Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Medicinal Facts and Alternates

Hi, this is great information i came across... in our country medicines are usually prescribed (by our doctors) by brand name and not by the generics (ingredients). Hence we often end up paying more money for the same medicine...

Follow these few steps to know more and start saving on your medical bills. Refer to the attached screen shots.

1. Log on to www.medguideindia.com

2. Click on 'Drugs'

3. Click on 'Brand'

4. Type the brand name which you are using e. g., Metocard XL (50 mg). The site will also help you with drop down menu. Click on 'Search'

5. Click on 'Generics'. It will display the ingredients of the tablet.

6. Click on 'matched brands'

7. Don't be surprised to see that same drug is available at very low cost also. And that to by other reputed

manufacturer. e. g., Metocard XL 50 is for Rs. 64.00 and the same drug by Cipla (Mepol) is available @

Rs. 7.00 only!

post-78870-0-00336100-1366788568_thumb.j

post-78870-0-45797700-1366788579_thumb.j

post-78870-0-50769000-1366788594_thumb.j

post-78870-0-61896900-1366788610_thumb.j

post-78870-0-95383400-1366788623_thumb.j

post-78870-0-21355100-1366788636_thumb.j

post-78870-0-70866700-1366788653_thumb.j

• Like 5

"10000 times stronger killer of CANCER than Chemo"..

The Sour Sop or the fruit from the graviola tree is a miraculous natural cancer cell killer 10,000 times stronger than Chemo.

kills only cancer cells.. It does not harm healthy cells!

Dear DK ji and all Members - i would like to differ from above few statements, i am not a Scientist or Research fellow but with little understanding of medicine i would like to quote few points.

There is nothing as Ramban in medicine or any other branch of healing techniques practiced (recognized or not recognized all branches including spiritual)

If any one is taking any such preparation or juice - please keep on taking prescribed medicine also

Now for this claim (kills only cancer cells.. It does not harm healthy cells!)

Cells in body are floating in a micro environment which is supplied by blood vessel which delivers nutrients to cells, they also deliver medicine. Now how is it possible that only cancer cells are killed without doing any harm, i agree that cancer cells due to their higher metabolic rate and altered genome can die more and faster than normal cells but healthy cells being unharmed - the claim if false

like 100 person in a swimming pool 50 good and 50 kasab like - now you inject a miracle poison in pool that only Kasab like is killed

I do agree that it might be good but limit it as a source of nutrition and addition to treatment and not a sole source of treatment,

all are Strictly my opinion

thumb_big_other_13c7272ffbb23fe2347259dd

• Like 7

Excellent info. Forwarded to couple of people who would find it useful.

Very True. Though I have posted this, all such information should still be taken with a pinch of salt. I was requested to publish this info from a friend who claimed that this thing works. I have NOT tried this personally but he has. And he is suffering from colon cancer.

There is nothing as Ramban in medicine or any other branch of healing techniques practiced (recognized or not recognized all branches including spiritual)

Edited by dkaile

Well I beg to differ. Though I am out of touch with texts and stuff from many years and we are more into what works than how it works in medicine.

But the thing is cancerous cells produce wrong info via the rna thats why they are cancerous and that dustinguishes their footprint from others.

So its possible to selectively target something. It's a broader explanation coz it been 16 years since I used to study pharmacology.

Soursop does have its effects but I believe its more system oriented than general.

And believe me herbal aka ayurveda meds work in entirely different way which is yet to be explained.

sent from my NOTE II, yupp size does matter.

Edited by joshm
  • Like 5

Edit :

though this article is a bit old from 2010 but this tells exactly how this can be achieved

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/09/100906160107.htm

just read the text below the picture ,

• Like 1

Good info. Thanks

Good Info, thanks for sharing...

One of my Uncles was diagnosed with Bone Cancer some 3 to 4 months back and we asked the oncologist whether SourSop juice can be given to him and its effectiveness. He told that you can start the Soursop after 6 months only and not now. He did not vouch for its efficacy and neither he disagreed with the view that SourSop is good for Cancer.

My Uncle was started on chemo therapy. However due to his age and other complications, he passed away last month.

So a number of questions arise, like when should the treatment with Sour Sop begin actually, for how long, and whether to avoid chemo totally? None of the websites or FB pages conatin any reliable information on dosage, usage, course period etc etc.

