Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SagarT

Pattern unlock on Android

Hi people,

I have posted the below question on xda developers, and surprisingly haven't got any replies. anybody here who can help me??

thanks in advance.

Hello people,

Sorry my first post being a question and also the fact that this particular issue I am about to address is previously being discussed in this forum., but I have tried my best to resolve the issue before posting it here. Its been a week now, my phone (samsung fascinate i500) is locked due to too many pattern attempts. It is registered to Reliance (carrier) now, originally it was verizon. data was still not enabled so google account was not set, so cannot login using that too. have been searching for solution since a week now but the issue is still not resolved.

Phone details: carrier - reliance, non rooted, android version - 2.1, update 1, USB debugging - off (cannot enable now as it is locked) so cannot perform ABD, tried updating OS but unable to as the phone is not rooted. Tried factory restore also (5 times), not working. Visited local samsung service center , but the guys said they cannot help as this is a foreign handset. tried one click unlocker also. Please help. Is is getting very frustrating now.

Just want to ensure you people that this not a stolen phone, I bought it through ebay and I have the receipts.

totally at the mercy of this forum now.

edit

on second thoughts

post your proof of purchase and ownership along with your reliance mobile number and pm me your address.

let me confirm and then i ll share the way to fix this.

Edited by joshm
  • Like 1

• Install Fascinate USB Drivers on PC. Install ODIN.
  • Power Off The Phone. Remove battery.
  • Keep the Volume Down pressed and connect USB Cable to PC. You should get into download mode.
Now flash any ROM for your phone through ODIN.

• Like 1

Rajan jee , lets confir his ownership first .

TBH he brought it up himself , otherwise we may never have asked.

lets get the info , then it ll be a calewalk for him.

@Joshm: What difference would proof of purchase really make? Its not like you do can anything except not helping him, which is not that big of a deal cause sooner or later he will find a way to fix it. Besides here is is always the chances of fake ids and all.

@OP: Do a factory reset. If you are not able to do it then you are doing something wrong. Is the phone letting you to boot into recovery?

Boss no need of all that stuff... I get minimum 4-5 cases a day at my store.. Just try to go to recovery with the 3 button method... Wipe of user data and you are done... Any android of locked in too many patterns will be solved this way..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Procedure:
Press Power button for 1 sec. While keeping it pressed, press "Volume Plus" button for 3 sec....then release power button and then release Volume Plus button after further 1 sec and VOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....tab is open with recovery mode. Just reset the tab.

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your replies. Sorry couldn't reply early, I was out of town n my cell phone doesn't have data running :(. BTW my problem is now resolved,.. at the cost of losing all messages,..

Thank you very much everyone again :)

--Sagar

:previous:

Since the Phone wasn't rooted and USB debugging was OFF and you didn't had A Backup that was expected! :(

yes, Indeed it was,.. nevertheless ,.. I learned a lesson :)

For future reference I am making a post to solve this issue without factory resetting the device.

You need to use this method if you are in following position(all of them):

1. Data is not enabled on you phone or it is turned off.

2. You have WiFi connection available and you have connected to it before but right now WiFi detection is turned off in your phone.

3. USB debugging* is on in your phone.

4. Have installed Android SDK** on your PC.

5. You have connected your device with your Gmail account.

Connect your phone to your PC. Start Command prompt and use the following command:

adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db update secure set value=1 where name='wifi_on';

Alternatively you can use following command:

adb -s $PHONESERIAL shell "svc wifi enable"

I would go with the first one anyday for the sake of easiness. Restart your phone after this and once you are back On, your WiFi would be enabled and you can log in to your gmail account to unlock your phone.

*USB debugging should always be on. As soon as you get your phone, turn on the USB debugging feature.

**You can get loads of video on youtube demonstrating how to download and install Android SDK on your PC.

Edited by funky_ace
  • Like 4

Hi guys

my brother having samsung s duos it got pattern lock.

it asking email id and password. i think he forgot id n password.

what can i do now?

help me guys n guruji's

Thank You

Boot in recovery and wipe.

• Like 1

i tried alot but i got failed every time.

phone is not going to recovery mode.

i tried all button combination.

:doh::support:

:wazzapp::support: :support:

Please Help me Guys

HI,

I wanted to reset Panasonic T21, thats an android phone, i am unable to get in to recovery, the phone is locked and my friend's son(7years OLD :P) dont remember the password, neither the gmail id.

I googled but got following results which are not working or i m trying them wrong.

1.Volume down + power

2.Volume Up + Camera +Power

^^^

Those key combo should work, try pulling battery and doing this (if its removable battery )

Sent from my Falcon_CDMA (Moto G)

Hitesh ji many thanks.. But when i try both the combo.. the phone hangs up on the boot screen written "Panasonic"

Sent from Tapatalk Pro!