Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chirag

Creative Re-use Of Waste Cds

Got tonnes of Waste CDs with me. Any creative ideas for re-using them? i'm not talking abt Re-using them as usable CDs, but some creative ideas to use them in any other way.

an example of which can be found here. Check out the 14 designs!

I liked the idea of making it into a Beautiful-looking Watch. Has anybody ever tried it?

Any more ideas?

I give it to neighbourhood kids to play around!!!

Yeh Vishal, i liked those ideas as well.

Infact i plan to make some similar things or think upon some more ideas and then give it to frenz!

Infact if u know abt our Newsletter VOW, i am trying out some ways to make these CDs into a rack for keeping VOW in the Shops in our neighbourhood.

If any of u can provide such more ideas, do post here!

use it as a reflector to make solar cooker or water heater. I made one small water heater. Ofcourse its more or less like manufacturing someething and time consuming but it gives satisfaction of making something useful out of waste.

:( Chirag, nice post....try this...

CDs make perfect wheels. connect two cds with a pen/cil thro the holes and u got a nice little wheely thing :)

wheelcd2in.jpg

get two pairs like this and u got a '4 wheel drive' ;)

u might also wanna try sticking 2,3 cds together to get a ...errm... 'broader wheelbase'

what all u gonna build on top of these 4 wheels is upto u..let loose ur imagination... train_engine, car, van, truck...u c what i mean rite - ANYTHING on wheels

what all u gonna build on top of these 4 wheels is upto u..let loose ur imagination... train_engine, car, van, truck...u c what i mean rite -  ANYTHING on wheels

30367[/snapback]

Thats good redshift!. Even i like to reuse waste items. Had it been folppies, i would have made a box for keeping stationery or as a dust bin. And Kshah, were u able to heat the water?? One popular use of waste cds in our country is to hang them behind cycles and auto rickshaws :( . I would use the cd to reflect sunlight into my neighbours house and at the passerbys :)

The speaker looks great!!

yes, I could heat water, ofcourse when used originally punched CD, I had to make parabolic wooden base and then fixed about 30 CD's. All were provided support of 4 springs and adjuster nut so that it can be focused on small heat exchanger (it was tank of water geyser, instant) with water in and out. In first attempt it can increase temperature by about 15 Deg C at 3 liter per minute rate. Later I could not conduct further trials because of time constrains, I did this about year and a half.

keep up the good work, hitmoments ;) ...professional dreamer :D:D - i like that...

is there a cd somewhere in that speaker_setup ?...jus wonderin

keep up the good work, hitmoments ;) ...professional dreamer :D:D - i like that...

is there a cd somewhere in that speaker_setup ?...jus wonderin

30530[/snapback]

well buddy there is no CD in the speaker setup but i think i got to try the CD idea of yours with the speaker set

thanks for the idea :D will post the speaker setup wit CD now stay tuned ;)

;):D no, no dude... dont add cds just for the sake of it. The speaker is beautiful, on its own...

keep in touch

yes, I could heat water, ofcourse when used originally punched CD, I had to make parabolic wooden base and then fixed about 30 CD's. All were provided support of 4 springs and adjuster nut so that it can be focused on small heat exchanger (it was tank of water geyser, instant) with water in and out.  In first attempt it can increase temperature by  about 15 Deg C at 3 liter per minute rate. Later I could not conduct further trials because of time constrains, I did this about year and a half.

30521[/snapback]

Thats cool!! I will work on it. It would be even cooler if u could attach its photo. Please try to attach one no, it will be of tremendous help. The only thing is that i donot have enough waste cds. I will ask my friends for it.

And hit moments, does that speaker of yours work or is it a show piece??

hit moments, does that speaker of yours work or is it a show piece??

30601[/snapback]

hey they are not just showpiece they are alive and speak sing dance and give you the relaxing time also :P yes they are working and connected to old FM radio and tape amplifier :unsure: come over anytime to listen to them u will luv the way they sing ;)

Thats good redshift!. Even i like to reuse waste items. Had it been folppies, i would have made a box for keeping stationery or as a dust bin. And Kshah, were u able to heat the water?? One popular use of waste cds in our country is to hang them behind cycles and auto rickshaws :P . I would use the cd to reflect sunlight into my neighbours house and at the passerbys  :grin:

30370[/snapback]

hey that reminds me of using CD for the Light house part on the sea...or maybe some very artistic way to reflect powerfull light on screen and create a painting on wall or maybe the cd can reflect the light in such a way that it creates a digital paintin on the wall...who will like to work on this idea of projecting light with lots of CD on wall and creating wonderfull painting...great idea man need to be developed more...