Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pasumark

Imported Handset - Steps to take while moving out of Reliance CDMA

I am using an imported handset Galaxy nexus, brought from one of the reputed sellers here. Now I am planning to port out of RCDMA pre-paid to Airtel post paid.

Currently call, SMS and EVDO data is working perfectly in my handset. After porting out, I want to sell the handset and the buyer should be able to use all these.

While porting out,

1. Can I directly port out to Aitel GSM? Or

2. Should I transfer my number to RUIM and then port out? If the number needs to be transferred to RUIM, what kind of request should I give to web world?

If the above is done, will the buyer of my handset be able to use all services - call, SMS and EVDO IN RCDMA ?

1. porting out should not be a problem directly

2. not necessarily, if required you can use handset lost option to retain in ruim

3. i think it requires re configuring to new number, better contact the seller

Thanks a lot.

When I finalise my plan to move to gsm, I will port out directly and sell my handset.

Dont port out directly...Refer to this post for your information...

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/35142-rsn-release-for-reliance-handset/?p=281047

Its better you first transfer your number to RUIM and then port. Transferring number to RUIM is very easy.

Go to webworld and ask cc to transfer your number to RUIM.You have to fill up MDN retain form. After transferring the number you can put request for RSN release.

• Like 2

Well for the clarification.

In my experience IT IS COMPLETELY SAFE to port out directly to GSM. Post that your RSN will be free and not locked and the buyer can get his MDN transferred easily via webworld.

I was under the confusion in the case quoted by Amit Ji because the buyer had already transferred his postpaid MDN to the mobile without informing me and that is why whenever i checked RSN status it always showed as blocked for prepaid.

Hope it helps

Regards

Thanks for your care Amit and thanks for your clarification Ankit

• Like 1

My fear is for deactivation period during MNP process... I cant find the thread or may be I had read somewhere else but think about the scenario if your old operator suspends the service as per process and new operator did not start the service...It happened in some cases...In this case Your number will not be reflecting in Reliance database so you will not be able to release your RSN....I may be wrong...Gurus can clarify...

But why to take risk...transferring your number to RUIM will take few minutes...

:previous:

I ported out all my 4 nos. from RCDMA to MTS in Apr 2011 . Some numbers were in RUIM and some were not. All the numbers ported out directly and smoothly. I used MTS sims after transferring the numbers.(of course in OMH sets.)

when u transfer ur no from ruim handset to other handset or sim reliance will make the lost or stolen case

^ No, when the no. being transferred from RUIM, reliance guys makes case as "DOA" so the old RUIM cannot be used again..

Ya actually u can ask reliance guys to release the RSN and not lock it...

I have ported out my number from RCDMA to Airtel. Now I want to transfer my son's number to the imported Galaxy Nexus I was using. His number is in a RUIM card in Nokia 6265.

1. While giving request to webworld to transfer the number, should I give the same MEID no. which I had given when transferring my number to Galaxy Nexus as RSN?

2. Right now EVDO is not active in my son's number. Can I give request to activate EVDO after the number gets transferred to Galaxy Nexus or should I do it prior to transferring?

Please guide me.

1. Yes

2. After the number gets transferred.

1. Yes

2. After the number gets transferred.

Thank you

I have transferred my son's number to Galaxy Nexus. The call and SMS are working perfectly. But data is not working (even 1x). When I called CC they said data is active in my mobile.

1. What should I do to activate data and then EVDO in this mobile?

2. I want remove my Gmail account from the phone and replace it with his. What is procedure to do it?

Please help guys

2. I want remove my Gmail account from the phone and replace it with his. What is procedure to do it?

Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Go to your gmail account -> Menu -> Remove account. (You can add another gmail account from the same menu)

Factory reset will also remove the existing gmail account from the phone, but that's the last resort :)

you cannot remove primary gmail account without resetting..

tappa-talking from droid razr..

Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Go to your gmail account -> Menu -> Remove account. (You can add another gmail account from the same menu)

Factory reset will also remove the existing gmail account from the phone, but that's the last resort :)

I have added my son's gmail id and removed mine. Thanks

Ganesan sir... Its better to do factory reset when changing number/account, imho...

Ganesan sir... Its better to do factory reset when changing number/account, imho...

Since the handset is just going to be used my son, I have just changed the gmail id and not done factory reset. If I am selling outside I would have surely done a factory reset

No sir, I am NOT talking about the privacy issues. A factory reset (especially from recovery) will help you to avoid any remotely/least possible headaches too, imho...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

No sir, I am NOT talking about the privacy issues. A factory reset (especially from recovery) will help you to avoid any remotely/least possible headaches too, imho...

Thanks for your care.

Just for double sure - Will factory reset in Galaxy Nexus not affect the Reliance registration or internet EVDO and can the handset be used as such with the same number in Reliance

Thanks for your care.

Just for double sure - Will factory reset in Galaxy Nexus not affect the Reliance registration or internet EVDO and can the handset be used as such with the same number in Reliance

Factory reset won't effect the number or EVDO settings it will just wipe user data and user settings like ringtone etc...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

^^^ Ok Thanks

Just yesterday I got time to check this Galaxy Nexus handset thoroughly, in which I have transferred my son's number. Call and SMS are working perfectly. But data is not working. I was in various locations in Chennai and not even 1x is working. There is no Internet sign 1x or 3G displayed in the notification area.

Last week actually after the number got transferred the data worked. There was 3G sign displayed and within 30 minutes Rs.50 was deducted for data when I was driving car from one place to another. After that I activated the Rs.94 pack and I tried yesterday. No Internet connection and when I called customer care, they said Internet is active in all CDMA.

What should be done to activate Internet in this handset Galaxy Nexus? Please help