Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gyanesh

Is Reliance GSM network shutting down its operation in UP?

Dear Friends,

I was at my home town at Bareilly for last 8 days. There I decided to get a local R-GSM connection. For it I visited Reliance store, but was surprised to see that they guys were discouraging post pay connection. One executive was telling " sir, we advise you don't go for post-pay connection as Reliance is going to shut down its operation from 31st March,2013. It will be better you chose a prepaid connection". I could not believe this b'cos AFAIK, there is no problem with Reliance related to licence, but since it was from a Reliance store employee, and 2 nos. of Reliance Store have been already shut down in the town, I could not discard it fully. Do any body have more details about it ?

One more thing, I tried to get pre-paid connection from 3 retailers too, but got 3 different plan which are as follows-

Retailer 1> SIM cost Rs 100 in which Rs 96 was as core talk time with /second pulse.

Retailer 2> SIM cost Rs 100 and Rs 45 to be credited into account for next 3 consecutive month with /second pulse.

Retailer 3> SIM cost Rs 70 with a core talk time of Rs 70 with /second pulse.

Lastly, I got it from Reliance Store in Rs 100 with 18000 seconds.

Now I have one question in my mind, how can each individual Retailer has an unique plan with it ?

well as far i can guess , all these are FRCs of different value and advantage, though some retailers use new frc , some FRCs we dont know about and that's all .

What is Rcom going to do after shutting its GSM service also? Already CDMA customers are dwindling.

Is it company owned store (Reliance Web Store) or franchise(Reliance Express)? If its later then I am not surprised as it may not able to renew its franchisee. With regards ot other store, it may be the same situation. It is hard to believe that they will closed down in UP.

^ Chirag Bhai, Reliance Web Stores were operated on both the models (COCO as well as COFO). There was only one RW (COFO) in Bareilly (Civil Lines) and that was closed few months back... maybe OP got wrong info from RMS (Reliance Mobile Stores)..

In fact, RWSL (Reliance WebStores Ltd. - a sister concern of RCom looking after RW business was closed a way back in March 2011 and the operations were merged with RCom Retail team).

^

Reliance World is always COCO (company owned and operated) and RMS formerly known as Web Express are COFO (franchisee operated). In fact many RMS across the country have put their shutters down due to their decreasing profit. But it doesn't mean that Reliance is going to shut down any of their business (cdma or gsm) in any circle. The RMS who are determined to shut their stores always misguide customers intentionally due to their personal obligations. Any of Reliance Worlds can't shut down as the store as well as their employees belong straight to the company not any franchisee.

Sent from LG Optimus G

^ sorry to differ praveenji.. couple of franchisees of Reliance Worlds are known to me.. maybe nowadays all the operational RWs are COCO but till couple of years back, RWs were COFO as well as COCO..