Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
enjoylifewithsms

WIFI ADSL2+Router Beetel 450TC-1 Speed Reduced

Hi

I am using WIFI ADSL2+Router Beetel 450TC-1 Speed Reduced from last 3 years.

It was working problem free and range was also good.

But from last few days range has drastically dropped and now even inside the room where it is placed the signal level are reduced to 1 or 2 bars.

It is not working in other rooms also where it was working fine.

Physical damage is not at all possible as it is placed in stable place in good condition

I tried the hard reset of the modem but it was no use.

Can anyone suggest what could be the reason and any solution if possible

This may happen due to the Frequency Band. Try changing the Channel to 5 or something...If you observe no change then try using the router to some other place. POST your observations for further assistance.

• Like 1

Hi aliwant thanks for your help!!

but i tried many band it dint effect

also tried changing the location no use.

The strangest part is the range in the room where it is placed has also reduced.

inside room also get 2-3 bars whereas it used to be full within room

Dear Kanishk, normally a router should be placed in a well ventilated place so that the signal can reach each of the rooms with least number of walls as obstruction. But as you have mentioned that you used to get good signal before and the signal strength got reduced from past few days I thought if it was due to the Frequency Band. Most of our equipment like Microwave Ovens, Wireless Phones etc. work on 2.4 GHz Band. And most of the routers use 5-6 as there default channel. This produce superposition and thus results in reduced signal strength!

That's why I told you to cross-check it on some other location like your friend's location or neighborhood. But if you are facing the same problems after changing the channel and location then I will advice you to test some other router on your place. It's just that your router is old and 'Beetel' is among the Brands which are not expected to work more than an year or so. If you are searching for a cheap and good reliable router than try EDUP (ADSL2+) which works perfectly with BSNL and comes with modern features and warranty. I bought it for some 1.5k and it's working perfect for me.

Is there any change in furniture? If you have put some metal article nearby may also cause the problem.

Dear Kanishk, normally a router should be placed in a well ventilated place so that the signal can reach each of the rooms with least number of walls as obstruction. But as you have mentioned that you used to get good signal before and the signal strength got reduced from past few days I thought if it was due to the Frequency Band. Most of our equipment like Microwave Ovens, Wireless Phones etc. work on 2.4 GHz Band. And most of the routers use 5-6 as there default channel. This produce superposition and thus results in reduced signal strength!

That's why I told you to cross-check it on some other location like your friend's location or neighborhood. But if you are facing the same problems after changing the channel and location then I will advice you to test some other router on your place. It's just that your router is old and 'Beetel' is among the Brands which are not expected to work more than an year or so. If you are searching for a cheap and good reliable router than try EDUP (ADSL2+) which works perfectly with BSNL and comes with modern features and warranty. I bought it for some 1.5k and it's working perfect for me.

I think changing the router may be the only solution.

Is there any change in furniture? If you have put some metal article nearby may also cause the problem.

No their has not been any change in the furniture in the room