Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Getting 2 way call recording without custom ROM / Kernel - fairly successful

Android lacks call recording especially phones from US. I have heard that many phone having Indian and Chinese background do support call recording out of box. So this brief guide is not for them. However they may find it useful if voice of opposite party is poor.

There was one option of putting phone on speaker phone and then do recording, which is not feasible on many instances.

This solution is not my own research but finding from many tips and reviews posted all across net.

I have tried it on RAZR MAXX, which I believe must be very difficult - being MOTOROLA PHONE

Requirements

Procedure

Install call recorder and ALSA

open ALSA and find setting called STDac

post-842-0-69752000-1367222333_thumb.png

Change value, ensure that it is below maximum value mentioned. I assume higher value may damage HW.

As seen it was 11 in my phone, I increased it to 13 and opposite party voice was audible in recording.

Click option and Save Config.

I am not sure - if it is a routine - but on every reboot, my value revert back to normal.

• Like 6

STDac value in my droid razr shows 13, should i try with 14 coz limit says 0 - 15 ?

Brilliant ! Never thought of trying out through ALSA. Will try this out on Nexus and update. But I think it should work. At least the theory is good.

Have been stuck without good call recording since Palm Treo days.

Was on the verge of buying a 5K bluetooth receiver for this.

Nothing called STDac is found. Plz see...

post-69747-136723233477_thumb.jpg

Triggered from SPH-D710

@nitink, try that is the only way. Even if you make 15 will not make diff as system is designed to handle that value.

@ Amitabh, in past I made JUGAD, I have no photo of it now but what I did was, used ordinary wire handsfree, glued one ear pod on MICROPHONE of it and used one ear pod for listening. That way it become LIKE ON SPEAKER for system. Microphone is receiving opposite party sound. It was fairly successful for me.

• Like 2

@nitink, try that is the only way. Even if you make 15 will not make diff as system is designed to handle that value.

@ Amitabh, in past I made JUGAD, I have no photo of it now but what I did was, used ordinary wire handsfree, glued one ear pod on MICROPHONE of it and used one ear pod for listening. That way it become LIKE ON SPEAKER for system. Microphone is receiving opposite party sound. It was fairly successful for me.

Great. My jugaad was to pair phone bluetooth with Laptop and take call on laptop speaker/mic or on a wired handsfree / Earphone connected to laptop - with sound recorder running.

But it was cumbersome since you can't have laptop everywhere when you need to record.

Also, the jugad doesn't work on my new laptop - probably different bluetooth profiles on this laptop. It just pairs as dial up modem and headphone. This laptop does have a 3G card inside so I have put a sim and can record but then my number is different.

The troubles we go to for missing features........

I'm using call recording successfully in Verizon s3 using call recorder cracked along with default settings of alsa mixer

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry for ignorance, but is this discussion for any special type of call recording ?

I am using Auto Call recorder on my Sprint S2-epic touch with complete satisfaction.. following is the link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appstar.callrecorder#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwiY29tLmFwcHN0YXIuY2FsbHJlY29yZGVyIl0.

I have been using it since a month & it is perfect, as it records both parties voice, quiet clearly. I have observed that my voice is little louder in recording, whereas calling parties voice is little low. However, it is clear & we can make out all conversation.

Also, it records automatically, so once it starts in background, it starts recording whenever call active on phone. It records call on SD card & format is .amr, .wav & 3gp. There are many settings to play around, but didn't explore much. Also has a Pro edition, but free does the job very well.

If you want apk, let me know, but it is free on play. It has got 14k+ 5 star ratings, so one can go with the audience.. :)

Edited by silent_god
  • Like 3

kshah ji... Tried your method (I have already purchased that Call Recorder for my GNexus and Pantech Burst) but its not working for my International RazrMAXX on 4.1.2...

+1 and Thanks anyway... If you have any other method for RazrMAXX please share it also... Wrt RazrMAXX, I have found NO single call recorder working till now...

@silent_god:

Can you upload the apk please - whenever you have time.

Google play says its not compatible with Samsung Nexus S 4G so I am unable to get it from there.

kshah ji... Tried your method (I have already purchased that Call Recorder for my GNexus and Pantech Burst) but its not working for my International RazrMAXX on 4.1.2...

+1 and Thanks anyway... If you have any other method for RazrMAXX please share it also... Wrt RazrMAXX, I have found NO single call recorder working till now...

Select handset as DROID BIONIC, ROOTED handset and ALSA installed. It is working on my MAXX 98.72.16, XT912

post-842-0-62419200-1367310551_thumb.png

• Like 1

from the master himself regarding xt912

This phone doesn't support 2-way call recording at all.. But there's way to record calls from the microphone (only your side will be recorded):

1. get root access

2. install ALSA

3. set device to motorola droid bionic in the settings->recording->device

• Like 1

I don't know in what situations you all guys RECORD phone calls and what's the usage of those recordings afterwards.

But isn't it deceptive & unethical when the other party is talking to you in good faith and does not know about it?
  • Like 1

I don't know in what situations you all guys RECORD phone calls and what's the usage of those recordings afterwards.

