Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
supraket

Motorola Droid 4 Jelly Bean Data Issue

Hi

Just last evening I checked the System Updates on my unrooted Droid 4 and there it was! Upgraded it.

Project Butter lives upto the mark. Works smooth like butter.

The ONLY UGLY issue am facing:

My data from the network is somehow locked, or in short, not working. Visited Vodafone gallery & they checked the settings, which were fine, but still the data is not working. The SIM when inserted on another phone, data works fine.

NEED HELP!

Please, suggest me how I can make the data work on my Droid 4!

Please!

Also, how do I root m Droid 4 on Jelly Bean?

Currently my phone is technically paralyzed because of this issue!

Thank You!! :)

Have you checked the APN settings??? May be the OTA has removed non-verizon apn settings...

If you earlier had root, you must have used OTA Root Keeper to retain root access after OTA. Even for EU.Retail series there is NO root method possible for JB (except retaining via OTA root keeper). So you may have to wait till new method is out.

Yup, checked and rechecked the APN settings. Even confirmed with Vodafone people.

When I was using ICS, the phone was not rooted. No clue if it was rooted or no, before I bought it.

The Vodafone guy said, to him, it seems like the update has blocked the data & that need to get unlock code from Verizon.

I stay in Mumbai. Anyone has any idea who could help me with this ?

Thank You.

this similar thing had happened to me when i had rooted my droid pro/cprt from GB to ICS .

but miraculously after few days the data started working and even i dont know how !

When you go to Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> More -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode, does it show GSM/UMTS selected? If not, try selecting that and then go to access point names & setup APN for vodafone again.

I had put in a friend's SIM who has 3G activated on his number, just to check if it was just 2G error, or something wrong with JB update. It worked smoothly.

Then I inserted back my SIM and 2G started working as well! :)