Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
bidsar.k

How To Get MIN Number From Reliance?

Hello RimWebians,

I have just bought a new iPhone 4 CDMA which has been configured to work on reliance using the Jailbreak method (replacing the carrier.prl using an iPhone explorer)

The only thing i want to know here is that how do i get the MIN number from reliance.? Actually i have researched a little bit about how to make the phone work on the Reliance and i came across the following lines a couple of times:

1. Dial ##626

2. Enter SPC - 000000

3. Enter MDN - Which is my reliance phone number

4. Enter MIN

I don't know how to get my MIN number from reliance. I called the customer care they said they don't know what it is and for that matter i will have to visit the web world.

I visited the web world and asked one of the representatives, and he said that all they know is MAPPING and can only transfer my number from one handset to another if BOTH THE DEVICES ARE PRODUCED.

What i have heard is that you can get the MIN number easily from Reliance and all they need to transfer my number from one handset to another, is the RSN number (which is the MEID in this case).

I am really confused. Kindly help me experts.

Edited by bidsar.k

ask the person who have registered your rsn no with reliance. he can easily provide you the min no. and using cdma tools for iphone he will provide you the spc code.

Thank you Keshav for the reply.

Actually i know the SPC code (000000) as i tried to manually program the phone using ##626 and got past the SPC and MDN screens.

I tried to contact the seller and he said all you need to produce is the RSN, to the Reliance guys. On requesting for the MIN, he said once you apply for transferring your number to your iPhone the Web World guys will give you the MIN. However, on asking the Reliance representative, he said he does not know anything about MIN and all he could do is MAP the iPhone to work with Reliance.

I searched a little bit and came to know that one can get the MIN number for an older device. In my case i have a Blackberry 8530/8530 so can i read the MIN from there?

I am really confused and the only reason why i need the MIN number is that in case i reflash the stock firmware (just in the worst of the cases) i do not want to get back to the seller as he might wanna charge me for reprogramming the device - which i think is nothing but a child's play (i am talking about replacing the PRL, and not making work EVDO/data using CDMATool)

One more thing that i didn't understand is that the seller only gave me the iPhone and does not configure it (he did not dial ##626 to enter the MDN etc) and all he said was to produce the RSN to the Reliance guys. Whereas when i researched a bit about this, i came to know one has to enter the MIN and A-Key in order to make Phone calls and Messaging work.

Hope you ca throw some light on this. It is really confusing.

You cant get MIN from CC or WebWorld

ask your seller to help you out, he can get you details.

have you got your RSN retained ??

hI0sz.jpg

Edited by Genius

RSN Retained ??? or MDN Retained ???

• Like 1

If you have your reliance cdma sim you can insert it in samsung galaxy pop cdma phone. Your min will show in settings about phone status.

• Like 2

i had the same problem

just get Nokia CDMA handset

insert ur Old CDMA sim of that same number which is ur iPhone number.

then dial *3001#12345# in nokia cdma

then,Menu will open then select NAM1

and then select MIN (there is a MIN no.)

note that number

^ OP has clearly mentioned the he has blackberry 8530 & that is a SIMless device...<br /><br />tappa-talking from droid razr..<br /><br />

you can read MIN no by dialing ##000000(##SPC if it's sprint) on your Blackberry 8530.

Dear Friends,

I also need to find MIN number for my newly taken reliance cdma prepaid RUIM card. Unfortunately, I don't have Nokia handset available with me & only Samsung Muzic and LG 6210.

I am sure that on Samsung / LG handset it is possible to find this, but I don't know the code. Can any expert help me with this.

My BB9330 is registered with reliance & reliance has activated it on their system, but since MIN number is not available, this phone is not able to connect to network (*333 works, *228001 doesn't work). it shows network signal also.

Please, help.

Thanks for the the replies friends. I searched and searched and came to know about a tool called CDMADevTerm.

