Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII i535: RUIM Based EVDO

Hi Friends

I am using a S3 Verizon, for GSM/CDMA bought from a Friend in Delhi

I have been asking around, even posting PMs to some Gurus for the details of tweak required to run EVDO off the Reliance RUIM in the VERIZON S3

I have tried many options posted by Dr Farmaroze for getting Data on RUIM but in the S3 , The apn-Conf.xml is locked.

Neither can we set APNs Manually vide HiAPN < This is due to some stupid Verizon Policy>

It is possible as we can see from some posts and It is a request from Many S3 owners that someone please share the Knowledge for the same.

No offense intended, even If some commercial interest for the Helping person is there , at least I would happily be ready to agree. But I need to get the data through RUIM only

Cheers .....

Edited by rohitgaur

I tried with LK1 release of JB in VZ S3 - it worked with 1x direct from Ruim - i dont have Evdo so cant tell that

http://www.myandroidfiles.com/open1your1eyes0/COMBINATION_I535VRBLK1_I535VZWBLK1_381038_REV09_user_low_ship_NOWIPE.tar.md5

• Like 1

Thanks Vinay Sir, But will the settings for the phone change for GSM as well. and will I have to reprogram the phone?

As far as I know the settings for gsm and cdma won't change it will remain the same.

But there is always a risk in flashing the phone so be careful and take all the necessary backups.

In the phone I flashed data was not working and it started to work in cdma although it was 1 x only as there is no evdo in my place

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Vinay Sir, are you still using the same on your S3

apns-conf.xml is locked means your handset is not rooted. If by any chance you intend rooting it apns-conf.xml will be editable.

No Sir

The phone is rooted, I have locked Verizon Apk files using My Backup Pro.Is there anyway I can check the same.

You locked the files? Can you explain a bit about it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^

Hi Saurabh

By locked files I mean I have frozen Verizon bloatware after rooting and using mybackup pro. People use titanium usually for this

When I Open the apns-conf fles in text mode, I get a blank White Screen, and when I try to paste a modded file from sd card to Etc folder, the folder does not go to RW mode

maybe I guess I am partially rooted. How to check that?

Edited by rohitgaur

Unfreeze all bloatware, reboot and open apns-conf.xml using root explorer. Tell me the result.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk HD

Sir i ve used genius sir link above for vrzblk1 and now root is gone. Will root in the morning and revert to you.

However in the root explorer the apns conf file shows rw-r-r-- is it significant?

Thanks

Edited by rohitgaur

Vinay Sir, are you still using the same on your S3

I am not using it in my phone but 2 of my friends are using the same and till date they are not having any regrets.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sir log, after flashing 4.1.1, root is not happening tried both recovery and rootdebugfs method.....

I used the following.... How To Root Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4.1.1 & Install CWM Recovery! SCH-I535

link below.....

Hi Friends

I am using a S3 Verizon, for GSM/CDMA bought from a Friend in Delhi

I have been asking around, even posting PMs to some Gurus for the details of tweak required to run EVDO off the Reliance RUIM in the VERIZON S3

I have tried many options posted by Dr Farmaroze for getting Data on RUIM but in the S3 , The apn-Conf.xml is locked.

Neither can we set APNs Manually vide HiAPN < This is due to some stupid Verizon Policy>

It is possible as we can see from some posts and It is a request from Many S3 owners that someone please share the Knowledge for the same.

No offense intended, even If some commercial interest for the Helping person is there , at least I would happily be ready to agree. But I need to get the data through RUIM only

Cheers .....

Hello

If found any solution to get data on RUIM?

I have an SCh I535 (GALAXY S3 VZW) it works both text & call, but DATA is not working both 1x & EVDO.