Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
emailabhi37

Reliance GSM Network in Pune & Maharashtra

thanks chirag for reply .. its 'All saints home' ... nr sales tax office..

her aid staff suggested reliance may be due to closeness of reliance gallery

even i was thiking about vodafone (or trumph for lowest call charges) .. is nokia 101 is gud enough..

thanks

vaibhav

I dont think there will be network problem in that area. RGSM is economical than Vodafone. But Vodafone has one the best networks in Mumbai. Trump, I would not recommend. Nokia 101 is good enough but have no experience so cannot comment.

I would rather go for RGSM as it is recommended by the aid and also you will be having backup SIM. You have to see others convenience when you are dependent on them. Also changing number/service provider (using MNP) is not big issue.

Edited by csmart
  • Like 1

Have shifted home to Bandra East WEH and I am finding that RGSM gives me 6-7 Mbps at home while Vodafone remains on Edge most of the time

Though, just on the other side of the WEH, both give me 4-5 Mbps speeds.

Reliance GSM network is very poor in mumbai,one of my cousin is using it....i would suggest u to port to vodafone it is considered best network in mumbai.

Edited by ashish_1985

hey ashish ji thanks .. but i am really confuse now ... vodafone or reliance? :nerves:

i know vodafone is one of the best but costly so i am planning to recharge every month myself

my friend have already picked up nokia 101 locally as i am not in mumbai currently

i need to take decision about vodafone or reliance gsm prepaid once i am back ...

but mind say reliance GSM, as chirag perfectly rightly said "You have to see others convenience when you are dependent on them."

thanks a lot guys

Vaibhav

i guess till next week confusion will continue .. :)

An update on RGSM and Pune.

Was there last weekend and got a very poor reception with my Kolkata number. Dropped calls aplenty near Saras Baug and Osho Ashram. My Vodafone number was running strong though.

Mama ji, from day-1 to till date R-GSM is very poor in Pune.....

Except for the most economical, there is nothing to mention about RGSM...

Economical to china ke mobile bhi hote hai, network to strong hi hona chahiye !!

• Like 2

^^^^^

Even in areas where RGsm signals are stronger, the clarity of voice calls will be horrible.. Even BSNL voice calls are less horrible than RGsm calls, I have checked in Nagpur (MS), Raipur (MP+CG -- RTL 900MHz area, but still), Sivakasi (TN)...

I would like other forum members to know this Reliance GSM coverage issue in Pune my relatives are facing.

They always complaint that Reliance GSM network is highly unreliable in their area. Exact location is Near Amanora Mall, in Hadapsar, Pune.

See attached picture, wherein most of the towers are located near Pune station & around. In Hadapsar, there seems to be no GSM tower of reliance.

post-5509-0-27524400-1376814321_thumb.pn

Can this be true ? I mean, have they only got license for the city or it is strategy to serve only city ?

Any idea, if this can be a SIM card problem also ?

Hope to get some idea on this. Any more details are required, let me know.

Looking at the posts in this thread, the Gargoyle suggests a quick port-out of the R-GSM network. Economics is a good argument, but a mobile network should be able to meet its primary obligation - connect a voice call !!!

• Like 1

thanks chirag for reply .. its 'All saints home' ... nr sales tax office..

her aid staff suggested reliance may be due to closeness of reliance gallery

even i was thiking about vodafone (or trumph for lowest call charges) .. is nokia 101 is gud enough..

thanks

vaibhav

I had bought Nokia 101 for my wife. The voice volume is really PATHETIC. the volume is so low that she has to ask the caller to repeat the sentence many times. I tried changing the speaker twice but with no difference in the voice quality. The mobile repairer told me that the phones hardware does not support the voice loudness so any speaker installed will give the same output. Ditto with my Micromax C115.

^^ Thanks Dr. for your reply and quick practical review but Already got Nokia 101 ... tested for cpl of hrs before handing over to person to deliver.. just hoping it a loud enough for user (my teacher) .

its loud enough for normal user, but main issue is R-GSM,

It was bad , it is bad, and it will remain bad (if R pepole dont take care)

Edited by ::Hitesh::
  • Like 2

Thanks Hitesh ji that's comforting,

it currently have Rgsm and aircel prepaid sims in it, i know both are not known for good network.

planning to port one of the no to vodafone when i visit next time.

I want to shift from R cdma to R gsm. I spend half a week in Mumbai and the other half in Boisar which is 90 kms away. I want to know if the gsm network and call quality of Reliance is as good as the cdma.

I want to shift from R cdma to R gsm. I spend half a week in Mumbai and the other half in Boisar which is 90 kms away. I want to know if the gsm network and call quality of Reliance is as good as the cdma.

don't switch to gsm

tapped from DNA

RGSM is the worst network. Never think of it..

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

you are the bravest person I ever seen !!! moving to R-GSM that too after reading this topic (hoping that your have read before posting) ;P

• Like 2

I am not sure if aircel has network in Maharashtra but if you are on the nasty, notorious and weak Reliance gsm then you can take advantage of the much stronger aircel. They both have official tie up to share 2g network for all India.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Now a days Rcom Mumbai users can latch on to Tata Docomo while roaming in Mh circle

Edited by vicky2089

I am not sure if aircel has network in Maharashtra but if you are on the nasty, notorious and weak Reliance gsm then you can take advantage of the much stronger aircel. They both have official tie up to share 2g network for all India.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Aircel has network but not gud. V can say in par with rgsm

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk