Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cooladitya007

Please suggest Android GSM handset within Rs.5k budget

hi every one need a low cost Android mobile with 5k price range.

this mobile will be used as secondary and mainly for multimedia, gaming and internet.

need to buy it within 2-3 days so please suggest ASAP.

thanks

Edited by cooladitya007

Try one of these for 2nd Hand

Xperia mini pro

Xperia mini

Galaxy Ace

Galaxy Y Pro duos

HTC Wildfire

HTC Chacha

HTC Explorer

In that range, go for any Qualcomm Snapdragon based Karbonn mobile - pretty decent and value for money

@astrokidvaibhav thanks but from where i can get these used mobiles?

@mekturk thanks can you please suggest some models?

i liked Karbonn A6 is it a good mobile?

Try Airtyme Picasso

If you want better processor speed Karbonn A1+

Try ebay.in or local classifieds like quikr or olx.. You will get one of these as second hand easily..

used motorola xprt available @ Rs. 4499.

am not sure, mentioning link of another forum is allowed.. PM me for details..

tappa-talking from droid razr..

thanks for replying guys but want to go for new mobile only.

If you want new only then try Micromax or Karbonn.. They have some pretty good handsets launched in that price range..

i did some google but unable to find which processor Karbonn A6 has.

i need large screen and good battery backup i am ok with 2g.

Karbonn A6 seems to be a terrible phone. No pinch to zoom, very low storage (104MB) for app installation, possibly no multi touch screen, Chrome browser not installing. Some investigative dudes are even claiming that Karbonn just made some build prop changes to show the android version as ICS but its gingerbread under the hood.

All indian brand androids around 5K budget range does suffer from one drawback or another.

Instead of wasting money & repenting later, increase the budget by Rs 2,200 and consider XOLO A700.

It's the best/balanced mix of specs/features/design/quality one can get at around Rs 7,200 from any indian brand android.

actually i am not going to use this mobile its kind of gift.

and user needs a big display for browsing, gaming and video watching only i know this mobile has some cons but many pros also.

initial budget was 4k only but i guess i will get Karbonn A6 for approx 4.5k so i find it best mobile within my budget. but i am still open to other mobiles in similar price range.

@rajan ji can you please compare between Karbonn A6 and Micromax smarty 4.3 A65

@mekturk thanks can you please suggest some models?

If you're fine with 3.5-inch screen (iPhone screen size until iPhone 5) - then Huawei Ascend Y210D -pretty good phone within your budget and Huawei is one of the top 5 smartphone manufacturer in the world! I've myself used many Huawei phones - from cheap feature phones and smartphones - really good quality.

Also, I would recommend you to stay away from the GSM+GSM (Dual-SIM, no 3G) phones in this price range, as that particular chipset (1/1.2GHz Cortex-A5 with dual-SIM GSM) is brand new chinese chipset and not quite known for good quality and stable software.

If you're fine with 3.5-inch screen (iPhone screen size until iPhone 5) - then Huawei Ascend Y210D -pretty good phone within your budget and Huawei is one of the top 5 smartphone manufacturer in the world! I've myself used many Huawei phones - from cheap feature phones and smartphones - really good quality.

Also, I would recommend you to stay away from the GSM+GSM (Dual-SIM, no 3G) phones in this price range, as that particular chipset (1/1.2GHz Cortex-A5 with dual-SIM GSM) is brand new chinese chipset and not quite known for good quality and stable software.

You asked him to stay away and the one you suggested above has 1 GHz Cortex A5 processor with Dual-SIM facility.

You asked him to stay away and the one you suggested above has 1 GHz Cortex A5 processor with Dual-SIM facility.

The one I asked to stay away is Dual-GSM - no 3G. This is the chinese chipset.

The one I suggested is Dual-SIM GSM+3G. This is Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 - there is a difference. :)

sorry for late update but i bought Karbonn A6 it has some cones but still i find it value for money mobile under 5k.

screen quality and viewing angles are great touch is not that good no pinch to zoom so no multi touch.

sound quality is ok but camera is very poor at night but at day time its not bad.

phone works smooth almost no lag.

and looks are just great so user is more then happy and got compliments from many people.

A9+ is a good mobile with almost all feature but i wanted to save maximum and bought A6 for just Rs.4650.

btw A9+ is available for Rs. 6151 at indiatimes.com

how about:

andriod4, dual sim, dual camera, flash for rs. 6.5 k?
it seems decent

A9+ is good - dual-core Qualcomm chipset - if you wait, you can get good deals for ~6K, awesome phone for that price!

how about:

andriod4, dual sim, dual camera, flash for rs. 6.5 k?
it seems decent

A9+ is good - dual-core Qualcomm chipset - if you wait, you can get good deals for ~6K, awesome phone for that price!

ok, i'll wait but where can you get this for rs. 6 k?

^^^ Get from Indiatimes for 6151 like Aditya suggested - or wait and look for deals / coupons on ebay and other online sites.