I connected by blackberry, fired up the tool, selected the port, and hit the Read button. And all the MIN, MDN, and other details were there.

One question though, does the MIN number remain the same irrespective of how many handsets you change?

Thanks in advance

Kashish

<< off topic removed >>

• Like 2

:previous:

Nice find. Link for CDMADevTerm is here

https://code.google.com/p/cdmaworkshoptool/downloads/list

Thanks for the the replies friends. I searched and searched and came to know about a tool called CDMADevTerm.
I connected by blackberry, fired up the tool, selected the port, and hit the Read button. And all the MIN, MDN, and other details were there.

Kashish

<< off topic removed >>

Can you let us know if this works on windows 7, 64 bit ?

Edited by silent_god
  • Like 1

Thanks for that. And sorry for not posting the link.

I have one more question - I have transferred all my contacts from Blackberry to the iPhone but when a person calls me (the contact is already stored in the address book) only the number shows up in the call logs without the Assigned names.

This is really annoying as my father will be using the iPhone for a couple of days and he has already started complaining about the issue. Is there a workaround?

One question though, does the MIN number remain the same irrespective of how many handsets you change?

yes..

tappa-talking from droid razr..

Solution

Solution for finding MIN number is available - with registered BB9330

(After various trials/error, I have been able to find MIN number of new RUIM card, who's MDN number was transferred on registered BB9330). With my little knowledge of technology I have understood something, which may require validation, as I don't claim that I know complete fundamentals of back end processes (like OTAP, etc etc).

1) BB9330 was once already registered with reliance & another MDN was used on it, so while pressing ##SPC then call, I was able to read MIN number. That MIN number was associated with previous MDN number.

2) Now, while trying to call *228, call fails, since reliance network finds a valid MIN number present in the phone & OTA transmission of MIN number is not done. Hence, phone remains non-working condition.

3) After dialing ##SPC, we can manually change MIN number, but it doesn't take any random number (like 99999999, or 0000000). since system checks if MIN number is valid or not (over the air). Hence, on phone it is not possible to change MIN. A phone specific issue is possible, since I tried changing the same, after putting the phone in airplane mode (no network to read), but then also it did not allowed to change MIN.

4) To overcome this, we can use any software like CDMA WS or other to manually change this MIN either to 99999999 or any random number.

5) I have used above tool CDMADevTerm (Thanks to Kashish Bidsar for this great find) to manually change MIN number to 9999999999. MIN is a 10 digit number.

6) This tool does this job beautifully & it is simple as well. It works on 64 bit, Windows 7 as well.

7) After this MIN is changed to 9999999, when phone is started networks immediately recognizes that MIN number in this phone is not a valid one & hence, now when we dial *228001 (that's for BB), it allows to go further & sends valid MIN number over the air.

So, my conclusion is MIN number is sent by network OTA, ONLY when it finds invalid MIN number in the phone. If network finds that MIN number is valid, then *228 doesn't yield any result.

Hope, this helps other. I know that finding MIN number is relatively easy with Nokia cdma handsets, but unfortunately, finding nokia cdma itself is a big task (even bigger than finding MIN :) )

Edited by silent_god

Recently, I have found 'another' method to find MIN number from a RUIM card. If Nokia handset is not available or a smartphone.

I have just used an unlocked MTS dongle EC122, which I use for laptop internet.

Just insert your RUIM Card in this dongle & software Mobile Partner will start automatically.

then, in settings you can select diagnostic, where few parameters related to RUIM card will be visible. Like sms numbers etc.

Here you will find an IMSI number. which is ia 15 digit number. Last 10 digits are actaully MIN number associated with this RUIM card.

I have checked with another smartphone user & my own RUIM card, (whos number, I transfered to my HTC Rhyme, by entering MIN number found from this method).

Guru's please, correct if this is not the case always !!

• Like 4

will manually changing the MIN help in getting OTA for an phone already retaining a dead mdn to a different mdn...is cdmadevterm available as of now