Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rahujas

Advice for buying LED / 3D / Smart TV

Hi guys,

I want to buy a new 46" LED . I want your suggestions and reviews whether to buy :

1. A 3D & Smart LED. (Which is better among Samsung & LG?)

or

2. A non 3D but Smart LED. (please give best price/offers for Samsung LED)

or

3. Should i go for non 3D and NON smart LED and should buy any android TV smart box.

Guys please help and tell me the best choice?

^^^

Deepak Bhai....our pricing and best deal expert Mr. Rajan will be the most helpful in this case....Rajan Bhai, kahan ho ??? :detective:

Buy from Gaffar; Satnam Electronics; 55" 3D LED Smart TV Samsung 1.05L and enjoy...

yes Gaffar is for best price. check there. mostly items tree are imported. check for the company, which gives worldwide globule warranty model

One of my relative is going to dubai.

Will it be best if i get it from there?

Please tell me the model to buy in 46 inch.

Also tell the place in dubai to buy it.

You can get it from Dubai also. the price difference is substantial.

It all depends on the budget , You have good LED +3D staring from 85K and above ...

Did you try the plasma's ?? They are value for money

Please tell me whether Samsung active 3d is better or LG polarized 3d is also good?

Also whether to buy a smart tv or to buy a normal led and buy a smart android box separately?

PASSIVE 3D AND ACTIVE 3D - WHAT ARE THEY? >> http://www.avforums.com/home/Passive-3D-and-Active-3D.html

First decide whether you need 3D itself or not. If 3D is not needed, buying a non smart LED Full HD + smart android box separately may turn out somewhat cheaper. Another possible advantage of having android smart box/stick separately is that you'll get the standard android experience+services instead of each manufacturer's proprietary interface. If 3D is needed & you have 1 Lac+ budget, 55" Samsung suggested by DK is very good. It's this model >> http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UA55ES6200RLXL

If you want no 3DTV, go for LG IPS LED TV. They are more saturated than normal LED TV.

If you are looking for 3D TV go for Active 3D from Samsung. Also samsung support all the movie codec like MKV, rest all brand just promote but their TV decline to play these formats.

Plasma TV's are power hungry so keep that in mind.

I have a 3D TV, but I view 3D very often. It's just HD movies and Tatasky HD which I viewed most on it.
I bought a 32inch Samsung LED 3D TV in November 2011 @ Rs 45,000. It was a replacement for our more than decade old 21" CRT TV. But it's display panel become faulty on the Day of Diwal in December 2012, just two week after warranty expire. The panel got changed @ Rs 10000 after a month long fight from Samsung.

IMO just buy non 3D big screen and save money. You save a lot of money if you buy from dubai. I guess there is no custom if your TV is under 25KG.

If you want no 3DTV, go for LG IPS LED TV. They are more saturated than normal LED TV.

If you are looking for 3D TV go for Active 3D from Samsung. Also samsung support all the movie codec like MKV, rest all brand just promote but their TV decline to play these formats.

Plasma TV's are power hungry so keep that in mind.

I have a 3D TV, but I view 3D very often. It's just HD movies and Tatasky HD which I viewed most on it.

I bought a 32inch Samsung LED 3D TV in November 2011 @ Rs 45,000. It was a replacement for our more than decade old 21" CRT TV. But it's display panel become faulty on the Day of Diwal in December 2012, just two week after warranty expire. The panel got changed @ Rs 10000 after a month long fight from Samsung.

IMO just buy non 3D big screen and save money. You save a lot of money if you buy from dubai. I guess there is no custom if your TV is under 25KG.

as far as custom in concerned i believe it is weight independent. The monetary limit though is 35000 per person on non sharable basis.

