Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

1X Data Not Keeping The Phone Engaged!

1X Data Not Keeping The Phone Engaged! :Sorprendido: :drool::cheer:

I have noticed a strange (But happy) phenomenon occuring since the last few days on Reliance CDMA Network.

Conventional wisdom says that your phone will always come engaged on CDMA network when 1X Data is On.

However in the last 20 days or so, while i was travelling and 1X Data was on, i received calls without the calling person getting engaged tone. The calls were completed and upon finishing 1X Data resumed!

Thought it to be a one off event but again it happenned today!

What's going on?

Has Reliance invented/implemented something which was thought to be technologically impossible in CDMA?

Waiting for others to cmfirm and gurus to explain<br />

Edited by commonman

Calls are still busy here in jalgaon during 1x

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thats true RajanJi. I am also getting the calls when my 1X data is on. I am in Bhubaneswar and here there is no EVDO started yet. Don't know but From 3 - 4 months it is happening like that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I have never faced a problem of receiving calls when the data is on. Both in Karnataka and Maharashtra.

When data transfer is not happening even though mobile data is connected on 1X.Data connection goes to dormant state and it can receive calls.

• Like 2

Will there be a significant reduction in battery consumption if one is to access internet only through 1X.

Also I wanted to know, on phones activated with EVDO, is it possible to change the settings such that we connect only through 1X.

When data transfer is not happening even though mobile data is connected on 1X.Data connection goes to dormant state and it can receive calls.

I was talking about a scenario when my 1X Data Connection was Active.

Strange but a happy news.

In my Samsung Guru W139, when ever im using Twitter app, im receiving calls and continue the app without discennetion after end of calls.

Agree Rajanji, always have received calls during the 1x data on for quite some time now be it 1x or 3G but have received calls during the data on time and havent seen it getting engage tone.

@Rajanbhai,

I have never had this issue in Mumbai. Whenever my 1x connection was active I could still receive calls.

So I guess nothing new in that

When you are on 1x data transmission stops while receiving call. So what you are saying is true. You will be able to receive calls.

Has Reliance invented/implemented something which was thought to be technologically impossible in CDMA?

Where on earth it was impossible? I use Tata since its inception and I never had a chance to use its EVDO data. Tata's network treats voice with more priority over data (whether active or dormant in live condition), this is a default characteristic.

MTS's voice also overrides data. I keep my data always on. In 1X places also it is never a problem.

When you are on 1x data transmission stops while receiving call. So what you are saying is true. You will be able to receive calls.

If your 1x data is active, then the caller gets busy tone. ONLY in case of idle 1x connection, one can receive a call. what Rajan says is that even in active connection, he is able to receive the calls.

If your 1x data is active, then the caller gets busy tone. ONLY in case of idle 1x connection, one can receive a call. what Rajan says is that even in active connection, he is able to receive the calls.

Yes same happened with me on my Epic 4G. While 1x was active I could receive calls. The 1x transmission would stop when a call came. Even I am from Mumbai.

Hi

My epic 4g tuch showin 3g signal reception does it mean tht EVDO is active?

I am using rs 94 1gb/mnth wala plan

But the problem i m facing is tht whenever i use data on my fone is engage to the caller so diea tht mean tht my evdo isnt active

Heard evdo and voice works on different channels

Guide me through this please

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

If phone remains engaged, means it is on 1X.

Hi

My epic 4g tuch showin 3g signal reception does it mean tht EVDO is active?

I am using rs 94 1gb/mnth wala plan

But the problem i m facing is tht whenever i use data on my fone is engage to the caller so diea tht mean tht my evdo isnt active

Heard evdo and voice works on different channels

Guide me through this please

You need to get evdo configured from your seller or a rim guru here.. Your phone will show 3g icon irrespective of whether it is 1x or evdo.. That is just the icon to show that mobile data is currently on..

• Like 1

Thank you viabhav sir......

I have Just Done Practical.... Using Note 2 CDMA with LTE Sim Inside and On 1x No EVDO...

I started using internet on mobile and ask my brother to call... As soon as he called me up... My Network sending/receiving stopped and I got Call , So This Means as soon as someone calls up , system from backend stops 1x data for a while and connects the call...

I think I Have LTE sim installed thats why Its like that... becoz My brother is using LG Viper which has no LTE sim / no sim slot when I tried it vice vera His Number was engaged at that moment while he was on 1x..

Thats Good :)

I have been a long time TI user. Recently shifted within the city to a place where EvDO on Tata isn't present, only 1X. A large part of the neighbourhood is 1X only and thus the need to switch. Bought a new rcom cdma ruim. Network is good around my location (both EV and 1X). However, from what I've seen, and read on this forum, I can't receive calls when 1X data is on, on reliance. The calling party just gets an engaged tone. Incoming calls work fine, when EVDO is present. On Tata, 1X data used to disconnect, and the call used to come through. Is it possible to achieve the same on RCDMA?

Now luckily, I am yet to come across a place where evdo isn't present in Mumbai, but still it would be nice to know of a solution.

Handset is Droid Razr M, if of any use.

I have been a long time TI user. Recently shifted within the city to a place where EvDO on Tata isn't present, only 1X. A large part of the neighbourhood is 1X only and thus the need to switch. Bought a new rcom cdma ruim. Network is good around my location (both EV and 1X). However, from what I've seen, and read on this forum, I can't receive calls when 1X data is on, on reliance. The calling party just gets an engaged tone. Incoming calls work fine, when EVDO is present. On Tata, 1X data used to disconnect, and the call used to come through. Is it possible to achieve the same on RCDMA?

Now luckily, I am yet to come across a place where evdo isn't present in Mumbai, but still it would be nice to know of a solution.

Handset is Droid Razr M, if of any use.

Not possible on rcom... Phone will be busy only in 1x

Alright. And how is the rural/highway CDMA coverage on rcom in general?