my beginnings in this forum). Ebay idea is good as long as the buyers willing to pay the complete seller fee(I think it's about 10% if I'm not wrong, which may prove too much for buyer). But more than Ebay, I prefer an escrow service from the forum itself by some moderator or an Admin of the forum, which is simple(no charges or anything as all NEFT transactions are free) & hassle free as buyer deposits the money to the account of the escrow person, seller will be informed about the payment & provides the tracking number in case it is being delivered via courier, after receiving it the buyer confirms the receipt & his feedback, the money is released to the seller. Although I still think reputed sellers like Hetal & Parin my be exempted from this as they proved themselves time & again they are reliable.

But as Parin suggested in one of his post in this thread, the seller also has to be protected otherwise the buyer may take advantage of all these measures that will be put to safeguard him/her.

• Like 1