Most of the doctors wont accept these things as they do not under stand the rationale behind these type of cures. If a new medicine or drug comes, they will without any hesitation start the new drug on the patient.(because they get huge incentives) In your uncle case, the near and dear has to take the decision, since his age and type of decease you could have tried giving the sour soup. Nothing more could have happened than the death if it is given. In most of the cases where medication started, the persons who does not have cancer will survive, those who have cancer will die in most of the cases. The survivors are the persons who are not having cancer. My mother died due to cancer and 4 of my friends died due to cancer. Most of the medication is useless in cancer according to me. It ruins the families because of the cost of the treatment. Patient dies due to cancer and family members will die(not pysically) due to abnormal medical costs. So my humble suggestion is trying this methods will surely improve their condition and nothing harm will be there.

• Like 4

Good info.

Really ayruveda is definetely effective.Though its effects are slow.

My 6 year daughter used to fell ill and we used to take her to doctor atleast twice or thrice in a year.Now for past one and half year we did not needed to take her to doctor.We started using pancha Tulasi, a concentrated natural liquid to be mixed 2 drops with a glass of water.She drinks 3-4 times every week.Also she eats kastur tablets very often.This is supplemented with different fruits

.This is my personal observation.

Taking Ayurveda should be supplemented with the good diet and food habits

Refer post#2 above from @kmc251

That was a great piece of information & when, I shared this with my wife (who is a doctor), it did not appeal to her, saying that any small time (alternate) manufacture's medicine can't be trusted just because it has same generic & lower cost. She also doubted that many of this low cost manufacturers may be manipulating their processes / data in order to arrive at a lowest possible cost.

At first, I didn't agree to it considering the fact that Medicine manufacturing is a serious aspect & Govt must be exercising full control over it, so every manufacture is bound to arrive at certain quality levels before they can sell it into market.

However, recent story of RANBAXY < which was fined by US Govt to the tune of ~2800 Cr. ($ 500 Million), raises serious concern about Indian Drug Manufacturers quality control & integrity. We can't generalize based on one incident, but IF such a reputed (???) company like Ranbaxy can resort to such malpractices, why not other manufacturers ?? Ultimately making money is their prime focus..

A nice article is here on forbes (http://goo.gl/HpNGB) << @ dkaile, you may find it really interesting...

A small exert from the article is here..

"The confidential report laid bare systemic fraud in Ranbaxy's worldwide regulatory filings. It found that "the majority of products filed in Brazil, Mexico, Middle East, Russia, Romania, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, African Nations, have data submitted which did not exist or data from different products and from different countries ..." The company not only invented data but also fraudulently mixed and matched data, taking the best results from manufacturing in one market and presenting it to regulators elsewhere as data unique to the drugs in their markets."

Now, one can connect the pieces easily, why a promoter sold off their own company to Dai-ichi , a Japanese firm, in a all cash deal, a possible doubt point, that promoters knew about this fraud & wanted to get rid of it, without staying there too long..

new buyers have realized it & will take action it seems..http://goo.gl/CZeW1

One question, I still don't get answer is : WHY Indian government is still sleeping over this issue. If Ranbaxy has sold those adulterated drugs to US, then in India, they may be done it without any hesitation.. Probably Govt is wanting some one to file a PIL & then, start it's proceedings or waiting for some stern SC observation...

^

I had posted that blog about Ranbaxy a few days on my Facebook, Twitter and TBhp accounts. Must have forgotten to post here. Yes, its a interesting read and eye opener for all us people especially from the medical field.

• Like 1

I Agree its hard to judge whether to follow this or not... but i think the question itself answers it... "IF SUCH A REPUTED COMPANY ANS RESORT MALPRACTICES WHY NOT OTHER MANUFACTURES... " its all about life... and fate / luck... all we can do is keep good hope or say try to be as healthy as possible so that WE DON'T NEED ANY KIND OF MEDICINE to be a victim of some mistake / fraud prevention is better than cure... :)

JIYO JEE BHAR KE !!... :rockon:

all the very best for good health / life... :thumbup:

However, recent story of RANBAXY < which was fined by US Govt to the tune of ~2800 Cr. ($ 500 Million), raises serious concern about Indian Drug Manufacturers quality control & integrity. We can't generalize based on one incident, but IF such a reputed (???) company like Ranbaxy can resort to such malpractices, why not other manufacturers ?? Ultimately making money is their prime focus..

^^^

It is eye opener indeed..

