Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
bellamkonda

Credit Limit On Reliance Postpaid Subscribers

Hi all ,

i have been using freedom ( 650 rs ) rconnect plan for last two bills;before that i was using prepaid today in my third bill i have been given credit limit of 5000 rs .......thats gr8 considering i have only paid two bills ...( 198 & 728 rs )

Hey thats pretty cool man... Inspite of sticking with these people since last 5 months & an average bill of Rs. 800/- I have been given a credit limit of 1100 bucks only. This is not fair guys..

OK I now I realise, when they ask you about house, vehicle credit-card etc etc.. thats for determining the credit rating..Oh Oh. I should have ticked on everything possible so that they would have rated me high :D

Well, I had also fought with these people on one occasion for this credit limit thing. Shucks now because of this low limit, my billed & unbilled usage will always exceed it... boohooo.

Moreover, I have started paying my bills via my credit card since last three months, wonder will that have any further depletion in my credit limit... :(

Anyways...these people stink on certain aspects... :grin:

Rony: your limit would be set at startup but reviewed periodically -- maybe every 6 months or year or so not every day.

I too got an extra page in my FWP BILL today about my Credit Limit.

They set my Credit Limit to Rs. 6,500.00.

PS: My bill is always under 2K. most of the times its between 1700 -1800.

I encountered very irritating problems with my credit limit. I bought my RIM over two months back and paid two bills of Rs.275 and Rs.1856 respectively for the first and the second month. My credit limit was fixed at Rs.3000. I use my RIM mainly for RConnect. SO the plan that I use is NJ149DATA meaning, I have to pay a rental of Rs.650 per month which includes the voice rental also.

Now yesterday, I received a SMS from 1232 saying that my account usage is "high" and that I had Rs.414.14 as "high" usage and that if I did not pay immediately, my line would be disconnected. The dumb customer care guy was "helpless" in providing me my limit. Worried that my line would be disconnected, I scampered off to the Webworld express from where i had bought my RIM to know that my credit limit had been brought down to Rs.500 !!! :D Now, my rental is just Rs.650, then how can my credit limit be Rs.500. Now, my bill is zero as I have made them the payment. I was told that if I wanted to increase my credit limit, then I have to pay a Rs.1000 deposit to raise it to Rs.1500 ! What crap ?

What I want to know is how dare these RIM ppl reduce my credit limit when the last bill I got was of Rs.1856 ??? And I never delay payments ! Absolutely punctual ! Can anyone HELP ???? :P

Edited by spookie

Write to the Chairman. This is absolutely ridiculous, A monthly rental of 650 bucks & a credit limit of 500. And that too credit limit includes billed usage(which includes the rentals) & unbilled usage as well. I say don't cough up the monies but write a letter to Chairman's office, soliciting an immediate response with nice & firm language...

Best of Luck.

Well, the same issue has been reported by many members here before. You have to register a complaint (try Chairman's Office for faster results) and ask for a resolution.

Reliance seems to have changed their policy about Credit Limit recently, as they now seem willing to provide credit limit details to customer requests. And credit limit increases after some time as you pay your monthly bills. The last time I checked my credit limit many months ago with the help of a Web World friend, it was Rs.4500 , but when I called up *333 now, they said I have a credit limit of Rs.10200 now !

Does my Credit Limit change?

Yes, your credit limit is revised from time to time based on your usage and timely and regular payments of your monthly bils. You can enchance your credit limit by paying an additional deposit at any of our WebWorlds or WebWorld Expresses. Instances of cheque bounce and credit card chargebacks reduce your credit limit.

As he described here the credit limit can change according to the event happen during a Billing Cycle.

Thanks & Take Care.

Well though even I have recommended the Chairaman's office... They are not of much help. They respond very fast but the reply is ususally useless. But in your case I think they will take some action as well.

best of Luck....

new customers generally has to face credit limit problem, but it's a case of 3 months coz as I have heard from CC guys that credit limits are revised in every 3 months, so after 3 months users get a credit limit which will not give you tension of goig to webworld and pay bill many times a month. Me to has faced this problem for first 3 months and I have shouted on CC guys and webworld guys many times for this but they can't help me out. If some of us gets good credit limit in 1-2 months they are lucky guys.

new customers generally has to face credit limit problem, but it's a case of 3 months coz as I have heard from CC guys that credit limits are revised in every 3 months, so after 3 months users get a credit limit which will not give you tension of goig to webworld and pay bill many times a month. Me to has faced this problem for first 3 months and I have shouted on CC guys and webworld guys many times for this but they can't help me out. If some of us gets good credit limit in 1-2  months they are lucky guys.

