Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
emailabhi37

Reliance GSM Network in Pune & Maharashtra

I am planning to switch to GSM from my reliance CDMA mainly due to handset issues. Can anyone tell me how is the Reliance GSM network in Pune and Maharashtra?. Also how is GPRS in Reliance GSM?

• Like 2

Reliance GSM is not that good. You cannot compare GSM with CDMA. reliance CDMA is one of the best networks. Since you are in Pune idea will be better and RGSM also has issues of deducting amount without your knowledge.

But there are sellers on this forum who sell high end handsets also. I'm not happy with Vodafone add their network is not that good and also I miss the quality of CDMA.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Dear Member,

On 10th Feb 2013. I have ported from Reliance CDMA to GSM. My personal advice is don't move from CDMA to GSM.

Reasons -

1.CDMA has the best voice calarity
2.CDMA call charges are low
3.CDMA has the best network coverage if you stay with in the city limits.
4.If u port from CDMA to GSM some of the call benefits are not applicable to ported nos.
5.Its true that reliance GSM indulges in to fraudent methods in balance dectutions. I had take an issue of 220Rs money detucted to the Department of Telecomunications for refund and it took nearly 1 month to return my balance.

If handset is the only problem then don't worry, nowadays we can purchase CDMA handsets from various sellers. Check the FAQ topic:
http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/32930-the-all-in-one-faq-using-foreign-imported-cdma-handsets-with-cdma-networks-in-india/

Hope this post is useful to you.

Sekhar
:hypocrite:

Dont use rgsm in pune ....i have a bad experience hence i shifted to rcdma

How is Reliance GSM in Mumbai & Delhi ?

I have recently asked my office to port my Reliance CDMA number to Reliance GSM as I have bought a BB Z10.

If any one has any feedback please post. Since I use only 1 phone I don't want to be stuck with intermittent services etc.

have been using a RGSM prepaid sim in it and I haven't found any problem yet. However, I will only be using it extensively once my primary number is ported to RGSM.

Can't port to any other operator as office policy is only Reliance numbers.

Reliance GSM network is pathetic....dont switch over from CDMA....its the best network among all network be it GSM or CDMA....

You will get lot of good handsets from this forum....so i think hadset should not be a problem.

How is Reliance GSM in Mumbai & Delhi ?

I have recently asked my office to port my Reliance CDMA number to Reliance GSM as I have bought a BB Z10.

Ari_Facepalm.jpg

• Like 1

Is it that bad Rajan?

Am not talking of billing issues, only 3G coverage?

I recently ported one of my number from CDMA to GSM. My experiences so far has been the best.Icing on the cake is the data plan of 99 where in i get 2.5 GB data per month.As far as the network is concerned i haven't faced any issues, no call drops no network congestion.Frankly i am very happy till date.More ever places where i had troubles with network in CDMA seem to be resolved with GSM.

Just wanted the fellow rimwebians to know.

Edited by vickSs

Reliance is giving tough competition to BSNL wrt worst voice clarity in MAh circle, afaik...

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Is it that bad Rajan? Am not talking of billing issues, only 3G coverage?

Haven't used 3G on R-GSM but voice network had been pretty bad when we were using it in 2011.

I recently ported one of my number from CDMA to GSM. My experiences so far has been the best.Icing on the cake is the data plan of 99 where in i get 2.5 GB data per month.As far as the network is concerned i haven't faced any issues, no call drops no network congestion.Frankly i am very happy till date.More ever places where i had troubles with network in CDMA seem to be resolved with GSM.

Reliance GSM ? or some other company ?

Is it that bad Rajan? Am not talking of billing issues, only 3G coverage?

Haven't used 3G on R-GSM but voice network had been pretty bad when we were using it in 2011.

I have been using R-GSM prepaid SIM in my laptop for 3G and its been working really nice. 3 MBPS almost everywhere in Mumbai. My EVDO does 1-1.5 max.

I haven't used it for calls much. But now that you have warned me I will spend next few days on calls with the R-GSM SIM and see if its OK. Thanks. Will update.

Reliance GSM ? or some other company ?

Ported from Reliance CDMa to Reliance GSM

Hmm...so I feel I should not port to Reliance GSM, looking at the responses here. Yes I do not have any issues with the network, only handset range was the issue..

OK, I have forwarded by RCDMA number to RGSM and my experience yesterday on coverage and call quality was fine and so was data speed

But 1 day is not enough to evaluate (i just got 3-4 calls) so will try for few more days and update.

PLEASE NOTE: This is only for MUMBAI. (that too just between Bandra to Dahisar and near the Western Expressway all the time)

On the other hand, I may have to be stuck with RCDMA as my office is telling me of some problem in porting due to their policies etc.

Though am trying to work it through, as I really like the Z10. But will sell it off if no option.

Any chance of someone of rimweb offering verizon cdma z10 for sale soon ?