But, I am surprised to see that Indian Media has been totally avoiding highlighting this issue any further.. They are busy providing feeds of repetitive clips of sree420 bowling in IPL match, with his towel tucked in his pants.

Satyam, Kingfisher, Ranbaxy & there are so many others who have not got caught..in India. Suppose, we had systems / ethical levels of US/Europe, then, most of our country's revenue would have been accrued by various fines on many many such companies & we never had to pay taxes..

^

There are many lacunas in Indian laws. We also have to take into consideration that India is NOT the US of A. The quality of healthcare on the street and small towns and villages is not hidden from anybody. I have seen mostly quacks treating patients in hundreds of villages and small towns I have visited. I have seen them treating patients with horrendous techniques which would be punishable by law in most developed countries. But then we realise that if these people are taken out from the equation then who will give the people of these remote places healthcare facilities? The Government?? Forget it. They just don't have the infrastructure or finances to provide basic healthcare facilities to the general populous. These small doctors are the only hope for a vast majority of India.

Now lets come to the drug manufacturers. Most manufacturers I know provide and manufacture good quality medicines. I have a theory in my factory that we will produce only those medicines which I can give blindly to my own children. Still the government, in the last few years, under pressure from some very big multinationals, is making laws very tougher for the small scale drug manufacturers. I have been producing medicines since the last 32 years without quality issues. But now the government wants that slowly all SSI Pharma manufacturers should shut shop and disappear. They are trying to implement US standard laws in a totally un-US kind of country. Where the government is NOT ready to provide us US level of infrastructure and corruption free environment BUT still wants manufacturing facilities, drug trials and unnecessary research studies of US levels. This is all a plot from many big US based Pharma giants to discredit and finish off local Indian manufacturers. And Ranbaxy can also be pawn in that. If they can discredit a big player like Ranbaxy then what hope do 100's of small drug manufacturers like us have? Once they finish off our type of small manufacturers, they will rule the drug market and you all will have to purchase only drugs from US manufacturers. And slowly but steadily they will increase prices to US levels in the lack of any competition from domestic players and very soon you will be paying 10 times more for your healthcare needs then what you are paying today.

Do give this side of the story also a thought...

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

What @dkaile said is true for the most businesses and traders. This govt is so obsessed with US that it is willing to do everything and anything to please them. One side they promote SMEs on other side the policies are such that it becomes practically impossible for SMEs to operate. Recent example of the same is LBT issue in Maharashtra.

Coming back to the issue, days are not far when we will not get generic drugs due to govt policies. Correct me if I am wrong.

^

There are many lacunas in Indian laws. We also have to take into consideration that India is NOT the US of A. The quality of healthcare on the street

Do give this side of the story also a thought...

This side is equally valid & fact of the matter is I (like may others) had a confidence on medicines by any manufacturer, even though I had never heard the name of company that made it.. Common logic is no company or individual will make / sell inferior products especially medicine, as that will have serious implication on common people & maker of those products may have to face criminal penalty for playing with lives of people..Eventual loss to makers will be far high than short term profit they can expect..

About strategy of big pharma companies to discourage SSI in pharma companies & Govt's inability to protect interest of these industry, I think it is not only restricted to pharma, but many many sectors like textile, toys, electrical/electronics item, chemicals, everywhere Govt has let down SSI by not protecting interest of local manufacturing..

If you exclude perishable items (esp food, groceries etc), go to any shop in most of the cities & more than half of the items available for sell will be Chinese. Short term cost benefit is there, but long term risk is also there. What if, (like example above for USA), after our home grown manufacturing industry is no more in existence & China decided to increase their export items prices by double or triple ? What choices will be there ? Protecting SSI / local manufacturing is not only important from employment perspective, but also a long term risk mitigation. Govt should focus more on increasing competency / cost effectiveness / minimum but effective regulatory hassles for these SSI's.

But, no political party wants to do these non-glamorous activities & instead busy announcing free laptop/tablet/TV etc etc..

Discussion is endless...& has been attempted by many in vain..

• Like 1

@ Dkaile <br /><br />And you thought us drug manufacture has top notch plants and practices? It is a myth. One of my friend manufacturer Parma plants and he shown me photo of pharma company interiors along with Indian companies. Almost no change, but us company was said to have US GMP. where as Indian company was condemned for not having US GMP. <br /><br />I know a person who is close relative of mine is Indian and working with UNO to pursue US medical policies in India