Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
bellamkonda

Credit Limit On Reliance Postpaid Subscribers

If u r very sure abt how much every month ur bill would be... then i dont think u shud have any issues to cough up some money in advance even before the due-date or for that matter even before u get a bill.

Since u can check ur Unbill details, u can jus pay up say 1000 bucks on the 15th Day to enhance ur credit-limit. As far as i know, biz owners usually pay by cheque, so jus drop in a cheque of 1000 odd bucks in any of their drop-boxes on the 15th and ur issue wud be resolved!

Though u can try out the "talking way" to get the limit enhanced, but i suggest this method only becoz when u r on roaming, its a quite a hassle to get ur phone barred! So jus be on check ;)

When I used to pay a bill of 5 K my credit limit was 3000 now also it is 3000 but then my phone was never disconnected coz of nonpayment... now it is as soon as I cross it so I make it a point to pay up my bill well in time... n u get enuf warnings before crossing ur limit n phone being barred

Hi guys

From all your posts it seems that I am not the only one, but old users are also facing the same problem.

My contention is that if we are using a postpaid connection then atleast we should enjoy the credit period of 25 days completly.

Also, it is very difficult to predict how much usage I will incur in any given month. But I will see to it that I get the credit limit enhanced without paying a single dime. Let's see if I succeed in that.

Till then awaiting reply from Customer Care (I don't think they reply, or else atleast I would have got an acknowledgement mail atleast, its been about 24 hrs).

I will keep you all posted on any developments on this front..

Regards

P.S: I am trying to give them more business, LOL they don't want it... ;)

Hi Rakesh

Still waiting for their reply. Neither the Chairman's office nor the Chaprasi's office have replied me. ;)

Regards

Hi

So finally after a very lo......ong wait, I got a reply from CC. They said that they cannot help much & something to that effect. So it was a wasted excercise. Also, as an assurance they told me that my request has been forwarded to the concerned department & gosh.. now I have to wait to hear from them.

You know what, I have now curtailed my usage on RIM & carrying on my usual talk with GSM.

Regards

I get a lot of messages from them asking me to cough up some money (apparently because my usage is high). Boo hoo!

I ignore those warnings totally. And so should the rest of you.

Reason - if you're a defaulter anyways... you wouldnt care about the warnings. Only honest people would be hassled into paying some interim amount... but they were going to pay this anyways in their normal billing cycle! So why hassle (honest) people! And why should you pay without being shown a bill anyways!

For me also outgoing call got deactivated just before a week of due date and usually i was paying around 800 at that time my unbilled usage was with in 400 :(

So i just ignored the warnings at the due date i payed for the bill(Saturday)

Sunday i saw my mobile was still in deacivated state(outgoing calls)

called CC and they asked me to goto that WW and make corrections since the amount i payed was not refleted in database.

The entire WW people staff were absent on sunday. :( so monday i called WW from office and they reactivated it with in 10 minits :)

I would have beaten up some of the ww guys if I was in your place Rakesh. RIM is probably the worlds biggest cheat mobile service (just so happens they also have the fastest internet connectivity unfortunately)! And they have the nerve to treat us like we are common crooks.

I think if one pays the bill as fast as possible, this outgoing call barring can be avoided :)

Hi There

We all have taken post-paid connections not out of our love for RIM but to enjoy uniterrupted connetivity wihout have to worrying for the pre-paidbalance getting drained. Moreover, with post-paid one also enjoys a credit period of about 20 days.

My scientific research (I have done that research, but don't have any witnesses to prove it :) ) shown that post-paid customers give more business than pre-paid, also their loyalty is high i.e. less attrition.

With all this business to the company & the stuff,I think setting a measly credit limit of 1000 bucks is unfair. :(

As it is with a post-paid connection a certain deposit is built-in into the handset cost. Whaddaya you ppl think..

Regards

Getting a postpaid connection is also a bit costly than prepaid!!

So they should be given more previleges than prepaid people!!

I have faced such "Extortion" from the Reliance Bhais too !

They even have a "nice" name for it.... "Interim Payment"

My post paid bill is usually due on the 14th / 15th of every month... I typically receive the bill by the 7th of that month, but in anycase I check the online version much before I receive the print version...

Recently I have been roaming a lot and my bills are a lot bigger than usual because of the incoming charges. The last 2 months, I have received multiple calls as early as the 20th of the month in which I have already paid, asking me to pay an amount for which the bill has not even been generated, forget that it would only be due on the 15th of the next month ! They threaten to bar outgoing calls... and they did it too... 2 weeks before the due date on the bill! That made my RIM useless when I needed it the most !

I called up customer care and spoke to the supervisors when the regular ppl could only parrot their pre recorded lines. I asked them the legality of it and asked to forward my complaint to someone in their legal dept. cuz my next action would be taking them to court and / or the press. Needless to say, they did'nt bother !

It seems that they have some amount of "Credit" for every post paid customer and mine was around Rs.2300 ... the minute I cross that, ougoing automatically gets barred. When it is approaching the limit, the system automatically sends SMSs to make an "Interim Payment" and also assigns 10ppl (who never meet) to follow up on the same case !

