Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kshah

How reliable is Microsoft Exchange Mail on GSM network, while in National Roaming?

One of my friend is consultant and he roams around all over India for atlleast 20 days in a month. He has to go from major cities to small towns of India to visit various projects his company is looking for. He is COO

He wish to change his BB Torch and want to switch to ANDROID for obvious reasons. Since I am not user of GSM data since years, I am not sure, how reliable GSM data would be while on roaming for Emails.

I have also no idea how GSM guys charge data while in National Roaming on other networks? He is user of Airtel.

Can some one guide me for the same?

I guess he is currently on GSM (Airtel) for his BB Torch also. If he's moving from BB Torch to Android being on same GSM network - it wouldn't make any difference as both BB and Android would be using the same data connections. Android's Exchange sync is equivalent to BB Mail services (supports push mail) - so he can definitely move to Android with similar or better email access. You might want to recommend him a QWERTY android phone.

• Like 1

airtel 2g provides one of the best services while in roaming. While travelling from bhubaneswar to bangalore by train, i found complete network blackout only on 2 occasions and that too for hardly 10 mnts each.

Browsing speed is decent and proper handoff happens.

The same home network data pack works in roaming as well.

and to add to that airtel will very rarely latch to other network.

and instead of android its better to go for lumia phones.

I dont see a problem for that. I upgraded my server and hence migrated to Exchange about 8 months ago. My brother is one of the earliest users of mobile phone. He never had any problem in receiving mails be it on BB or Android (Note 1). He is also travelling about 10 to 12 days a month.

There are settings for syncing (getting mails as push) in android. You need to individually set push mail option for each and every folder that you have in your mail/outlook or whatever you use. Otherwise it will update only INBOX and will get alert for that only while roaming. This is done to save data charges. But it can be easily changed and one time process. I am also now on Vodafone and never had that problem.

I have used AirHell GSM 2G for almost 4 years and the data plan is good and reliable

i have faced only one thing, out of all the states that i have traveled my data was turned off for one day in rajistan upon asking they told me 2g plan that i have is to be used within state limits, but it turned on very next day.

cdcd9e2eabed7ce9d9359acb8d38f0c7.jpeg