Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
n_iceman

Samsung Galaxy S IV - The Next Big Thing!

Off Topic . :offtopic:

S2 ..S3 and Now S4

Forget Apple...Indian railways should sue Samsung for Copying Sleeper Coach Names ....xD :suicide:

• Like 6

On topic...

Go for Samsung Galaxy S4

It will be available right here (within 45 days) @ Rs. 60,089 (shipping included) offered by Souk India through rediff

Options are Black Mist and White Frost GSM only.

i9500mix3_new._samsung-galaxy-s-4-i9500-

Samsung Galaxy S4 Doubles the Galaxy S3, iPhone 5 and Blackberry Z10′s Benchmark Scores

http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleMobile.aspx?regionid=3&articleid=7602116

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

On topic...

Go for Samsung Galaxy S4

It will be available right here (within 45 days) @ Rs. 60,089 (shipping included) offered by Souk India through rediff

Options are Black Mist and White Frost GSM only.

I doubt that, APR 1 LAUNCH here in India.

Indian one had EXYNOS. Samsung Showroom are already taking pre bookings from select customers and also have confirmed price between 37k and 40k.

The showroom friend also confirmed the launch date because he is invited by the company to Bangalore for the launch.

Just got a call from Samsung,

44999Rs for S4 May 10 launch.

on rediff, its listed for 16 GB model @ Rs. 60089 whereas on ibhejo.com, the same model is listed @ 45242. Rediff's delivery time is 45 days and ibhejo's delivery time is 20-25 days.

I think samsung will launch s4 on may10 in india @44999 .

This will be exynos octacore 16gb variant......

Why people pre order when we all know that mobile price will be significantly less on street..

To flaunt

That's true. Flaunting costs a lot. When iPhone 5 was here for the first time much before official launch in India, it cost Rs. 1,04,000 for the 64GB and more than Rs. 80k for the 8GB model. The drop in price is proportional to the loss in degree of attention. थोढ़ा पुराना हो जायेगा तो exclusiveness और flaunting का मज़ा ही चला जायेगा |

• Like 1

Problem is that flaunting may work for ip5 or htc1 or bb z10, but flaunting samsung doesn't work - everyone has identical looking handsets whether samsung or chinese clones.

You would have to keep your galaxy in Settings>About>Phone screen all the time i guess and keep pointing out the cpu/kernel versions !

• Like 1

Problem is that flaunting may work for ip5 or htc1 or bb z10, but flaunting samsung doesn't work - everyone has identical looking handsets whether samsung or chinese clones.

You would have to keep your galaxy in Settings>About>Phone screen all the time i guess and keep pointing out the cpu/kernel versions !

Well said... all Samsung from s3,s4,s3 mini,galaxy duos and lot more in middle and lower version all look same ,expect screen size...

Right now galaxy grand and s4 look same from distance...

We have to wait for our friends to get the CDMA version into India. Any hint on the specs, etc.

^ ^ ^

The CDMA version will carry Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 (Quad Core Krait) clocked at 1.9GHz & Adreno 320 GPU instead of Exynos Octa Core & Imagination PowerVR SGX544MP3 GPU found in international versions.

• Like 1

44999Rs is not a bad price if it's a 64Gb what say?

Samsung Galaxy S4 Costs US $244 To Make

Samsung’s latest flagship Android smartphone, the Galaxy S 4, costs $244 to make, a preliminary virtual tear-down by IHS reveals. The research firm estimates that the build of materials cost $236 with an additional cost of $8.50 to manufacture and assemble the smartphone. This is 15 percent or $30.40 higher than the equivalent version (16GB HSPA+) of the Galaxy S III.

The higher cost in build of materials is being attributed to a larger and higher resolution display, an array of new sensors and Samsung’s new Exynos 5 Octa processor. “While many brands have released smartphone models using full-HD LCD displays, the S4 represents the first with an AMOLED display at this resolution,” said Vinita Jakhanwal, director for small & medium displays at IHS. “Reaching a true pixel density greater than 300 ppi has been a challenge for AMOLED display makers. However, Samsung was able to enhance AMOLED display performance by implementing new technologies that also drove up the cost of the display.”

308cvvp.jpg

The cost of the Galaxy S 4’s Octa processor with ARM’s new big.LITTLE architecture is estimated at $30.00, compared to $17.50 for the chip in the Galaxy S III. The Galaxy S 4 also has new humidity and temperature sensors along with an IR gesture sensor, which drove the sensor subsystem price up from $12.70 to approximately $16, the research outfit claims.

The big story here, however, is most of crucial and expensive components that go into the Galaxy S 4 have been manufactured by Samsung itself, which is one of the biggest advantages the Korean electronics giant has over its rivals, including Apple and HTC. Samsung manufactures the display and touchscreen module, NAND memory, processor and power management integrated circuit that gives the manufacturer flexibility in terms of component availability and customization. This gives Samsung an significant edge over HTC, which is struggling with component availability for its flagship One smartphone, which is reported to have been delayed and has now been pushed back to end-March and even April for most markets.

300v2wx.jpg
  • Like 1

We have to wait for our friends to get the CDMA version into India. Any hint on the specs, etc.

surprisingly note 2 verizon and HTC DNA is not on offer on RIMweb but a few reputed sellers have it for sale privately.

hope S4 comes soon but would love it more if its a global phone.

^ ^ ^

The CDMA version will carry Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 (Quad Core Krait) clocked at 1.9GHz & Adreno 320 GPU instead of Exynos Octa Core & Imagination PowerVR SGX544MP3 GPU found in international versions.

Naturally. Thanks for the info. The S-III had a dual core as against a quad core in the GSM. I would normally have preferred the htc One (I have a Dinc2 and my wife a Wildfire S) but considering they are still to release the promised Android 4.x (CM9/10 is out since I will have to go back to Froyo 'locked, then unlock using htc 'Bootloader Unlock, and then back up the tree again, not worth it), so I think I will jump ship. Every customer they lose will teach them a bit (hopefully).

Afaik, the same applies to iPhone family too...

^^^^^

I was supposed to say the same...

All Iphones or even HTC & Sony have almost identical designs if we see...

Sony have started now to differ a bit though.....

But iphone models don't range from 5,000 to 50,000 like samsung. Nor do the chinese clones look identical to iphone or bb and they don't run the same OS.