39742[/snapback]

This is OUTRAGEOUS !!!! Im so angry that I could kill a dinosaur now. Just now I got a message saying that my account usage is high ( again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the umpteenth time this month ) and that I have to pay Rs.773 to the nearest webworld. .I called up the customer care and blasted the (sleepy) guy and just muttered out f*** u ppl. He said he was sorry n all tht crap.. Im getting bored because of this now.

Why the hell can't they understand when my rental is 650, how can my credit limit be rs.500 ?? Seems, I will have to pay a deposit with them.. :) My third month with reliance is closing in on 23rd September, so, do i expect my credit limit to be lifted or do i pay a f***** deposit ??

Hi all,

I had lodged a complaint with the customer care from their website. This is what I got as a reply from their side. They mention that credit limit can be fixed irrespective of what rentals i pay. I just got a call from Reliance saying that even if my rentals are say 649ZR( assuming this is the maximum of all plans available), my credit limit can be still 500. Their "system" decides.

Im attaching the reply in a word file.

RIM_Complaint.rtf

Hi there!!!

Well, their reply is technically correct but not at all of any help.

Write to Chairman's office & threaten to disonnect the line. Aha & don't forget to add in a few lines about principles, ethics, customer service & umm... GSM connections.

That may help, I guess...

Best of Luck

In the morning, immediately after I logged out of R Connect, I got a msg from 2811 saying that my line has been disconnected thereby deactivating my outging. All those "sweet reliance" thoughts coming to my mind DASHED after I saw this message. So I went to the WW, paid my outstanding 743rs, gave them a freakin' deposit of 1000 and increased my credit limit to 1500rs.

hopefully, now i dont have to face any disconnection ! n thanks to all, specially VINU... im writing to the chairman's office with all my ethical, principle ideas in place.. gotta remind them too !!!

i got my connection with freedom plan on 1st july, it is my third bill i got today, they have mentioned my credit limit of Rs. 3000/- , this i suppose is the best i could get from any mobile company. I got this connection just for Rs 550/- GSK Kit. Ya i have full faith on reliance bill as earlier too i used reliance postpaid for nearly one year than changed to prepaid. Now i depost a lumpsum amount of my bill much before its arrival and my billed amount in mostly in minus. may be this is the reason for such a nice credit limit.

hello all,

first of all thanks to all the member who took time to reply on my last post. thank you all.

as you all know, i'm doing some heavy STD calling, and being life999 plan for my postpaid, it charges for 2 rupee per minute.

now, i just got a call from RIM, saying that i've reached my credint limit (i didn't know i'm given any...nor i asked for) and must pay some amount otherwise, they will stop my services....

now when i purchased this burden..so called phone (b'fore 2 yr ago).. they never intimated this type of scrape. otherwise i'd have not gone for that deal at all.

so what do you guys say ?

regards,

Antenio.

<Topic Merged>

Almost all telecom companies have the credit limit for all postpaid subscribers. Its a mechanism to protect them from fraudulent customers who might vanish from the face of earth after taking the phone company for a ride. All new customers have a very low (read default) credit limit, which is enhanced upon your usage and payment patterns.

Normally, you get a SMS about paying up some amount when you reach about 75% of your credit limit, and then on 90%. You outgoing would be barred once you cross the credit limit. It is advisable to clear up some amount if you are approaching your credit limit.

If you do not want to tolerate this, I would say you switch the service provider, make a heavy use of STD facilty and you will get the same message there too.

Last but not the least, please do not post the same thing more then once. I have already deleted your other post

what next will these stingy companies think of next. Why the hell does one go in for post paid? Wheres the advantage of post paid? This is just like prepaid except you have a flexible credit! ********! Can't they determine if the person is a real or fraudulent when they issue a connection?! :|

hello all,

first of all thanks to all the member who took time to reply on my last post. thank you all.

as you all know, i'm doing some heavy STD calling, and being life999 plan for my postpaid, it charges for 2 rupee per minute.

