Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SagarT

Bricked Samsung Epic 4G D-700

Hi People,

Just wanted to know if the phone is really bricked now, or if there's something that can be done.

Below is the issue:

I recently upgraded my friends Epic 4g to gellybean. after using it for some days, he was not happy with custom built rom, so he again wanted to go on stock Gingerbread.

While flashing stock rom along with the pit file through odin the process just stopped after completing 10-20 % and then failed. I took extra care not to disturb the usb cable while flashing as I have experienced its consequences in past.

Now the issue is, the phone is not starting up an any mode, not even download mode.

Is there anything that can be done?

Thanks in advance,

Sagar

If it is not starting in download mode then it is bricked. However you can try inserting charged battery and see if it comes up in download mode. It should come up. EPIC 4G is tough nut to brick :)

What do you mean by not starting in any mode? If it means that it is not starting at all then it is bricked, hard bricked. You have messed up the bootloader and you need to get it fixed using the JTAG procedure. For future reference, don't forget to compare the md5 of downloaded and source pit file. It is the culprit in most cases. The whole repartitioning procedure is kind of complex.

Here is the link to the specific JTAG thread http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/35270-jtag-bring-back-hard-bricked-boot-dead-phones/

@SagarT buy this from ebay

http://www.ebay.in/itm/USB-JIG-Unbrick-for-Bricked-Samsung-Galaxy-S-9000-S2-II-i-9100-S3-9300-Note-9220-/181073956417?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&hash=item2a28d94e41&_uhb=1#ht_4010wt_1302

simply insert it like your charger. your phone will go into download mode. make sure you

have brand new cable this time and the right files.

its a USB JIG works on all Galaxy series. i have used it when i bricked my EPIC.

Hope you have the patience to wait :)

Edited by Vinod Nayak
  • Like 3

Yes this jig works fine on bricked phone, I have used this one and recovered my phone

from bricked status.

sivashankkar

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your replies. I had almost given up hope of bringing it back from dead. @Vinod, thank you very much for the magik link :) , never knew something like this existed. Will order it today and try. does some body has working links to reliable stock GB and pit files? I have the custom ICS rom but would prefer the stock GB.

Once again, thanks alot for your support rimwebians ;)

rimweb ROCKX ;)

Thanks,

Sagar