Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
n_iceman

Samsung Galaxy S IV - The Next Big Thing!

Active comes with 8 MP camera & LCD Display instead of 13 MP camera & Amoled display in S4..

Right. :)

But the durability advantage of S4 Active being water/dustproof phone should far outweigh mostly theoretical & practically not much required 8-13 MP camera difference for most people in daily use. Also current LCD Displays are in no way inferior than Amoled. In fact, they look more natural.

^^^^^

Apart from being natural and not over-saturated, LCD display is having one great advantage than AMOLED and that is regular RGB matrix instead of Pentile matrix arrangement in AMOLED.

Further S4 active is much better choice than S4 regular, since S4 active is NOT looking like Galaxy Grand or Galaxy Ace or S4 Mini, etc...

The 8MPx camera in S4 active is the one we found in S3, which is also a wonderful camera. Further there is a rumor that S3 is also going to get those dual-camera in its future 4.2.2 update. So it looks like a deliberate move by Sammy to be sure S4 active doesn't cannibalize S4 regular sales... So, the picture in picture or dual-camera recording can be fixed via some sw tweaks that may come in few days from xda...

So if S4_active is priced less or equal to regular_S4, its better to go for S4_active, imho...

Active comes with 8 MP camera & LCD Display instead of 13 MP camera & Amoled display in S4..

Right. :)

But the durability advantage of S4 Active being water/dustproof phone should far outweigh mostly theoretical & practically not much required 8-13 MP camera difference for most people in daily use. Also current LCD Displays are in no way inferior than Amoled. In fact, they look more natural.

There is no clarity yet if battery would be user-replaceable or sealed for IP67 (waterproof). If its non-replaceable, then imho in a way it would turn out to be disadvantage for people who prefer removable battery.

Btw, I'm a happy satisfied HTC One user :-)

Edited by amit.shah

^^^^^

Apart from being natural and not over-saturated, LCD display is having one great advantage than AMOLED and that is regular RGB matrix instead of Pentile matrix arrangement in AMOLED.

Further S4 active is much better choice than S4 regular, since S4 active is NOT looking like Galaxy Grand or Galaxy Ace or S4 Mini, etc...

The 8MPx camera in S4 active is the one we found in S3, which is also a wonderful camera. Further there is a rumor that S3 is also going to get those dual-camera in its future 4.2.2 update. So it looks like a deliberate move by Sammy to be sure S4 active doesn't cannibalize S4 regular sales... So, the picture in picture or dual-camera recording can be fixed via some sw tweaks that may come in few days from xda...

So if S4_active is priced less or equal to regular_S4, its better to go for S4_active, imho...

Kanagaji, I' not sure about Active yet but Samsung had pentile TFT LCD display on Galaxy Camera..

Edited by amit.shah

Amit ji. One thing is sure. S4 active is coming with replaceable battery and memory card slot as found in first look in gsmarena website.

There also they confirmed the display is good (most probably non pentile).

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Kanagaji. Just had a look at gsm arena pics. You are right about removable battery.

Sent from my HTC One

hope someone get cdma s4 to RIMwe soon :eek:

Contended S4 buyers already have S4 in there hands on forum

Untill there is Reduction in Price than only it makes sense to post on forum

$ has Changed the game for Imports

• Like 2

What is missing in this picture?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

post-81420-137057916993_thumb.jpg

ZeroLemon Introduceas World's Highest S4 Battery At A Monstrous 7500 mAh >> http://www.amazon.com/warranty-ZeroLemon-Protection-Compatible-International/dp/B00CXZI4WQ
  • Full Wrap Super Strength TPU - ZeroLemon in house engineered Full Edge Wrap TPU case to protect your phone - World's only maufacturer to integrate both back cover and case into one for ultimate protection. TPU does not break or have brittleness of hard plastic.
  • Compatible with AT&T I337, Verizon I545, Sprint L720, T-Mobile M919, International I9500 & I9505
  • NFC Included & Built into the battery - All functions on Galaxy S4 such as S Beam and Google Wallet are activated.

51ghfIgfxyL.jpg

Gap battery design (approximately 0.02mm) allow sound to travel from speaker to bottom of battery case and make phone sound louder than original design when phone is lie down flat. Also sound won't get muffled when holding phone in landscape mode

51g6ZDq5LmL.jpg

Camera & LED View

61A%2BnF-OX0L.jpg

Case with battery

51wiMDWHYaL.jpg

Grill at bottom of case allows sound to travel to bottom of phone. Sound is LOUDER compare to original cover when phone is face flat with screen facing upward.

• Like 1

Fugly

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

even a brick would fit better in our pockets

• Like 1

Did somebody mentioned a Brick?

fdx37m.jpg

• Like 1

The Ultimate Galaxy S4 FAQ: 140 Questions Answered

To ensure that its customer-facing staff knows the ins and outs of the crucial Galaxy S4, Samsung prepared a guide that covers 140 of the most frequently asked questions about the device. The folks at Sam Mobile have got their hands on the internal guide and kindly made it available for download.

Samsung Galaxy S4 VS Galaxy S4 Active - VIDEO

Latest Update MF9 is out, follow the link to update OTA style.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2277480

if you are rooted then you have to unroot, to unroot simply odin

the MDL firmware, data wont be lost by doing so.

Only stock recovery can flash this update for now.

Edited by Vinod Nayak

MF9 Has update for camera, under application, there is a new section which shows apps that cab be transferred to External sd card.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

post-81420-137354707754_thumb.jpg

post-81420-137354709233_thumb.jpg

Can anyone please let me know how to make call conference in S4 US CELLULAR? is there any apk to replace internal phone dialer?

• Like 1

^^^

As you are rooted now, have you tried ExDialer i sent you ?

Also you can try many dialer from Market (dont know they will work on s4 or not, still give a try)

or give a try to custom rom from CM or sprint / verizon ported roms.

^^^

As you are rooted now, have you tried ExDialer i sent you ?

Also you can try many dialer from Market (dont know they will work on s4 or not, still give a try)

or give a try to custom rom from CM or sprint / verizon ported roms.

Tried it .. ExDialer is not working .. even i tried secPhone(It not getting installed).

S4 CDMA USERS PLEASE FOLLOW MY EARLIER POST.

ONCE YOU DO THE MOD PLEASE DISCHARGE BATTERY COMPLETE, THEN

FULLY CHARGE IT. AT 11 HOURS WITH FULL SYNC AND HEAVY USAGE OF

PHONE FB EMAIL TAPATALK BLA BLA, IM AT 64%. THOSE FEEDBACKS IN

THE ORIGINAL XDA POST ARE REAL.

Hello, I have a Sprint unlocked S4 CDMA and am using it on RIM. Can someone tell me how to make conference calls with this ? RIM people say it is activated but here the first number called is continuously on hold even if I merge calls. Can someone help please ??