When i purchased a RIM Postpaid connection.....within a week i got a call from Reliance out bound team and that was WELCOME CALL for me..

And That person explained me my tariff.. my limit etc etc ..

I was quite impressed with that ..

He mentioned that my credit limit was 1000 or 1500 something i dont rem exactly.. ....

In short i was informed about it ...... :)

what next will these stingy companies think of next. Why the hell does one go in for post paid? Wheres the advantage of post paid? This is just like prepaid except you have a flexible credit! ********! Can't they determine if the person is a real or fraudulent when they issue a connection?! :|

That would require them to hire detectives to find out the credibility of a new customer. Remember the time when Reliance was not strict in having any kind of credit limit long time ago ? Many ran up into huge bills and they couldn't pay it off. Thats why new customers are assigned a uniform credit limit of Rs.1000 which should be fine unless the customer is a heavy caller. Moreover, most providers allow refundable deposits to up the credit limit, incase they are heavy callers. As per TRAI's directive, when the usage and other applicable charges reach 80% of the limit, the operators will have to intimate the subscriber about the consequences of his usage exceeding the credit limit, including the possibility of disconnection. You can even check your credit limit by dialing *333, then how can you say that you do not know about a credit limit ?

You can always find out your Credit Limit by dialling *333 theres option for credit limit, your CL depends on how you pay the bill whts ur usage and stuff........................ It will start fom 1000 and then they will increase it

That would require them to hire detectives to find out the credibility of a new customer. Remember the time when Reliance was not strict in having any kind of credit limit long time ago ? Many ran up into huge bills and they couldn't pay it off. Thats why new customers are assigned a uniform credit limit of Rs.1000 which should be fine unless the customer is a heavy caller. Moreover, most providers allow refundable deposits to up the credit limit, incase they are heavy callers. As per TRAI's directive, when the usage and other applicable charges reach 80% of the limit, the operators will have to intimate the subscriber about the consequences of his usage exceeding the credit limit, including the possibility of disconnection. You can even check your credit limit by dialing *333, then how can you say that you do not know about a credit limit ?

Wait there just for a minute....If I remember this correctly when my mother had purchased DAPO, she was required to give a WHOLE LOT OF DETAILS to Reliance including her pay slips for 6 months or so, she was also required to give residence proof, the electricity bill, landline bill and may be even her tax returns and what not... They had verified a whole lot before she got her instrument. Now as I understand Reliance has tightened up its rules and verification procedures. Reliance need not hire a detective to verify the credibility of a customer. Its as simple as checking his income tax returns if he is earning (salaried or otherwise). Atleast those customers shouldn't be subject to this humiliating credit limit. Those who don't pay the IT because of various reasons like they aren't earning or they are outside the tax bracket etc... well for them to have a credit limit is ok. If they had to put a credit limit then why do they take a deposit in the first place?

I recently got myself a hutch connection and there is no such thing as a credit limit for me. I can run up a bill of 25000 or 300.

Well dear linuxguy,

Every operator has a credit limit Since you recently got your hutch connection, have you actually run your bills to 25k without barring? If yes...then maybe it's a corporate connection, so limit is set very high.

Why do you think credit card companies set a limit on their cards? Does it mean that credit card users are highly susceptible to default on their payments?...No....anything, when given on credit, always has a credit limit attached to it...

It's there on all operators and it's nothing to feel bad about if we receive a call when reching 80% of our limit.

And by the way, when I bought a new FWP connection, I also got a call telling about tarrif, credit limit, how to raise it etc & blah blah...

Edited by amtrag

All mobile phone companies have credit limit. I had BPL mobile about 3 years ago and had to make intermediate payments quite a few times as my credit limit was set to Rs 2500. Also, I know people who have had their outgoing blocked on the Hutch (Orange) for exceeding the credit limit. Its only a question of how high or low is your credit limit. If it is set to a sufficiently hihg figure that you do not even realize its there, that does not means you dont have a credit limit.

And, seriously, there is nothing to feel bad about it, if the company notifies you with sufficient time to make intermediate payments.