Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
panku_etc

Samsung Epic 4G hangs when connected to PC

Hello

I have Samsung Galaxy Epic 4g.

My mobile hangs once I connected it to PC through USB cable. Screen stop to work and PC doesn't show mobile .

Kindly help me

Thank You

• Like 1

do u use any pc usb hub to connect your phone ? once try your back ports instead of front ones and let us know

Thank You

to consider my problem

I have laptop and not use USB hub. I use all usb port of my laptop one by one , reinstall USB driver for my phone also.

try a different usb cable, sometimes voltage differences make screen unsuable, check with different cable and revert back

Try with different USB cable and also see if PC is trying to install some drivers or not. Or try installing drivers first and then connect the phone.

Thank you Rim Guru

I used 2-3 usb cables, reinstall samsung usb drivers many times, but problem is same

if u have odin , see if your phone is being recognized or not , and when u are connecting is your lappy on battery or charge plug?

Did it suffer a fall or water damage.. Because such a thing is an indication of circuitry damage..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Vaibhav

No such thing happens.

Mobile working well and have no other problem.

even I used windows XP and Windows 7 also.

Was the phone working earlier with any of the 2-3 different USB cable you tried OR it never worked while connecting to PC?

is your lappy on battery or plugged when u are connecting our phone ?

Please try it with a friend's computer also.. Sometimes the motherboard sends a power surge through the usb ports which could be the reason.. Also check the earthing of your power source at home.. I had the same problem of erratic behaviour when the phone was charging and connected to a plug which didn't have proper earthing..

Please try it with a friend's computer also.. Sometimes the motherboard sends a power surge through the usb ports which could be the reason.. Also check the earthing of your power source at home.. I had the same problem of erratic behaviour when the phone was charging and connected to a plug which didn't have proper earthing..

thats the reason i asked him about his lappy , that may potentially damage the phone too !

Any updates buddy on whether the problem was solved or not??

Hi Friends

Problem not solved, but laptop detect mobile first time when USB driver installed freshly. If next time I tried to connect, mobile didn't detect. But USB driver uninstalled and re installed and then connect it works only one time. Means every time I have to uninstalled and re installed USB driver every time.

Thanking You

Such a thing happened with my brother's network card.. He had to uninstall an reinstall again and again the drivers for the same.. And the problem vanished completely when he formatted the entire pc.. Maybe you can try it too whenever you get the free time to do so..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

what about your screen ? can u use it while on connection(usb) ? if u cant use it, please dont charge through usb until u find the problem as i said you, it may potentially damage your phone !