Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

HTC One - The New Android Flagship

wow rajan, that really looks edible !

I guess HTC is back with this one - after a long run by apple & samsung.

just when i had made up my mind to buy BB Z10.

It really seems to have winning features. An attractive pricing will make it a super doper hit. But I do not expect that.

The expected price is 500-550 British pounds, so Rs.42,000 and above for this beauty

Edited by pasumark

Awsome... I love HTC Phone's design... Why these fellow lacks on marketing front???...HTC phones never get the attention like sammy or apple...

This is true. They need to revamp their marketing deptt

Sent from my S2 cdma

Its the real Nokia 920 Camera Competitor.

Now a Big Fan of New Home Replacements but overall it was right direction for next Device

HTC One gets priced in the UK, costs £510 SIM free.

Clove UK announced that it's going to sell the HTC One for £510 unlocked in both Silver and Black (no mention of the red version yet). That is actually a surprisingly good starting point for HTC's Android flagship. It's also cheaper than the iPhone 5, which currently sales for £529 for the 16GB version and £599 if you want to get as much storage as the base HTC One.

Source:http://tinyurl.com/axzao2r

the usual drawbacks of htc like non removable battery and no memory card are still there!when will these guys learn from samsung!!beautiful products are killed by these silly things.

• Like 2

HTC Press Release for Asia-Pacific mentions Reliance Communications as Carrier Partner from India.

I guess that may be for GSM Version with some free 3G DATA thrown in as usual.

Hetalbhai, the blink feed is optional. You can right swipe and go to regular Android Home Screen. Plus the best part is its not sticky. Whenever you return from lock screen to directly go to your normal home screen and not blink feed screen if you have chosen that way ;)

The expected price is 500-550 British pounds, so Rs.42,000 and above for this beauty

Remember the UK price is much higher then the US price. I cannot wait for the CDMA version.

Any the Chinks have already cloned it - a priori

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/htc-ones-clone-goophone-one-available-in-china-333184

Where are our chaps?

Edited by sgiitk

HTC One To Launch in India in April

HTC just hosted a special preview event in Delhi for the tech press and announced that it will launch its latest flagship the HTC One in April. The company is yet to announce any pricing information on the product.

• Like 1

when is the release date? any idea

^^^^

I had attended Mumbai Preview Event. There also HTC India said HTC One will launch around mid April.

HTC One Review – The Best Smartphone We’ve Used in a Long Time by TechnoBuffalo

I would have been favourably inclined (CDMA!) but after the indefinite delays in 4.x for the Dinc2 I will think of switching to Sammy.

Edited by sgiitk

HTC has made a "ultrapixel" a next thing to watch for mobile camera,but mostly all reviewer seems to think HTC new camera not quite good as HTC advertising about camera..

Even few thread has started in xda about complaining quality issue of HTC mostly gap at top side...

They now face problem of component as they reduce the initial order due to not so favourable pre bookings. As a results, manufacturers diverted their production. So the there may be problem in availability. Source

A good phone is dodged by poor marketing..

HTC One Battery Life Test is Complete, Breakdown is Inside

Now that we finished with our HTC One review, we took our time to give you the detailed breakdown of the smartphone’s battery stress tests.

The HTC One is powered by a 2300 mAh Li-Po battery unit that handles the latest quad-core Snapdragon 600 chipset. So, how did the HTC One do? Here we go.

Our first battery test is all about 3G calls. The HTC One battery went out after 13 hours and 38 minutes, quite an impressive result and very close to the Galaxy S4′s talk time despite the 300 mAh battery advantage of the Samsung flagship.

mmziap.png

HTC One did an amazing job with the web browsing test. It outlasted every other smartphone we’ve tested so far and took the first place in the chart coming just a couple of minutes short of the 10 hours milestone. Nicely done, HTC.

353axzo.png

Finally we’ve put the One into an endless video playback loop to see how long it’ll take for it to lose 90% of its battery charge. We were in for yet another impressive result with the HTC One matching the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Apple iPhone 5. The battery drained after 10 hours and 2 minutes, which is quite an impressive result sufficing for sixth place in our all-time chart.

2yxjkb5.png

With the kind of performance we witnessed in the indivudual tests, we were preparing to see the HTC One post a record overall score. Alas, the smartphone was led down by its standby efficiency and only manged 48h. That’s as much as the Sony Xperia Z, but seriously short of the Samsung Galaxy S4 achievement. This means you’ll only need to charge the HTC One every 48 hours if you use it for an hour of talk-time, an hour of web browsing and an hour of video-watching per day.

gsmarena_002.jpg

I would have been favourably inclined (CDMA!) but after the indefinite delays in 4.x for the Dinc2 I will think of switching to Sammy.

I dont think Sammy has Supported 1ghz Phone like fascinate & Epic with 4.0

I checked out this video of Iphone 5 vs HTC One drop test which makes sense as both have aluminium bodies .

Athough HTC One fares comparatively better than Iphone 5 , one thing that worries me is the speaker grills , specially at the bottom which just snapped out and broke on the first 3 ft drop. I feel that is the most loosely fit part of the phone and something about which one should be careful about.

HTC One earns 1 out of 10 Repairability Score, a first ever and lowest for a cellphone from iFixit. :(

There is every possibility of damaging the display while opening the phone.

• Like 1