Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
commonman

Railways discontinues SOFT (Subh Yatra) scheme without any public information

Some years back the Railways had started the SOFT Scheme in which registered users of IRCTC were urged to become member by paying first year charges of Rs.500 plus tax and renewal fees of Rs.300 plus tax. In return they got points equal to 10% or 4% of the value of the upper class tickets where they were themselves one of the passengers. The points could be later used to purchase confirmed tickets. The scheme was much advertised. It was also lauched through the Minister's budget speach.

Railways have discontinued it from 22.1.2013. by issuing one internal circular. No public announcement was made. No chance was given to exiwting members to utilise accrued points. The option for renewal and redemption has beem withdrawn from IRCTC site, again without any intimation. Natually all unused points would be forfeited. As the points were supposed to be valid for a period of three years, even if we assume 1,00,000 members and 2,000 point per member, the total amount by which public has been defrauded would be at least Rs.20 crore.

HATS OFF UPA.

Edited by commonman

Very sad news in deed. In spite of myriad of corruptions and scams, this UPA govt may come again into power only because BJP is reeling under fighting among its factions. Rajnath-Nitin-Narendra-Lalkrishna-Sushma and what not. India is missing Vajpayee very much.

what is the source?in my account redemption is coming and point validity is 2015.

The option for renewal has been deactivated and even valid account holders are not able to successfully redeem points.

Link to Official Railway Board Directorate Circular.

http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/uploads/directorate/traffic_comm/Comm-cir-2k13/CC_11_2013.pdf

Apparently the matter has been kept as so closely guarded secret that even the media has not reported about it.

but i redeemed my points 15 days back using irctc portal, but i am sbi rail card holder and most of my points are my sbi points.