All this for a customer who has paid each and every bill on time ! I feel like a real succer when I hear about those ppl who dont pay 5 digit outstanding amts and get away scot free ! What's the secret guys ?

<CDMAn>

Yeah, I can understand how nsgging it can become....coz I have gone through the same. What you can do is that you can increase the credit limit by paying an additional security deposit or by making friends with some WW guy. I did not want to do either of the two, hence I wrote to the chairmans office. After a wait of ten days they sent me a reply in which explained how the system works but they could not do anything to resolve my issue. So thats it...no point in banging our head. Interim payment is something which we have to live with I guess.

If you do not want to go to a Webworld to pay your bill or do not have the time to do so.

Then you can directly pay using R-World using your credit card!!

Thats the easiest option which I have done several times!!

Dear Customer,

We thank you for being a valued member of the Reliance Infocomm family. To enable us serve you better, we take this opportunity to inform you of your "Credit Limit".

The Credit Limit is based upon the usage, timely payment, tenure with Reliance, initial credit profile and deposits made. You can enjoy uninterrupted services upto the limit for your usage (billed + unbilled) at any point in time.

We are pleased to inform you that you have been assigned a Credit Limit based on the above criteria.

This amount is currently :

Rs. X,XXX.00

For your convenience and better understanding, here are some further clarifications.

Why is there a Credit Limit assigned to my account?

This limit is assigned to provide you maximum flexibility for your usage. It also helps us to protect you against any misuse in case of loss or theft of your phone.

What if my usage crosses the Credit Limit?

You would be intimated through an SMS to make an interim payment in case your usage exceeds 80% of the currently assigned Credit Limit. Your services may be interrupted if the usage continues and the interim payment is not made.

What will happen if payment is not made by the Due Date?

Your services may be interrupted if payment is not made by due date (even if Bill Amount is within the currently assigned Credit Limit). Also, the credit limit will be reduced after each instance of late payment. A late payment charge will also be levied in such cases in the next bill.

Does my Credit Limit change?

Yes, your credit limit is revised from time to time based on your usage and timely and regular payments of your monthly bils. You can enchance your credit limit by paying an additional deposit at any of our WebWorlds or WebWorld Expresses. Instances of cheque bounce and credit card chargebacks reduce your credit limit.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to visit our website www.relianceinfo.com or contact our customer care at *333.

Assuring you of our best services, always.

Regards,

Reliance Infocomm Ltd.

LOL ! whatever was that ?

Once I received a SMS from Reliance on my FWP that I hv cross the Credit limit and I hv to pay an interim payment.

What I did? Nothing...

I simply waited and deposited the Bill when it came.

Nothing happened...

Me to Vishal.

However TRAI has made it illegal to disconnect immediately after the credit limit is exceed. So if RIM does that - sue em!

Me to Vishal.

However TRAI has made it illegal to disconnect immediately after the credit limit is exceed. So if RIM does that - sue em!

38347[/snapback]

That is why they warn you at 80% of credit limit (as per the opening post in this thread) and not 100% . So there should not be any case (for suing reliance).

LOL !!! Time to sue them ? so soon ? well ... I better not comment on that!

Cheers

Ashok

This month bill has a extra page, with text as mentioned in the first page.

They have given me a credit limit of 5500/

My average bills are around 1500 per month and I had RIM connection for over 2 years and I have never missed my payment ever.

manav

This month bill has a extra page, with text as mentioned in the first page.

They have given me a credit limit of 5500/

My average bills are around 1500 per month and I had RIM connection for over 2 years and I have never  missed my payment ever.

manav

39105[/snapback]

so thats approx 3-4 times your monthly bill... That was indeed needed.. Good if they consider tenures of less that 1 yr with RIM. I am looking forward to it..

cheers

so thats approx 3-4 times your monthly bill... That was indeed needed.. Good if they consider tenures of less that 1 yr with RIM. I am looking forward to it..

cheers

39107[/snapback]

Since I am on a Joy 499 plan. My bill would realistically never be 5500/-. I am anyway married so no girlfriend also to run up these bills.

Rconnect unlimited also won't bump my monthly usage to 5500. so in that sense, its great for me.

I am not sure if everybody gets these high limits or its for me because

1. I am a very old customer.

2. I am a very faithful customer (giving my bills on time)

3. I am on a very high rental plan.

Well if other boarder can publish the figures they got from reliance, then we can make a better sense of how reliance is arriving at these figures.

manav

I had taken RIM 6 months back.I had paid 3400 upfront for Samsung SLIM with NewJOY499 plan.I was told in the Webworld where i purchased the connection that

I will be given a credit limit of 1000 as I was not paying any deposit.

I saw them filling up a credit ratings(with points for vehicle,house,creditcards etc) form similar to creditcard verification form.Later on I was called from reliance and was told that I have been given a credit limit of 2400.

Initially I ran bills upto 6500 and I always paid my bills on time.But,that did not increase my Credit limit.

My understanding goes that they take into account the Credit rating of the individual during the time of taking of connection(similar to how credit cards give credit limit) and the initial upfront payment made by him