Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dev997

HTC One on Sprint - World phone

Hello Friends and Gurus

I am desperately trying to get my hands on HTC one last couple of days and have discovered few things. First of all as of now apart from developer/unlocked edition which is selling north of 800$ , we have two options i.e ATT and Sprint

ATT model is perfect for one who solely intend to use it for GSM purpose as third-party sites have already started providing unlock codes for it. however i have also heard that all pieces which are currently shipping and will be in near future will have a locked bootloader and its nearly impossible unlocking them soon as HTCDEV site doesn't support it nor XDA have a xploit for it. So for ppl like me who root and flash roms as soon as they get hands on a droid, should be aware.

This now brings me to Sprint model. They are slighly cheaper than ATT model to get and I have read in forums that sprint ppl claim that its a world phone as it has a sim-slot for sprint's LTE sim (confirmed by various famous forums) however only way to activate it so that you can use it for gsm purposr outside states is first contact sprint and get them to unlock it, just like the iphone. Also I have heard that sprint models as of now have unlocked bootloader, so good for developers/flashers.

So , my queries are:

1. What is the feasibility of flashing RCDMA on Sprint HTC One ? As its a qualcomm chip, I have hopes.

2. Does anyone have more info about world phone capabilities of Sprint HTC one??

Gsmarena says its world phone. But there will be a masking on radio firmware. Carriers have been doing this for a while now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Gsmarena says its world phone. But there will be a masking on radio firmware. Carriers have been doing this for a while now

So if I get this , will there be a software enforced method to get gsm working ?

• Like 1

Do you think devs will stay at ease without making it work? really?

• Like 1

Do you think devs will stay at ease without making it work? really?

Yeah.. u are right mate... thanks ... I'll get one asap

So if I get this , will there be a software enforced method to get gsm working ?

same is for LG optimus, the one u had for sale a few days back. it is also capable of being a world phone. There will not be a software enforced but a few tweaks in NV can help with the world phone capabilities. VZW S3 is also a world phone but unfortunately after a few months they disabled it.

One beinf one of the premium phones, there is a high probability of devs to get it working...

:previous:

Optimus G on sprint doesn't have a sim-slot however HTC one do have one which uses sprints LTE sim. I'm not really sure how many bands that slot support for GSM but its there. However I have heard that all models irrespective of the carrier are inherrently same for HTC one just like the iphone 5,so it might have most frequency bands supported.

I'm in contact with a guy who is in sprint global support and he will let me know if gsm is unlocked for international use out of the box.

Will keep you updated

Sorry, havent checked the LG Optimus phone in hand or did more research other than gsmarena.

Here is the gsmarena link which says it supports all four GSM frequency. May be they have did the way Photon q was done, having gsm capabilities but does not have a sim card.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_g_ls970-4751.php

same is for LG optimus, the one u had for sale a few days back. it is also capable of being a world phone. There will not be a software enforced but a few tweaks in NV can help with the world phone capabilities. VZW S3 is also a world phone but unfortunately after a few months they disabled it.

One beinf one of the premium phones, there is a high probability of devs to get it working...

NV is not always the culprit of locking modes and everything. In optimus g, the main issue is the radio itself. And you cannot just make a radio image and flash that. I'm posting this so that members can avoid doubtful phones which gsmarena claims as worldphone/mini sim support etc.

But if radio.img is not easy to make or modify, what choices do we have other than nv or programming using third party softwares? Certainly, these days its becoming more and more complicated to mask off the programming in handsets

OK.. This official page explains all : http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one/#specs

As you can see sprint version supports 900/1800 band for 2/2.5G and 2100 band for 3G/UMTS upto 14.4mbps.

Also guys from xda confirmed that its pre-unlocked for overseas use provided your bandwidth is supported.

Howver I went for a ATT one to be on the safer side.. ;)

What price did you get it?

It will cost me around 30-31 k in hand.. its with bill and all box packed with invisi-shield full body skin

It will cost me around 30-31 k in hand.. its with bill and all box packed with invisi-shield full body skin

Good pricing...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Good pricing...

Thanks.. I will try to get a sprint one too soon for sale here if anyone's interested.

Thanks.. I will try to get a sprint one too soon for sale here if anyone's interested.

I'm interested... I hope the cdma works fine... Evdo and all???... Whats the price??

^
consider sold if you are getting one for sale (silver)

• Like 1

I'm interested... I hope the cdma works fine... Evdo and all???... Whats the price??

Not sure about the programming as its not my strong suite.. I do believe though that it would be world phone with both CDMA and GSM working on single standby if our great guru's put a little time and effort in this.

PM me for the price and offers. I will only buy if I have a confirmed order as its an expensive handset.

31k in hand? Nice price. I read global GSM unlocked version is being sold for 575$. So, shipping & customs would be additional.

My friend paid 7k towards both for his order on Clove UK.

31k in hand? Nice price. I read global GSM unlocked version is being sold for 575$. So, shipping & customs would be additional.

My friend paid 7k towards both for his order on Clove UK.

Thanks !

GSM unlocked version retails for 649$ but due to high demand and less supply they are sellng over 700-750 easy these days. Even the ATT version I purchased is for 599 sim free.

Hello Gurus,

So I have purchased a sprint htc one and have got the gsm unlocked for it by help from the seller and his sprint technician. I wanted to know if RUIM cards can work on it too if we just change the network mode from GSM/UMTS to CDMA/LTE ?

Hello Gurus,

So I have purchased a sprint htc one and have got the gsm unlocked for it by help from the seller and his sprint technician. I wanted to know if RUIM cards can work on it too if we just change the network mode from GSM/UMTS to CDMA/LTE ?

CDMA Wont work on RUIM

Hello Gurus,

CDMA Wont work on RUIM

Thanks alot Parin bhai for confirming this ... cheers

So we can use sprint HTC one over GSM or not ? if yes then how...

Got a Sprint htc One from Hetal. Ordered on the 20th, delivered on the 22nd. Brilliant.

Also, Hetal is really great. I had (still have it) in my Laptop not recognising the Storage Area except for the cache area with software for reloading. He spent two hours on my laptop trying to get it to go, but the drivers are really messed up. I removed all traces of htc using the Registry Editor today, but the problem persists. What is surprising is that my old Wildfire S and new Desire X work(ed) without a hiccup. Maybe LabVIEW and the htc drivers are clashing.

Ultimately, I got the drivers installed on my Desktop which had an OS reinstall six months ago. Everything is kosher. Both units on Win7 - 64 Pro.

I have mistakenly posted the same info on another thread - sorry.

Hetal you are great!

• Like 2