Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
n_iceman

Samsung Galaxy S IV - The Next Big Thing!

Hi, Did anyone see the Ranbir Singh's AD campaign for Samsung Galaxy S4... what do you think about it????

Here it is... Have a Look.... !!!

Sprint CDMA Galaxy S4 also has GSM capability. :smartass:
And instead of the usual sprint embedded sim, it has a Removable SIM Slot. :Sorprendido:
Some user reported success with GSM on sprint forums..

One note, you must first profile the phone on the CDMA side first then you can use the SIM slot. I put a Movistar SIM in it while in Cd. Juarez and it worked like a champ last night.
Yes the slot is unlocked and the GSM radios do fire-up. As soon as I cross the border in GSM mode then it stops as it sees T-mo and ATT signals.
The following extract is from the S4 Sprint Version User Manual...
nobry1.png
  • Like 4

Hi, Did anyone see the Ranbir Singh's AD campaign for Samsung Galaxy S4... what do you think about it????

Here it is... Have a Look.... !!!

what was samsung thinking :banghead: who will buy a S4 now :P:

3013834FPFsaD33.gif

Samsung Galaxy S4 GSM pictures taken by me. I spend two hours with this new baby n enjoyed every seconds with it.

*Same looks as s3..no revolution here..

*It has superb size... I am able to use it with only one hand...

*Screen resolution is awesome but I think brightness level is low..

*Fastest n smoothest with 2GB RAM & Octa core processor..

*Light weight

*Tons of new features..

*Awesome camera quality

*Sound quality is good

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD on MTS(à¦à¦ লà§à¦à¦¾à¦à¦¿ à¦à¦¾à¦®à¦¾à¦° মà§à¦à§à¦°à§à¦²à¦¾ ডà§à¦°à§à§à¦¡ রà§à¦à¦¾à¦° à¦à¦à¦à¦¡à¦¿ থà§à¦à§ পাঠানà§)

post-63922-136734004567_thumb.jpg

post-63922-13673400718_thumb.jpg

post-63922-136734010101_thumb.jpg

post-63922-136734012349_thumb.jpg

post-63922-136734013663_thumb.jpg

post-63922-136734014808_thumb.jpg

post-63922-136734016429_thumb.jpg

post-63922-136734017695_thumb.jpg

post-63922-136734019482_thumb.jpg

Edited by avishekghosh
  • Like 1

My friend has bought one too.

enu6u8u9.jpg

Both S3 and S4 look almost similar.in size, but are not. Right one is S4.

arapagy8.jpg

More square this time when compared to the curved S3 and also lighter.

9u7ubavu.jpg

Shifted sd card slot and SIM card slot to above the battery. Wireless ports on top of the sd slot. Can see the NFC connectors but nothing on the back cover to connect.

More to come in next post....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 5

This phone is tempting but I wonder about battery life with 2 processors.

Kshah battery life is Better in this than the cdma version bro. One processor is always off, switches on only when required. :rolleyes:

Edited by Vinod Nayak

^^^^^

Yes and he will be releasing it once S4 is released from Verizon, so that BigRed should NOT patch it before releasing the same.... Genius...

S4 only has enough internal storage for one nandroid backup - Koushik Dutta

Ca

n always go for a 64gb class10 sd for Nand.

Got a chance to play with this baby..and to say the least it blows away the competition..amazing screen..without the greenish hue of s3/note..thinnest waistline..featherlight..and to my surprize the feel is much premium unlike s3

If only Samsung could combine their cutting edge technology with better materials for their phone, they would be unstoppable. Such a great phone comes in some flimsy cheap plastic is a massive let down. The HTC one on the other hand looks so good. <br /><br />Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

• Like 1

Today, Samsung is showing off SideSync, a new way for your Galaxy device and PC to work in tandem. Once you hook your Galaxy up to a PC with the software and app installed, your device then becomes an extension of the PC, allowing you to access certain device features from the PC and vice versa. For example, if you are working on a Word doc on the PC, then need to leave the Starbucks, you can simply drag and drop the file onto your phone and make your escape.

The app is available through the Samsung Apps app found on your Samsung device, so go check it out. As a reminder, you will need to have a Samsung account to download it, so make sure to get one of those.

• Like 5

^^^ I tried this. Certain features are not working as shown. May be need Samsung laptop or ATIV. However can access everything on phone and control phone from PC using keyboard & mouse.

If anybody wants, will provide the details on how to do it.

Does it work with S3?

Edited by sougatadc

oh yes.. in fact with the most galaxy devices. but not all the functions as shown in video are working due to lack proper PC side software. Samsung has released only ATIV PC compatible software. It is under development for other PCs (though Samsung says only Sammy PCs).

S4 wireless charging achieved. Using Palm Technology. Will post more tomorrow.

post-81420-136820836192_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Have been using this baby since few days ...

the touch and the screen are beyond comparison...

The features are good... but at certain points I found this below s3...

the handset becomes a bit laggy if any function is used more than 5-10 mins... example chrome... it simply hangs and shuts...

The auto scroll thing doesn't work flawlessly...

music player can be controlled by voice but works partly... or say 5 times out of 10 attempts... etc...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Gsm or cdma

Gsm or cdma

GSM...

music player can be controlled by voice but works partly... or say 5 times out of 10 attempts... etc...

The voice control issue may be related to accent & tone. Please elaborate on where you find it lacking compare to S3.

The voice control issue may be related to accent & tone. Please elaborate on where you find it lacking compare to S3.

Maybe... but the same voice accent works flawlessly in s3 while typing through voice etc...

As I already gave an example of chrome / the default web browser it simply hangs and shuts every 5-10 mins... You need to restart the application in menu... I never saw this in s3...

My point is as s3 is flawless in its every function... but S4...

What makes s4 different from s3...

Auto scroll... wont call it accurate...

Auto video pause... I've noticed it our eyes are under proper light then and only then it works...

The air view thing... is good but most of times it works as a tap and hold function in gallery... Won't show the contents in folder...