If you are preferring Samsung (Bright & Rich Color , Smooth)

-->go for a 3D Smart TV with Dual Core Processor 46ES6800 , 55ES6800

Now a days Samsung TV is coming with Future proof feature , whenever upgraded model comes, you no need to purchase the TV again. Samsung will sell upgrade kit from next year you can just plugin(it will have upgraded processor / RAM and Firmware).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are very much concern about 3D go for LG (good 3D , Average brightness , less refersh rate)

->3D Depth and emboss will be more

->No need of Battery for 3D-glasses

->Software not as much good as Samsung

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sony is always good in Displays (Bright and Colorful ,Good 3D, Cost)

-> 400 HZ refresh TV cost more than 1.5 lakh

-> Slow Software

->Applications are limited

I am planning to buy a TV. One of my friend will bring it from Dubai.

Currently I am confused between and Samsung UA40EH5330 and Sony KDL-40EX650

Sony is better in terms of picture quality. Basically white is almost near white in sony than any other TV. I compared these two models in Croma and Reliance Digital. My wife like sony more than samsung, just on picture picture quality.

Both of them are smart TV. But the difference between the two are :

Sony requires a wifi dongle and only Sony's UWA-BR100 can go with it. It is costing around Rs. 2700 on ebay. Keyboard and mouse also need to be sony's vaio. And they cost double than the other brands. The Apps are limited compared to Samsung and there is no developer community to develop the Apps.

Compare to this Samsung has built in wifi and can support any brand's keyboard mouse. It has large number of Apps. And few people are saying that samsung is future proof tv in terms of software.

Since we liked Sony more, I am contemplating the idea of buying sony and then not using its smart features (non-smart sony EX430 is available but it is inferior in the picture quality then EX630) and then buying a Android-Smart-Box.

Experts, is this advisable ? what do you suggest ?

Overall you will enjoy a Samsung much more than a Sony. Same like Android more than iOS. Sony is unable to play many mkv's through its USB port while a Samsung is all format ready and can play directly from a 2~3TB HDD. I can also contest the claim that Sony has better picture quality but eventually beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. I feel that Samsung is a better bet IMHO.

Edited by dkaile

Yes Dhiraj, I know that sony cant play all file formats. But if I go for smartbox, that problem is resolved.

You are also right on the picture quality. Last year when I compared the TVs to by for my parents at Ahmedabad, I liked Samsung more than Sony. But this time, my wife consistently liking sony at different stores. So yes, beauty lies in the eyes of beholder.

But I am still open for both the models. And that is why I am soliciting the ideas here.

yesterday I got a 40es5600 samsung from Malaysia. It costs me there 35K. No charges of shipping or any custom duty, as one of my client carried it along with him. It is very good, It is a smart tv comes with wifi. I compared the same existing sony and found that the smart tv functions are better in samsung. sprots and movie options, samsung has better visability. Lastly If you prefer to see mkv files also go for samsung only.

just add andriod stb / stick to your existing tv and you will have a smart tv for the majority of those who already have 'dumb' tvs!.

i connected a micromax smart stick for rs 4500,

added a mini male to female hdmi adaptor for rs 150,

connected the 3 to 1 usb multi plug provided with micromax,

the remote was really difficult to use unlike apple tv

[mainly due to a lack of using the arrow keys to navigate the onscreen keyboard -

you have to keep moving the micromax remote awkwardly and often over shoot the target key],

but this problem is easily fixed with a wireless mouse and keybard for under rs 950.

micromax should just sell a larger stb with regular hdmi plugs and built in sensors for their remote instead of blocking the only usb port on the stick.

also they should provide a regular power plug instead of USB only.

maybe like apple detachable adapters.

also it heats up a lot in 5-10 min of use and becomes difficult to hold

[not that you need to hold it but as a gauge of temp!]

^^^ Thats not very encouraging experience with smartbox. May be there are better smartbox in the market.

But your experience is also pointing me to Samsung and not to Sony. Because I was planning not to use Sony's smartness, and add a smartbox to Sony to overcome the proprietary issues of accessories and also the freedom of App.