Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mekturk

Best GSM prepaid network + plan for AP/TN Roaming (Voice + Data)?

Hi all,

I'm currently using Uninor for my GSM number in AP circle, got Uninor for the great voice call rates, but growing more and more frustrated with network coverage recently and also there are no roaming plans - so I get huge decrease in balance even for weekend trips. Also, my data seems to be not working in roaming in Tamil Nadu (might be due to non-Uninor circle). Looking seriously to MNP to some other network now:

1. Strictly prepaid - should be present in both AP & TN, presence in KA is a plus
  2. Good voice (both local and std, I generally use 3-months 1p/2s STVs on Uninor) and data plans (2G is sufficient) in home network and good STV for Roaming voice and if possible Roaming data
  3. Decent network coverage in Hyderabad and Chennai

Please suggest network and/or plans/STVs. MNP to CDMA is also an option if the plans are very good.

Thanks,

Mekkie

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm currently using Uninor for my GSM number in AP circle, got Uninor for the great voice call rates, but growing more and more frustrated with network coverage recently and also there are no roaming plans - so I get huge decrease in balance even for weekend trips. Also, my data seems to be not working in roaming in Tamil Nadu (might be due to non-Uninor circle). Looking seriously to MNP to some other network now:

1. Strictly prepaid - should be present in both AP & TN, presence in KA is a plus
  2. Good voice (both local and std, I generally use 3-months 1p/2s STVs on Uninor) and data plans (2G is sufficient) in home network and good STV for Roaming voice and if possible Roaming data
  3. Decent network coverage in Hyderabad and Chennai

Please suggest network and/or plans/STVs. MNP to CDMA is also an option if the plans are very good.

Thanks,

Mekkie

Dear Member,

In Ap, In Reliance, In prepaid NO ROAMING PACKS. If you interested in RCDMA Postpaid, one Retention plan 'DSWT399' having in which

2000 free incoming roaming minits only. Afterthat 50p per minit. All Roaming outgoing is only 50p. Local All 30p & STD All 50p. And having

400 Local & National SMS free per month. After that both SMS were 50p. Rent=399, Free usage=300. There is a possibility to add Rs.100

extra free upto 6 months and can be renewed further if you have a good usage.

You can add a data pack of 1GB per month at Rs.94 (But be careful, if you crossed 1GB, then your charges per MB is Rs.10.24) And you

can add various SMS Packs and all local R 2 R unlimited free with only Rs99 pack

airtel

As far as Andhra Pradesh cirle is concerned

I am using Vodafone since nearly 8 years

Quite happy with Tariff ( voice,sms,data)

Network is very good in cities and towns( not a traveller in Rural areas- so cant comment)

My Tariff is

Rs 48 ( 1p/2s local and std - first 60 seconds charged 1.2p/1sec)-6 months

Rs 29( vodafone to vodafone local- 1p/6s)-3months

Rs 21(1p sms -local and national) -30days

Roaming- I dont know the exact denomitnation ( Rs 56 or Rs 57) Incoming - Rs 1 ,

Rs 143- 1.5gb -28 days

Go for Aircel.... It has now FREE roaming incoming (Roaming Incoming FREE, Roaming outgoing 1p/sec) plans... It has 3G licenses in AP, TN, KA... Its number one in TN incl Chennai and OK in KA, AP since you need coverage in city only it will be best for you...

Further their 3G plans are much better like Rs247 1GB 3G + Unlimited 2G...

• Like 1

Thanks all for the suggestions. Going through different plan details of Vodafone, Aircel and Airtel.

U can choose aircel.<br /><br />Its having best coverage in TN.<br /><br />Recently intrdocued one nation one rate plan.<br /><br />Stv 25-30 and all local std and roaming outgoing at. Just 1p/sec.<br /><br />Roaming incoming free.<br /><br />All pocket internet 2g and 3g plan are very cheap.<br /><br />Like stv198, 1 gb data at 3g speed then unlimted at 2g speed.<br /><br />Or u can convert it into <br /><br />Aircel sub- brand.<br /><br />Visit simpossible.in for details.<br /><br />Stv210, gets 500mb 3g data. Then unlimted with 400min local+ 100min std+3000 sms free.<br />Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

Well. I have used both TATA DOCOMO (CDMA and GSM), Reliance CDMA, Idea! and AirTel. I am in Hydeabad.

• When it comes to GSM, AirTel is best here.
  • When it comes to signal strength and voice clarity, TATA CDMA beats all.

AirTel has godd coverage here, customer service is quite good. SMS Plans and special talk time plans are quite expensive though. Every SMS or special talk time plan is double priced as compared to Idea. I left both Idea and Reliance because signal used to keep on dropping. TATA DOCOMO GSM has worst coverage of all. I liked TATA DOCOMO CDMA best of all put together, amazing coverage, awesome voice clarity, cheap plans, cheap call rates, cheap message and cheap special talktime plans, cheap 2G internet and customer selvice is not that bad (better than Idea and Reliance). Unfortunetly, you don't find much CDMA handsets in market. Go to flipkart, click on mobile section and 500 handsets will be shown. Just select CDMA from side-filters and handset numbers drop to 5 or 10, out of those only 2-3 will be to your liking.

My son going to stay at IIT Madras for 5 years (B.Tec and M.Tec). He is using tatadocomo prepaid in Hyderabad. He do not want to loose the phone Number. Now suggest me which cellular company is the best coverage and best roaming incoming free

(I am contemplating to take a reliance CDMA 4999 in Chennia with unlimited plan and need not bother about outgoing calls).

My effort is he should get good voice coverage at IIT on roaming and I should get good roaming incoming STV.

Before leaving Hyderabad, I want Use MNP and give that SIM. (GSM only as his phone is iPhone 4 GSM)

Gurugopal

Sir ji... If only roaming is the thing you need, then BSNL prepaid is one option.. Its 199 roaming plan has Unlimited Roaming Incoming FREE and calls are at 1.5p/sec home and roam... 3G packs will also be working in TN...