But isn't it deceptive & unethical when the other party is talking to you in good faith and does not know about it?

uses are many.also depends on ur profession and what kind of people one deals with.

motorola xt800 had that feature out of the box but with droid razr, verizon wants to control every damn thing :(

NO recording is useful on many instance let me give you some example

1. While driving you cant take notes. That time this is the only way to take notes, order, numbers etc.

2. I know a person who has used recording against insurance company where company sales person made false claims and both gave recordings to court. DSA recording was tempered.

3. Legal cases where either of the party is on receiving end.

Why think that call recordings are always misused? Even using call recording in legal case is not easy task. So unless one has genuine intentions call recording is useless.

• Like 2

I don't see what is the problem in recording by individuals ! Call any company and you will get " This call may be recorded by quality control purposes". (Althouth, unlike in the US, Indian law does not require any such announcement).

Once you tell people that call is being recorded they automatically become careful and this saves a lot of time. Otherwise you will hear one thing on the phone and get something else in contracts/agreements etc and you have to go through 100 pages and then talk 5 times when the other guy will claim he meant something else.

Also, you can refer back to the recording when you yourself are confused. For example boss is saying something while you are driving or in a noisy environment and you keep saying yes sir yes sir without really getting the exact idea :) then you can listen to it again and realize what he wanted and what you are doing are entirely different things !

If the other party is talking in "Good Faith" & is reasonably honest then there's nothing to worry about if call is being recorded. If not, then its good that it was recorded.

Finally, since other parties are recording, we also need to record otherwise in case of any issue they will produce selective sections saying rest was not recorded.

So then you can produce your own authentic and full recording.

Obviously, its not very good to play pranks like getting your friends to criticize their bosses /wives / GFs etc

• Like 3

kshah ji,

May be I am using the latest version of those apps and the settings are NOT available (like to select phone models, method)... Please email me those apks (I have purchased them anyway -- so its NOT like warez imho.) Further I will then make it a system app using Ti-Bk-Pro to avoid or atleast revert back to it when updated via play store accidently.

Thanks...

@silent_god:

Google play says its not compatible with Samsung Nexus S 4G so I am unable to get it from there.

Here is the apk.

• Like 1

@ Kanagadeepan

Check screen

Download here http://goo.gl/OfKls

post-842-0-41895700-1367384361_thumb.png

Edited by kshah
  • Like 1

Not work with in incredible 2

Sent from my HTC S710d using Tapatalk 2

This seems to be a very nice call + voice recorder app and getting good reviews.

Why InCall Recorder??

Our advantages over the competitors:

• 2 in 1: Mp3 format calls Recording and high-quality Voice recorder.

• Two options in Call Recording mode: Manually select or automatically record all calls.

• Recording long periods of time create a small audio file: 1 hour recording ~ 7 Mb.

• In order to overcome the Low audio quality problem existing in other applications we have added a tool to amplify sound for clearer and better audio files.

• Addition of equalizer to the MP3 player to adjust and repair the audio file.

• Creating a new MP3 file from existing one after repairing and removal of a specific section of your choice.

• Convenient and clear interface.

• Continue recording even during incoming waiting call.

More features:

• Add a contact from a recording of an unknown number.

• Adding a comment to any recorded call.

• Send files using any sharing software (Whatsapp, Gmail, Dropbox, etc.).

• One-click self-email to any audio file.

• Select the recording start button placement or activate recording from notification bar (optional).

• Select the recording source: directly from the phone line or from the microphone (not supported on all devices).

• In order to record a call done in Bluetooth it is necessary to switch to the phone speaker - alert message will appear.

• Voice recorder quick launch from notification bar - optional.

• Set recorded audio files as ringtones or as notifications sounds.

New Features:

• Application Password - Protects audio files from exposure.

• Option to delete or save the last recording in Auto mode.

• Select the file save location and folder name (external or internal SD card).

• Sync to Dropbox! Options: single file, multiple files, or sync every recording at the end of it automatically. Files will be saved in folders sorted by contact / phone number and inside by date.

• Automatically recording selection to specific contacts or phone numbers.

• Like 2

@Rajan

This is advantage of your involvement. New and better apps. :-)

Good find. Works well in S3-i9300. Just now checked for a 14 minutes conversation.

In free version, we have to manually start recording. Paid version can automatically record all calls and is reasonably priced at Rs.60/-.

• Like 1

@Rajan Sir,

The Call Recording App seems good, but it's not working on my Nexus S 4G. Not able to find any specific settings to get it working.

Anybody having Nexus S 4G tried this working...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Can someone please upload the APK for this MP3 InCall Recorder & Voice >> https://play.google.....incallrecorder

It says its not compatible with any of my phones and I need the apk to install on my blackberry z10

(yes, almost all APKs work on BB10 - you just need to convert them to BAR - which can be done easily here: http://apk2bar.unker.net/).

Thanks in Advance.

@silent_god:

Here is the apk.

Thanks silent_god. Am trying it out now...