Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

US Cellular Samsung Galaxy Note II SCH-R950

UPDATE : 05-01-2014

CYANOGEN MOD 10.1.3 ( based on 4.2.2 ) Totally STABLE and final for SCH-R950 - US Cellular NOTE II

Works wonderfully well with awesome battery backup and with pure vanilla experience

along with TW camera app plus dark messaging app too :)

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/35670-us-cellular-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-sch-r950/page-10#entry304648

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE : 29-11-2013

How to Install latest 4.3 deodexed MK3 ROM on USSC Note II

How to debloat it

How to fix broken WIFI

How to Fix Root

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/35670-us-cellular-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-sch-r950/page-7#entry302210

UPDATE : 08-07-2013

ME2 latest STOCK debloated ROM

Flash via recovery

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/35670-us-cellular-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-sch-r950/page-4#entry293783

Well i will start with a VERY VERY important Information for all the users of NOTE 2 on US CELLULAR who have working data without the 4G/LTE sim

Plz stay away from the latest OTA MB1 ,

I have been told by a good friend ( who has a great know how about all things reliance and high end phones ) of mine who just installed the radio , let alone the full OTA that his working data 3G was broken and even 1x vanished from his Note II .

It looks the data may not work till the 4G sim isnt inserted in the card slot.

Its actually him who urged me to warn all ( who may have NOTE 2 data working without sim )

Plz stay away till this is figured out by the GURUS ( yes they are aware and working on this )

More info once things get clearer.

its still not clear what actually went wrong

Regards

Edited by joshm
  • Like 1

Mr. Sanjay Joshi played with his phone. Updated the Radio. And now is without data :bash:

What about USC Galaxy S3's latest OTA for JB 4.1.2?

Is that to be avoided too? Will that harm its OMH characteristics?

Mr. Sanjay Joshi played with his phone. Updated the Radio. And now is without data :bash:

Kapil dear , his data is back , but there is a catch ;P

All thanks to the patience, knowledge and self less helping attitude of gurus like HP, Kapil and a lot more on rimwebs.

It is truly guys like them due to which we can even think about using phones like cdma note 2 on reliance.

My heartfelt gratitude and thanks to all the gurus of rimweb. May the spirit of sharing live long and rimweb achieve greater heights.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 7

Got an update on my USC S3 for JB 4.1.2 and after update its running smoothly everything ,voice data sms everything is as it was before no issues so far.

• Like 1

S3 shouldnt be an issuee , i dont have USC S3 , cant tell

Btw my Note 2 is all setup and flowing like a beast :P , Thanks to Hetal ji and Sanjay ji

Edited by joshm

I have updated Samsung Galaxy US Cellular S3 to JB 4.1.2 , Its working fine without any issues , Visually No differences compared to 4.1.1

• Like 1

Thanks Vijay and Sathish for the information.

However, are you facing GMail crash problem? I'm facing it on a regular basis from last fortnight. A notification flashes "unfortunately gmail has stopped working...Report/Ok". If I select 'report' nothing happens, just the notification box disappears. Same thing happens if I select 'Ok'.

Let me see whether this problem gets fixed with the update or not.

Have you experience any improvement in battery performance?

:previous:

No.. There is no improvement in Battery life.. Screen is not sleeping when not in use.. this is the biggest problem, we need to press power button to switch off the screen always..this problem was there since 4.1.1

Updated couple of hours back.

Let me see whether battery performance improves or not. My GMail crashing problem is still there.

However, I'm not facing the 'screen not sleeping' problem as mentioned by you, thank god.

Edited by sougatadc

Dear Friends ,

Can You please Guide How to make a 3 way conference Call on Samsung Note 2 U.S. Cellular ??? I am unable to do that... It has got merge button but when I press that calls are not merged :( :( Please Help...

Dear Friends ,

Can You please Guide How to make a 3 way conference Call on Samsung Note 2 U.S. Cellular ??? I am unable to do that... It has got merge button but when I press that calls are not merged :( :( Please Help...

Try trick mentioned in this thread..

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?/topic/32670-Call-Conference-Trick-On-Motorola-Droid-2-&-Droid-2-Global

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

^^^

Can You Try add number in phone book 1, 2, 3 as described by Kapilji

Sent from my HTC S710d using Tapatalk 2

Error : Can't add call :doh:

Kisi ne sach kaha hai ke har mobile mein har feature nahi hota...

Is there any working way for 3 way conference on Note II. (Adding 3 in phonebook don't work. Error : Can't add call )
Will any custom rom/app will do the trick?

Error : Can't add call :doh:

Kisi ne sach kaha hai ke har mobile mein har feature nahi hota...

This is problem of carrier lock phones. even in Gsm US phone some times have locked features.

Modyfying samsung SecPhone.apk did the trick. Now able to make reliance 3 way conference call.
In case someone needs this feature below is link for SecPhone.apk. Take backup of existing apk, copy this to /system/app and restart.
http://www.4shared.com/android/pgdmtKcp/SecPhone.html

• Like 7

Modyfying samsung SecPhone.apk did the trick. Now able to make reliance 3 way conference call.

In case someone needs this feature below is link for SecPhone.apk. Take backup of existing apk, copy this to /system/app and restart.

Nice share

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD Maxx

^^^

Will it work in S3 on JB for non-Reliance operator like MTS?

rooting required for this?

Probably a stupid question. But will the above trick work on other handsets like sprint epic touch

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I think if sid_sp123 discloses what modifications he has done in this APK, then same can be implemented in other phones too.

AN IMPORTANT advise to note 2 usc users

If you are on mb1 despite suggestions and everything is ok with the lte sim then

Never ever try to flash cm or aosp based roms, they will render you phone with unactivated status as and when you will revert to stock or stock based roms and may be right away too, hence the phone will keep dialing *228 and 3g or 1x will be gone despite all parameters.

The issue is this generally leaves your lte sim which is actually supporting your data totally useless.

You will have to use a new sim no matter what.

The issues seems to affect the artificial min number on your sim card.

The best bet is never to flash mb1 radio, no matter what, I know mb1 gives a hint better data speed but STAY AWAY FROM MB1 RADIO, NO ISSUE IN FLASHING THE MB1 ROM WITHOUT RADIO THOUGH.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

sent from my NOTE II, yupp size does matter.

• Like 1

Hello All,

Received OTA on US cellular SGS3 after MB1. It is MK1. Now my data has gone.

I tried to flash the older stock ROM via ODIN but still not able to get data .. Is this update similar to Note 2 ???

Please help with tricks to get back data !!!!

Hello All,

Received OTA on US cellular SGS3 after MB1. It is MK1. Now my data has gone.

I tried to flash the older stock ROM via ODIN but still not able to get data .. Is this update similar to Note 2 ???

Please help with tricks to get back data !!!!

Plz post this on the S3 forum