Dear ami1, we are all talking about 2g rgsm. May be 3g rgsm might be better wrt call clarity (in bsnl also voice clarity is better in 3g mode). So please check rgsm in 2g only mode and then decide...

Sent from my Razr MAXX using Tapatalk2

My understanding was that voice is always carried over 2G, only data goes over 3G ? Otherwise they would have had different tariffs for 3G & 2G voice plans.

Amithabh ji, whatever you told is true for CDMA only... Only in CDMA voice is carried on 1x and data on HSIA/3X/3G_EVDO (if available, else data also on 1x [2G data CDMA])...

In GSM, both voice and data is possible in 2G and 3G... Further in 3Gsm (and also in some latest CDMA advanced handsets) simultaneous voice and data is possible. To test that select Handset mode to "3G only" and still you can make voice calls, while net is ON.

Simply, in 2GSM,
1. Voice and data (GPRS/EDGE) is possible.
2. No simultaneous voice-data possible.
3. But data is put on hold, when voice call arrives.
4. Better coverage in 850/900MHz band and not so in other bands.

In 2G_CDMA (1x)
1. Voice and data (1x) is possible.
2. No simultaneous voice and data possible.
3. Callers will get engaged tone when data on 1x is being used.

4. Best coverage 850MHz band (India).

In 3GSM,
1. Voice and data is possible.
2. Simultaneous voice and data is possible.

3. Voice clarity better comparing 2G (due to least congestion) and HD-Voice is also possible (operator dependent).
4. Very bad coverage as mostly 2100/1900/1700MHz used.

In 3G_EVDO,
1. Data only possible and voice handled by 1x (2G)
2. Data is put on hold, when call arrives in most handsets.
3. In very few latest handsets, simultaneous voice and data is possible.

4. Best coverage 850MHz band (India).

==============================

ON-TOPIC:-

So kindly check the voice quality (or lack of it) in 2G ONLY mode of RGSM... Because you may NOT get 3G coverage always (eg: in-building, roaming) and then please decide... I have checked RGSM (2G) in Mah and MP circle, where RTL is available in MP and RGSM in Mah. But both the network are horrible (in 2G)...

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

^ OK. So that's why I was finding that voice between two 3G phones (iphone4s & BB z10 on vodafone/airtel) seemed much clearer to me than when using BB 9650 & iphone4 on CDMA (RCdma).

Will put it on 2G today and check again.

BTW, will 3G coverage be spotty even inside Mumbai ? Now I am getting doubtful that maybe I should stop my porting !

^^^ all operators have limited cell sites for 3G. i am fighting with Vodafone as their network is bad in my cabin and also no 3G. Similarly, I am after RGSM for activation of VAS services on my wife and bhabhi's numbers and both are so fed up that they are willing to port out.

Now for network for RGSM, they never have any problem be it Mumbai or Ahmedabad. I cant comment on speed as they are not using data except for WhatsApp.

OK, I am seeing 'no signal' problems in some places with my vodafone postpaid if i keep it on "only 3G" all the time.

So you are correct that 3G is spotty sometimes and it needs to switch to 2G even for voice calls.

Have not faced this in RGSM yet even though I keep it on "only 3G" but it may be because I am near the towers 99% of the time (WEH)

Will try RGSM voice clarity on 2G and update.

In terms of speed I can tell you that RGSM 3G is almost always giving me 3Mbps, while Vodafone 3G is 8-10 Mbps most of the time and 5Mbps sometimes. RCDMA EVDO for me is always 1-2Mbps. Airtel 3G was hopeless, couldn't get it to work. All this may only be valid for Mumbai.

I think staying with RCDMA might be best for me - at least its very very consistent.

Now if only I could get a Verizon BB Z10 which works on RCDMA (w/o BES/BIS, just evdo - since that's all that is needed now with lotus traveler).

Edited by ami1

Dont use rgsm in newer circle.<br /><br />Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

hi friends

need your suggestion n help for deciding on network n hadset

back ground : one of my old teacher (staying in old age home) is looking for basic mobile handset and new network service (currently using aircel) in mumbai

reason for change : current handset is not working and aircel gallery is faraway so her aid/helper cant visit gallery often, he told me reliance gallery is nearby.

confusion : shall i go for reliance cdma or reliance gsm? i was thinking of gsm only because, i can get basic nokia phone 101 (dual sim) so her aircel no also will be used.

but is reliance gsm is gud in mazgaon, mumbai down town side area?? any users in those area, your input will be valuable.

handset query : what basic handset i can consider beside nokia 101? need gud battery backup and will be used only for voice calling purpose, so gud voice sound quality must.

Thanks in advance

Vaibhav

Ps. Amitabhji sorry for tagging along, found this thread active for mumbai circle.

I havent seen problem in Mazgaon on RGSM. But there are dark patches in the area. So it is always better where exactly your teacher is. Are you talking about Ashadan? The best would be to ask people working there. They will let you know. I think Vodafone should be better.

• Like 2