Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mroy

Problem with data on HTC Desire VC

I have a HTC Desire VC with Reliance CDMA. I have OMH card installed and activated, EVDO activated and have subscribed to MOBILENET94 plan.

This has been working fine from Jan till upto 2 days ago.

Now net is not working. When I go to settings, under mobile network it says " Turning On" and is stuck there.

I called Reliance Customer Care and they say my OMH card is not updated. But till 2 days ago it was working fine.

I wrote to HTC and they say I have to factory reset my device.

What I want to know is this -

1) Does it seem like a network / reliance problem or hardware problem?

2) Do you think a factory reset is necessary?

3) In case of a factory reset, do I have to activate OMH, activate EVDO and activate Mobilenet again?

Please advise urgently and thanks.

Regards

Madhabi

It does not seem like hardware problem... Might be network... If you have any other omh handset try your Sim I'm that you'll come to know if its your Handset or network... After reset you don't need to activate omh... You'll need to check apn settings... I suggest you check the apn settings before reset...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It does not seem like hardware problem... Might be network... If you have any other omh handset try your Sim I'm that you'll come to know if its your Handset or network... After reset you don't need to activate omh... You'll need to check apn settings... I suggest you check the apn settings before reset...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply. My APN settings are ok. Reliance customer care already has gone through the settings with me.

Also, it was working 2 days earlier.

The only problem is that signal strength is particularly weak here - there is hardly any EV signal mostly 1x, today morning there was no voice signal also. Can that be the problem?

I want to use factory resetting as the last resort.

Thanks

Madhabi

Hi,

I have recently bought an HTC Desire T328D VC hendset (CDMA + GSM). Earlier I was using Samsung Corby Speed SCH-F339 Handset for which I upgraded my Reliance CDMA UIM to an OMH card.

On my previous handset (Samsung) I was able to surf the net and access Mobile TV etc directly without connecting to Internet/wi-fi etc.

I have simply transferred the UIM to the new HTC handset and now the mobile Data does turn on at all. It shows "Turning On.." for a long time and then gets Disconnected. I am able to use wi-fi to access internet properly but unable to access net using mobile network directly.

The network bars on the handset show both 1x and Ev bars (at least 3-4 bars each).

I have even done a factory reset of my handset but that didn't do anything.

With the UIM, by default an APN settings appear which is read only and I cannot change it. I have tried adding new APN settings based on suggestion from RIM customer care but I do not have any option of enabling/choosing the new APN as the handset sticks to the default APN settings only.

I have also noticed that the default APN settings show a weired username (like 000...36) which is not my number. Please help as I am planning to travel in a few weeks and the main reason I switched to the new handset was so that I could use an Google navigation system while travelling!!

If this is not a handset issue and this forum is not the right place, please excuse me for that and guide me accordingly as this is my first post here.

Regards,

Narendra Ran

Hi,

I have recently bought an HTC Desire T328D VC hendset (CDMA + GSM). Earlier I was using Samsung Corby Speed SCH-F339 Handset for which I upgraded my Reliance CDMA UIM to an OMH card.

On my previous handset (Samsung) I was able to surf the net and access Mobile TV etc directly without connecting to Internet/wi-fi etc.

I have simply transferred the UIM to the new HTC handset and now the mobile Data does turn on at all. It shows "Turning On.." for a long time and then gets Disconnected. I am able to use wi-fi to access internet properly but unable to access net using mobile network directly.

The network bars on the handset show both 1x and Ev bars (at least 3-4 bars each).

I have even done a factory reset of my handset but that didn't do anything.

With the UIM, by default an APN settings appear which is read only and I cannot change it. I have tried adding new APN settings based on suggestion from RIM customer care but I do not have any option of enabling/choosing the new APN as the handset sticks to the default APN settings only.

I have also noticed that the default APN settings show a weired username (like 000...36) which is not my number. Please help as I am planning to travel in a few weeks and the main reason I switched to the new handset was so that I could use an Google navigation system while travelling!!

If this is not a handset issue and this forum is not the right place, please excuse me for that and guide me accordingly as this is my first post here.

Regards,

Narendra Ran

try adding a new apn.. if i am correct with HTC sense... you'll see 3 dots on the upper right corner in the apn menu which will give you option to add apn...

Add apn as follows...

Profile Name:- (anything of your choice)

Number to dial :- #777

user name :- net

Password :- net

and save... restand the device and try connecting... hope this solves the problem...

Edited by kmc251

Hi!

My problem is resolved by itself. Thank God! I did not have to do a hard reset.

It seems it was a signal issue because there was almost nil voice signal also for the past 2 days.

What it showed up was the ignorance of the CC staff of Rcom. They told me my OMH was not activated, even when I repeatedly kept telling them that it was working perfectly 2 days back.

When I went to the Rcom store in Ambernath, they told me there was a severe signal issue for the past 2 days. It would seem that CC should have the information and solve customers problems accordingly instead of misleading them.

Madhabi

I was facing the same problem

apn gets deleted automatically

default apn doesnt work

just create a new apn with following details

apn #777

username: your 10 digit number without 0

password: your 10 digit number without 0

I have HTC desire VC.

I have tried to start EVDO in this. I have done recharge of 123 also. But EVDO did not start. After finding a lot on web found "HSD" to be sent as SMS 55333. When I dis so I got SMS that " your handset do not support EVDO service"

Can anybody guide me how to get EVDO activated on my mobile. I tried hard with CC but it did not turnout to be useful