Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dhruvdeshmukh

Are Lenovo CDMA phones available now?

Lenovo in Feb announced that the will be releasing CDMA+GSM phones in India - Source

Are the phones already here?

Recently my Dad went to a Lenovo store and there he was shown a handset which was Dual Sim. So I asked him to visit again and get more details. Today he visited it again and noted down the phone names and prices.

Lenovo Mobiles

Models Price
---------- -------------
A60+ Rs. 6500/-
S560 Rs. 14499/-

P700i Rs. 11800/-
S880 Rs. 16990/-
S890 Rs. 18800/-
Now on checking on reputed sites I see that most of them are Dual Sim GSM phones, but still Lenovo Store employees claim them to be otherwise. All the above phones are having a real good spec and very attractive price points.
Does anybody have any further information on the phones that CDMA+GSM phones Lenovo plans to release?

AFAIK Lenovo's CDMA_EVDO+GSM_2G phones are coming with Reliance. Now if Rcom makes delay, Lenovo has to !

From different websites it seems that P700 and s880 are cdma+gsm. Strangely, Lenovo's own website is silent on this. It simply says "dual sim".

The best idea would be to check at the store after inserting both the sim.

Not sure why Lenovo is not advertising this clearly when there is a ready market for such handsets

Sent from my XT800 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by MOBILE FAN

P700i is dual standby GSM only. I checked it myself. Cannot tell about other models.

The problem is that they have only boxed models and not open models. Also I highly doubt them to allow us to put sims in as usually inserting sim means that the warranty period for the phone has started. I have been also told that in reputed stores that have sample phones on display, they box the phone and sell it to buyers if they are very keen to buy it and that given model is out of stock with them.

AFAIK, none of the handsets mentioned in this topic is CDMA. Some websites/sales people misunderstand WCDMA mentioned in specs (which is a moniker for GSM 3G) as CDMA which is wrong and then the confusion starts.

• Like 1

I think one has to wait until V6700 is sold out. After that Rcom will introduce Lenovo sets in their stores and simultaneously it may be available in Lenov stores also.

• Like 1

Dear all,

Look out the link

http://www.chinatronic.com/products.php/images/Lenovo-S850e/sid,fe5me360p0ihlppkd14pt8q2g6/image,26921

there is lenovo Dual SIM CDMA (EVDO) & GSM(2G)

These models were supposed to be rolled out in March.March is done so is April just wondering if by chance they meant March 2014 or later.All CDMA models are available world wide except in India.Wonder if this scenario will ever change at all

Configuration of the phone is really disappointing, they should have to give atleast 1 GB RAM, now only interesting thing to know is its price.

Thanks Aalok for sharing the link, Rs. 9499 is another disappointment. I dont realize why companies put high price tag on (officially released) android CDMA phones which carries very low configuration.

^^^

If they put low price, every one thinks its cheap phones,

also they want to earn more per handset, rather than selling it to mass...

(lol its my version)

Thanks Aalok for sharing the link, Rs. 9499 is another disappointment. I dont realize why companies put high price tag on (officially released) android CDMA phones which carries very low configuration.

qualcom CDMA radios are expensive in comparison to GSM . nobody deliberately keeps high tag unless it's a flagship model.

I have posted in other thread my recent purchase of Lenovo p780 for 16,750/- great phone at reasonable price.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

The other problem you forget is about royalty that they have to pay to Qualcomm on every CDMA handset sold in India. So this is also one of the reason for higher price. Please note that royalty is not paid when a handset is sold in US.

^^^

Royalty amount is too small, it wont make big difference in price

Royalty amounts are small but companies Mark up 3 to 4 times on bom

I have got A820e this week from china.

Superb specs.

But having tough time rooting it. Still couldnt find a solution for it. Also no google apps.

Sent from my XT800 using Tapatalk 2

lenovo a600e

the ROM is advertised as 4GB..

it's actually only 2GB..

the other 2GB is some kind of an "internal SD card"..

also.. with the actual ROM of 2GB, only around 750 MB is available for apps installation..

Caveat Emptor..

Shame on you.. Lenovo and Reliance.. misleading the customers.. once again.. :mad44::ranting::bash:

ROM is advertised as 4GB

This is true for most of the mobiles... ROM=4gb but user usable is always less

Lenovo a375e is showing on eBay India. Low end Android dual SIM cdma with gsm. Price 7500 and a370e single SIM cdma for 6500.

But no info on official Lenovo India website.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by ::: VA :::